Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Somali Cities Ranking

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Substance
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Best Somali Cities Ranking

Postby Substance » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Angolan civil war took place for 26 years. And it took merely 5 years to transform their economy and develop their towns and cities. If Somalia gets a functioning government that nobody spoils then Somalia can also boom within 5 years. Somalis are impatient and expect things to change quickly hence why they so hesitant to attack the government and they immediately become pessimistic. How are we ever going to have a functioning government when people just want the government to fail because the president is not from the same clan as them? It is like Somalis are hoping for the government to fail, what sort of logic is that?

Lets say we create this organisation that role plays the role of the government, do you think this is feasible when the whole country cannot unite. We will have different organisations popping out everywhere.

What Somalia needs is to gear towards the 21st century which is to establish a country that can live together in peace without the means of division or creating so-called mini governments.
I don't know about the Angolan civil war but every conflict is unique and its possible that Somalia is unable to unite, via external and internal forces and I'm sure there are many Somalis with a pessimistic view towards the gov and wants it fail so the status quo remains but the question was about the city planning and why many cities don't have planning and how it can be changed. It's for the betterment of the people thus they should be proactive and instead of waiting, they should come up with there own solutions until we have a government that can fill this role.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't know about the Angolan civil war but every conflict is unique and its possible that Somalia is unable to unite, via external and internal forces and I'm sure there are many Somalis with a pessimistic view towards the gov and wants it fail so the status quo remains but the question was about the city planning and why many cities don't have planning and how it can be changed. It's for the betterment of the people thus they should be proactive and instead of waiting, they should come up with there own solutions until we have a government that can fill this role.
Wallahi I have no answer for that. I doubt anything can replace the role of a government and these so-called tribal states like Somaliland, Puntland, Ximan and Xeeb, Galmudug, Jubbaland, Khaatumo, Maakhir, Awdal State, Shabelle State or whatever lala-land. They are nothing but obstacles under foreign handouts. Their mere existence is to be roadblock for the formation of a united and functioning Somalia. It is nothing but a divide and rule the international community have hijacked with us. And Somalis have fallen for this trap, hence we see this skinnies beating their chest for their tribal 'states' and busy waving their tribal flags. Somalis have lost sense of unity, patriotism and common goal.

My main dream is a united Somalia where we have a functioning government with strong institutions and where people can vote for their mayors, councillors, MP's, president and governors. That is my dream but realistically it is not fruitful in the next 10-20 years unless Somalis stop this trap they fallen for. I have hope and I'am optimistic and every day I'am in a battle with these pessimistic tribal infested Somalis.

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Good topic however many of you are ranking things based on emotional and sentimental reasons not being rational.

Let us rank it based on number of factors such as size, economy, infrastructure, safety and living conditions.

Based on these factors, we should score on each field 0-10; 10 being the highest.

I would say for infrastructure Djibouti gets the highest
For economy, Mogadishu gets the highest (there is a lot of money in Xamar)
For safety I would rank Hargeisa and Djibouti the same. They are both very safe cities.

For size Mogadishu gets that followed by Hargeisa
For living conditions Hargeisa takes that clearly followed by Jigjiga.

Djibouti is very expensive place to live and thus conditions are tough while Mogadishu is a war zone.

Based on these factors I would rank

1) Hargeisa (good score on safety, living conditions and size) & Djibouti (high on safety, infrastructure)
2) Mogadishu (business activities high)

6) Jigjiga (very small town that consists of one street, not much opportunities there apart from performing dhaanto for the DDSI, very few infrastructure, relatively safe---people still live in fear from regime, ONLF, etc)

Hargeisa is still the #1 city, due to her growth in such short period and will soon surpass many in the region but her biggest downfall is lack of infrastructure (roads, sewage, water problems, pathways, public transport)

I still rank Bosasso, Galkayo, Kismayo and Burao higher than Jigjiga. Jigjiga is the size of Garowe with a better airport.

skywalker25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Postby skywalker25 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Wallahi I have no answer for that. I doubt anything can replace the role of a government and these so-called tribal states like Somaliland, Puntland, Ximan and Xeeb, Galmudug, Jubbaland, Khaatumo, Maakhir, Awdal State, Shabelle State or whatever lala-land. They are nothing but obstacles under foreign handouts. Their mere existence is to be roadblock for the formation of a united and functioning Somalia. It is nothing but a divide and rule the international community have hijacked with us. And Somalis have fallen for this trap, hence we see this skinnies beating their chest for their tribal 'states' and busy waving their tribal flags. Somalis have lost sense of unity, patriotism and common goal.

