Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ethio takes charge of gedo security in preparation to take o

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

ethio takes charge of gedo security in preparation to take o

Postby sahal80 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:33 am

------in preparation to take over the whole region under the new administration

There is no multi-amisom forces at the moment so ethiopia is preparing itself to fill this position with the govt positioning itself too to take over.

This is why addis talks depend on ethiopia, all these are takeover preparations.

Talks may get suspended as there are two obstacles- govt nominating the local governors and giving the vice president position to the other group yet the result will be announced this evening.

Individual
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: ethio takes charge of gedo security in preparation to ta

Postby Individual » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 am

What do you mean suspended, is it going to fail?

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 am

Individual

No. We somalis don't believe in compromise, we believe in I will go up when you go down! its not according to their will but because of the change in the political equations

They never were serious before addis talks, each side had this neglect or lack of care...each sides points are shocking the other!

The govt is ready to recognise madobe but not his administration or its system...thus, they want to remove fartaag and replace him with abdi bare who is attached to the govt! on the other hand the shaykh says his administration is a daughter of the kismayo conference wich was all-inclusive!

Also the govt wants to nominate a local governors who are attached to it for lower and middle jubbas and saying they already appointed a governor for gedo...these series of steps lead to what is known the recognition of jubaland

It won't fail as they already reached an initial agreement on several different areas but these two points can be resolved after a sequence of stages due to their old neglect.

This is just my analysis on what they are reporting, it can be full of uncertainity.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:29 pm

If there's 1 benefit I see in all of this craziness its that, at least the Gov and Somalia in general recognizes the idea of a Jubbaland which consists of the 3 Gobols (Gedo/2 Jubbas) No more confusion about what Jubbaland is and what it consists of at least, although I don't know why there was confusion in the first place.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:23 pm

If there's 1 benefit I see in all of this craziness its that, at least the Gov and Somalia in general recognizes the idea of a Jubbaland which consists of the 3 Gobols (Gedo/2 Jubbas) No more confusion about what Jubbaland is and what it consists of at least, although I don't know why there was confusion in the first place.
I think the govt is not againist gedo being part of these provinces as an administration but its againist the jubaland initiative wich has different political meanings and regional external support and since gedo sounds having different political identity the govt is compromising about it because if it becomes part of jubaland the govt will lose big and most important southren population.

Latest reports; the name of the administration is still...

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Honestly if you remove that it is Madoobe and Fartaag now, what is going on is judt perfect. This is Jubbaland as I have always visualized it. Now there is international, national, and local legitimacy abiut WHAT Jubbaland is.

It is a beautiful thing personal for me.

Now granted 100% as a fact that a Sade will become president next even in Madoobe's admin snd Sade will only cement their base as the most important group in the state, I still cannot accept that a Sade is not president now.

So both sides are doing their job. Legitimize the CONCEPT of Jubbaland as we all view and Madoobe's issue will be taken care of by Barre Hiiraale not Hassan Sheikh.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:23 pm

As for the Ethiopians it is true. They have always cared about Gedo's security and were invested in it considering the region is tri border and because of the influence down the Jubba.

If they scare Shabaab into backing down until the entire organization disappears, more powrr to them.

They are just freeing up more of our militias to concentrate in Kismaayo and Lower Jubba.

P.s THE MULTI NATIONAL AMISOM force is in full course. 800 each from main groups for all of Jubbaland and particularly Kismaayo.

bashe19
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bashe19 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:17 pm

I wonna ask who's behind these shit habasha Abdi ilay or hayle salase?

Secondly what the hell they doing in Baled hawa? If they working for security they have to focus Bardera and Burdhubo.

Ma askarta inay Buuloxaawo ka masruuftaan bay doonayaan?

:damn:

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Honestly if you remove that it is Madoobe and Fartaag now, what is going on is judt perfect. This is Jubbaland as I have always visualized it. Now there is international, national, and local legitimacy abiut WHAT Jubbaland is.

It is a beautiful thing personal for me.

Now granted 100% as a fact that a Sade will become president next even in Madoobe's admin snd Sade will only cement their base as the most important group in the state, I still cannot accept that a Sade is not president now.

So both sides are doing their job. Legitimize the CONCEPT of Jubbaland as we all view and Madoobe's issue will be taken care of by Barre Hiiraale not Hassan Sheikh.
Ok. from what they are reporting, ethiopia is now pressuring on the madobe side to accept changing that name...so that point wont stick in the next meeting.

Local governors are still big issue.

Sheikh madobe side have agreed on an interim administration of two years, letting the army issues for the govt. The rest are unsure

They may suspend the talks but ethiopia has told them not to go anywhere before reaching agreement however the todays meeting looks to be the last with no agreement on these points.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.