Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Population of towns/cities in Somalia

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Barwaaqoiyobashbash
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Population of towns/cities in Somalia

Postby Barwaaqoiyobashbash » Sat May 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Are you crazy? I was in Gaalkacayo just a few months ago 140k is a good and decent estimation. Hargeysa was estimated 700k and Xamar 900k a few years ago no way Gaalkacayo is nearly 1/2 of Hargeysa and 1/3 of Xamar.
Nigga you crazy>?? :mindblown: Garsoor alone is 100k. Israac=100k iyo dowr qof,Baraxley= 100k iyo dowr qof,the rest of the xaafados iska deh another 25k.

I've been there,who're trynna fool son>? :childplease:

CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: 82' In between Hayeeyaasha, Baalidhaye and Coodanle

Postby CaynabaX » Sat May 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Israac and Garsoor 200k :lol: :lol:

If you are familiar with Gaalkacayo Garsoor is split in two X Garsoor and New Garsoor. X Garsoor is much pore populated compared to New Garsoor but both together don't reach the 100k miyaad waalantahay.

So you are basically claiming Gaalkacayo is nearly 1/2 of Hargeysa, are you deluded or just mentally disabled?

GIJaamac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GIJaamac » Sat May 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Are you crazy? I was in Gaalkacayo just a few months ago 140k is a good and decent estimation. Hargeysa was estimated 700k and Xamar 900k a few years ago no way Gaalkacayo is nearly 1/2 of Hargeysa and 1/3 of Xamar.
Nigga you crazy>?? :mindblown: Garsoor alone is 100k. Israac=100k iyo dowr qof,Baraxley= 100k iyo dowr qof,the rest of the xaafados iska deh another 25k.

I've been there,who're trynna fool son>? :childplease:
:whoa:

Im sure ineysan magaalada Gaalkacyo 100k oo qofood ka badneyn, Qiyaasta UNDP dadka baadiyaha iyo tuulooyinka degmada Gaalkacyo hoos yimaada degan ayaaba lagu sii darey.

ps. Is Hotel Afrika located in Baraxley or in the darood side of the town ?

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat May 04, 2013 3:41 pm

i disagree dhuusamareeb is atleast >150k or more :dj:

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat May 04, 2013 3:49 pm

xamar estimation maba ubahaan and :comeon: the city is congested with 2 million hawiye inhabitants
plus are you tryna tell us xamar is only slightly more populated than Hargeysa? :Puhlease:
Last edited by FarhanYare on Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barwaaqoiyobashbash
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Barwaaqoiyobashbash » Sat May 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Gaalkacyo is the largest city in Mudug.
So it shouldn't be a surprise. :mindblown:
Matter of fact,the whole chart is wrong. :mindblown:
Hobyo 60k>?
Jariiban.. :mindblown:
Galdogob 40k wtf :mindblown:

You don't know shid about mudug,kiss my left toe nigga.

AbuAnonymous

Postby AbuAnonymous » Sat May 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Israac and Garsoor 200k :lol: :lol:

If you are familiar with Gaalkacayo Garsoor is split in two X Garsoor and New Garsoor. X Garsoor is much pore populated compared to New Garsoor but both together don't reach the 100k miyaad waalantahay.

So you are basically claiming Gaalkacayo is nearly 1/2 of Hargeysa, are you deluded or just mentally disabled?
:wtf:

FALSE!!!!!!!
You've clearly haven't been to Gaalkacyo.
This should be your last comment about this topic. :ufdup:

CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaynabaX » Sat May 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Faraxoos, I aint lying my niggah.

FarIyoAlif
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Farhareeri - Heegaale - Sararaweyne - Buuhoodle | Samatar Baxnaan's successor

Postby FarIyoAlif » Sat May 04, 2013 4:13 pm

^ Isn't Waqooyi Galbeed Maroodi Jeex + Saaxil? :wtf: so Hargeisa + Berbera + Gebiley + Sheekh + 100s little towns and villages = 700k

:childplease:

samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby samatar133 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Your estimation is way off. Xamar is much more populated then Hargeisa let alone the tiny dusty village Galkacayo. Also, the thinking that Hargeisa is only twice bigger than Galkacayo is absurd too. The number closer to reality is like this Muqdisho 1.6 million, Hargeisa 800k, Galkacayo 150k.

AbuAnonymous

Postby AbuAnonymous » Sat May 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Faraxoos, I aint lying my niggah.

Look at the date--------2005-------- We're talking about today's population,not a decade ago. :|
The UNDP---these niggaz are producing a serious bias in these population estimates. :wow:

CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaynabaX » Sat May 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Your estimation is way off. Xamar is much more populated then Hargeisa let alone the tiny dusty village Galkacayo. Also, the thinking that Hargeisa is only twice bigger than Galkacayo is absurd too. The number closer to reality is like this Muqdisho 1.6 million, Hargeisa 800k, Galkacayo 150k.
Camu this from 2005 let's say Hargeysa was eight years ago around the 700k - 800k. Hargeysa saw it's biggest growth around 2007 - 2009. I think it's safe to say Hargeysa reached or passed the million mark today, easily.

Btw are you crazy I never said Gaalkacyo is 1/2 of Hargeysa. :lol:

samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby samatar133 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 pm

sxb that UNDP estimation is useless, khaladaad badan baa ku jiray. My honest guess about Hargiesa is no more than 800k and muqdisho not more than 1.6 million.
Last edited by samatar133 on Sat May 04, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GIJaamac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GIJaamac » Sat May 04, 2013 5:02 pm

sxb that UNDP estimation is useless, khaladaad badan baa ku jiray. My honest guess about Hargiesa is not more than 800k and muqdisho not more than 1.6 million.
:whoa:

I dont know about Hargeisa, but Xamar had 2 million strong population before the ethiopian invasion. Im sure peaceful Xamar today has at least markey u yartahay 2,5 million population.

samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby samatar133 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Ninyow soomalidu usually overestimate about their population, qolo kastaa waxay jeceshay inay aaminto inay badantahay, laakiin runta hadii aad doonaysid Muqdisho can not be 2 million, that is not possible.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.