Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beesha Hawiye Come In

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Beesha Hawiye Come In

Postby TheblueNwhite » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:08 pm

am pro federalism but sadly Somali people have a total lack of understanding what actually being a federal state means. To the average Somali Federalisim means each state gets its own President instead of a governor, each state has its own military and fly the state flag next to the national flag and create a national anthem. Somali people must first understand what being a federal country means. :lol:
:clap: we cant have 5+ foreign ministers and their delegates meeting 1 foreign minister from Switzerland. lol

If the topic is asking for Hawiye opinion, why then the non Hawiyes are in it? Btw this topic should be in the clan section. Somalis never follow rules. It's in the pudding. lol

sahal, Hiiraan is not the 2nd biggest gobol in Somalia, it's not even #5. Do research before you write such things.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:31 pm

complete autonomy for each state thats what i support :dj:

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 pm

I am not Hawiye but I have always been opposed to Somalia's version of federalism. In my opinion Somalia needs a strong central government. It will take a long for this to happen but it is only way forward in order for Somalia to exist as a nation.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:58 pm

I am not Hawiye but I have always been opposed to Somalia's version of federalism. In my opinion Somalia needs a strong central government.
:up:

GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Out of my mind somewhere...always somewhere, never an exact location.

Postby GeoSeven » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:54 pm

In favor of a strong Central government.

But to be realistic, I wouldn't mind accommodating a Federalist Somalia provided the autonomy of the regions does not translate to having countries within a country and where they are kept in check by the federal government. If federalism means creating states for qabiils, the NO.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks for the replies. So the theory that Federalism is favored by 1 clan over the other, as in Darood over Hawiye is false. I think the debate is how which is understandable.

Personally in a ideal world a la what HutuKing said I'd prefer Central Rule Where the tiny 10 million nation Somalis can unite under 1 leader. However I think this ship has sailed. Puntland is autonomous and will probably remain so and if Somaliland ever rejoined they would definitely rejoin only under a federal autonomous structure and never under central rule. Lastly The constitution is Federal so I think its time We accept this is going to happen.

Osob,

I agree with Your post exactly. Somali comprehension of Federalism is a absolute joke.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.