Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Culusow doesnt like federalism

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Sagaashan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Why Culusow doesnt like federalism

Postby Sagaashan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:11 am

However, those who are skeptical about the government’s search for rearming itself posit the following existential arguments:

•The current forces which the government wants to arm are not a volunteer-based national army, but simply a rag-tag clan militia, whose commanders could unleash atrocities again, this time under the rubric of “war on terror.”
•There is a genuine fear that Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, a president who is not committed to federalism, may use new weapons purchased in the open markets to sabotage the emerging bottom up governance which the residents of Jubbaland/Kismayo had so carefully organized.
Puntland, one of the most stable regions in the country and a region governed from within for the last 14 years as well as a cosigner of Garowo 1 and Garowo 2 accords, decisive agreements leading to the adoption of the Somali Federal Constitution on August 22, 2012, opposes the lifting of the arms embargo and has reportedly forwarded its concerns to the UN General Secretary Bani K-moon.
Somaliland, the oldest and safest region in the entire country, also opposes the lifting of arms embargo mainly because it views southern Somalia as being less stable and a dangerous group to arm.
•The emergent region of Khatumo state, which is deadlocked in a bloody political and military conflict with Somaliland authorities, is also apprehensive of arms pouring into the region at this juncture.
•Somalia’s indigent groups (Woman groups, the youth, journalists and most of the country’s civil societies) are opposed to the rush to rearm Somalia.
Look how difficult governing becomes, a simple request to the UN to lift the arms embargo gets a bitch slap from the federal states. He is as powerless as his previous job as a UN employee, thank God for federalism Xamar is just a city :blessed:

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Why Culusow doesnt like federalism

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 pm

:meles:

Kismaayo21
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kismaayo21 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

:-@ :-@ :som: will rise, oh it will rise

BigBreak
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BigBreak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 pm

its simple, there are more darood majority regions than hawiye majority regions of the 18 pre-1991 regions and that federalism would shrink the hawiye's only bargaining power (xamar) down in terms of status - xamar not being a primate city anymore would make them basically as equal to at least 5 other cities in a federal system

Kismaayo21
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kismaayo21 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

its simple, there are more darood majority regions than hawiye majority regions of the 18 pre-1991 regions and that federalism would shrink the hawiye's only bargaining power (xamar) down in terms of status - xamar not being a primate city anymore would make them basically as equal to at least 5 other cities in a federal system
No qabiil,wadaanka waa la isla leyahay, :som: kan kaliye aa soconeyso

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Every region wants to safeguard its rights......thats nothing to be ashamed of.
Who would willingly hand himself and his family to be governed by another man?

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 pm

You won't be singing the same tune when liberation comes.

Hundreds and thousands of joyous Somalis in Nugaal will welcome their liberators, the Somali National Army, who will free them from the clutches of the Feudal Overlord, Faroole and his son. They will work with the SNA to catch and bring feudalists, mafia bosses, terrorists and other criminals to special designated tribunal courts. Faroole when he is caught will claim to be an Australian citizen, deny being a Somali citizen and beg the Aussie government to quickly airlift him to his Perth taxi company. :blessed:

BigBreak
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BigBreak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 pm

compromise is needed - centralised federalism is required of 18 separate regions and mog/hrg as two fed cities if the union is to be resurrected. every region to have limited sovereignty and direct democracy

Nomand
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Postby Nomand » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm

if culusow is against federalism then we will impeach him based on the somali constitution and puntland and jubbaland will no longer recognize him as the president of somalia but as the president of abgaal and the mayor of mogadishu.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BigBreak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm

if culusow is against federalism then we will impeach him based on the somali constitution and puntland and jubbaland will no longer recognize him as the president of somalia but as the president of abgaal and the mayor of mogadishu.
be honest nigga, if u wasnt darod u wouldnt support federalism hence why
compromise is needed - centralised federalism is required of 18 separate regions and mog/hrg as two fed cities if the union is to be resurrected. every region to have limited sovereignty and direct democracy
Last edited by BigBreak on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titanium
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Titanium » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Stop calling it federalism. What these Somalis are doing is not federalism. Lets call it 'Somali-style federalism'.

Anyways, whether 'Somali-style federalism' is implemented or not, Xamar will still be the economic and political center of Somalia and will stay that way til forever. No city will ever surpass it. Many cities in peaceful areas had 20+ years to surpass it economically and no one has come close. So there is no point having any wet dreams about Xamar being insignificant.

I support Somali-style Federalism 110%. :som: :up:

Nomand
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nomand » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:17 pm

be honest nigga, of u wasnt darod u wouldnt support federalism hence why
somali elders have agreed on the somali constitution which includes your Dir elders. this president cannot be bigger then the constitution and must follow the rules. otherwise lets go our separate ways.

culusow has no other choice then to accept jubbaland. now a person who calls himself "superlander" is asking me if i was not darood i would support centralisation. whay about you, you hypocrite who supports complete segregation

BigBreak
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BigBreak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 pm

xamar will never be the main city anymore unless the abgaals share it with other somalis and drop the ununka leh mentality, otherwise there will be one or two who can take its place easily e.g. hargeisa

BigBreak
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BigBreak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:23 pm

somali elders have agreed on the somali constitution which includes your Dir elders. this president cannot be bigger then the constitution and must follow the rules. otherwise lets go our separate ways.

culusow has no other choice then to accept jubbaland. now a person who calls himself "superlander" is asking me if i was not darood i would support centralisation. whay about you, you hypocrite who supports complete segregation
:snoop: this is hypothetical dawg in case somalia/somaliland was to be one again i would oppose darood infested federalism bullsh*t as it is tribally motivated and i said compromise where there will be 18 SEPARATE regions with limited sovereignty

Nomand
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nomand » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 pm

:snoop: this is hypothetical dawg in case somalia/somaliland was to be one again i would oppose darood infested federalism bullsh*t as it is tribally motivated and i said compromise where there will be 18 SEPARATE regions with limited sovereignty
waryaa you are a laangaab no one cares what you oppose or support, know your place nigga

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.