Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Abdi Iley both revolutionized and killed Dhaanto

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

How Abdi Iley both revolutionized and killed Dhaanto

Postby Hawdian » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:38 am

I'm probably one of the biggest dhaanto fans. I love dhaanto. I love artistic expressions as compared to the jungle-mania of the south so called niiko. Naayada dabada ruxsaysan sidi dirxi idin ka galay mel nagala fadhiista.

Having said that I believe Abdi Iley revolutionized dhaanto and at the same time killed it for many of us and here is why.

He made dhaanto exciting and he gets huge budget from the Federal Government for it under "peace campaign". He has a whole team called Liyu Police Band and many others. They have one job and only one job; convert all youth into dhaanto hypnotized characters. TPLF has figured that it can defeat ONLF with dhaanto by getting youth into community halls, studios and school yards where they all eat, breath and dance dhaanto. Today, the new khat in Jigjiga is dhaanto.

One of the greatest dhaanto song yet released by Abdi Iley and his crew is Gobollada by Ali Bashir (Dhaanto).

How did he kill it?

Well here is the problem. The whole town has been hypnotized and no one sees anything but dhaanto anymore.

If Abdi Iley is asked about budget...his answer is:

By the way another great dhaanto (above)...love the melody, which is from Amhara melodies.

If he is asked about a kid missing...his answer is...war dhaantada si fiican oga dhax eega...

If they ask him anything regarding education, he is quick to throw:

If two ladies hold protest, he will tell them to go home instead and watch...(by the way I like this new work by Budul, Nogob)

If he is asked about water, he has a solution for that too..

If homeless kids run to him, he has a nacnac dhaanto for them too...adeer orod stereo-ga halka yala dhagayso

In short, my message is people need more than meaningless parties. Camal kaleba ma jiro oo ahen kalay dhaanto ku saqrana and hopefully when we wake up everything is cool. Who agrees?

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: How Abdi Iley both revolutionized and killed Dhaanto

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:43 am

:dead: :deadrose:

wlc back my sand dweller friend. :dj:

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:04 am

iley is cool freindly,crazy proud and brave leader, he may look stooge but he is really just working for the short term somali benefits. if not him somali ethios like this hawdian fella would have been proud of being tigray or amhar running away from their ethnicity.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:38 am

It's hard to reconcile the two faces of Iley......the collaborator and the reformer.
I guess the Somali's in Ethiopia had a stark choice......wait and suffer for Somalia to liberate them.....or work within Ethiopia to develop their region and people.

SANDIEGUY
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SANDIEGUY » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:40 am

It's hard to reconcile the two faces of Iley......the collaborator and the reformer.
I guess the Somali's in Ethiopia had a stark choice......wait and suffer for Somalia to liberate them.....or work within Ethiopia to develop their region and people.
:up:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 am

:lol: Welcome back Hawdian

knet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby knet » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:46 pm

He will be hanged soon by the same youth dancing to dhaanto. :evil:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:31 pm

One of my Favorite dhaantos

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:55 pm

ina illey less than two years left for him! he will be given possition in addiss like the previous one!! i am wondering where they would sent his rer badiye kin he brought them to jigjiga!!

never disliked human like this guy and i cannot believe i hand check him few times in my place!!

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:08 pm

when ileey is sacked he will join federal Ethiopian politics probably he is aiming to become speaker of Ethiopian parliament or deputy if that does not work out a minister

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:11 pm

he told me he will try second time if not he wants to represent ethiopia in qatar embassy!! nin ka afmisharsan waligey ma arkin.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.