My main dream is a united Somalia where we have a functioning government with strong institutions and where people can vote for their mayors, councillors, MP's, president and governors. That is my dream but realistically it is not fruitful in the next 10-20 years unless Somalis stop this trap they fallen for. I have hope and I'am optimistic and every day I'am in a battle with these pessimistic tribal infested Somalis.
Horta I have seen you dismiss the achievements of people from set regions by using a wet dream like comparison of a central unified government. The problem is that this Uniting government does not exist has not existed and judging by todays situation will never exists. Its also kind of ironic that this government in Xamar you support is the most reliant on outside help to sustain it where regions like Puntland or Somaliland require zero to little outside help to function. So if as you claim you hate these regional governments because they are being supported by outside powers why do you turn into stevie wonder when you face AMISOM?

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:44 pm

2.Dire Dawa
3. dire dawa - this is majority somali ok and it is very planned yet not as prominent as other two cities i mentioned
Dire Dawa is not a Somali city though. It may have been in the past but it is not today.

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Rate My tuulo thread :lol:

Mine
1. Ceeldheer
2. Warsheekh
3. Cadale

:eat: :dj: :mrgreen:

Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Postby Daff » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Wardhiigley wasaarad waye
Inta kale wakalad waye

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Gudhuu logic 101.

Somaliland is not a tribal state it's a Somali state part of "shanta Somaliyeed" just like Djibouti and Somalia. Matter of fact it was the first Somali state to gain independence and that proves that it precedes Somalia as a sovereign state thus it can't be part of something it precedes.

"Awdal state", "Maakhir" and "Khaatumo" doesn't exist in real life, only in the minds of anti SL cunts.

Go unify Somalia Italiana, Somaliland is none of your business.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:06 pm

2.Dire Dawa
3. dire dawa - this is majority somali ok and it is very planned yet not as prominent as other two cities i mentioned
Dire Dawa is not a Somali city though. It may have been in the past but it is not today.
Dude it's a gurgura and cisse dominated town , with jaarso ,akisho,gadabursi, and other smaller dir tribes and some oromos n other ransoms , the city is named after the oldest Somali clan come on now

BlackRain
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlackRain » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Moqdisho triumphs on any other Somali city by a mile, followed by Djbouti and then Hargaisa. That's overall ranking based on economy , size, infrastructure and climate.

In terms of living standard and urban planning, I rank Hargaisa first, followed by Garowe and then Jigjiga .

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:04 am

The reason Hargeisa ranks first is that her score is always consistent and likely score of above average where as the others are going up and down in a massive way. Therefore in reality if these scores were measured...Hargeisa would be ranked top.

Xamar can not rank on top simply based on population alone and when it comes to economy it's not that advanced. Most of it is just foreign aid pour into it. Average people do not really see it and there are hundreds of thousands of displaced people. Infrastructure destroyed beyond recognition apart from few things the Turks have restored.

Hargeisa would score high on safety, living conditions and above average on population (est. 1.1 million residents)

It would score above average on economic opportunities, it would score below average on infrastructure so really her down side is 1/6. Hargeisa also has great nightlife.

Mogadishu score below average on safety, infrastructure, living conditions
Djibouti scores high on safety, infrastructure and an average score on population but poor on living conditions (very expensive and everything is imported).

Overall, it makes sense to give Hargeisa #1 for her above average consistent score followed by Djibouti and then Xamar.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:26 pm

Djibouti city ranks first think again lol.

Djibouti city is safer then Hargeisa. hergeisa your cell phone will get taken within 20 seconds ( lol insider joke) but in Djibouti city a girl can wear a mini skirt and flash her money openly no one gives a damn and no one cares, due one of the two in hargeisa you're fucked.

Djibouti City's night life is more exciting then hargeisa milion and one shisha spots and diaspora bashaal at peoples houses, which is basically it.

in djibouti you can scuba dive, go go kart racing, frequent the clubs, swim by the beach, partake in restaurants showcasing world foods, not just basic somali baris and baasto, u can do One million differnet things in djibouti city, unlike harigeisas 3 things which is shisha, bashaal, and maybe a diaspora chill spot.

wallahi hergeisa does not even compare to djibouti city but they are trying, and i recognize their effort, a for effort :lol:

Djibouti City best somali city on Earth, as God intended.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Hergeisa is more dangerous then djibouti city, due to the jaad factor you have 600,000 lunatics running around at night bothering people while they are high its waved off as " they are high on jad iska daa" so its hard to walk to the next shisha spot with 40 lunatics following u, and kids hollering from windows, and people throwing rocks at others for no reason, if u hav a dispute in hargeisa, u get your rocks ( dagaax) ready then catch the culprit while they are turning a corner
then 60 people watch the fight and 10 others if u ask them provide the backstory , even maybe officers might just watch that shit for fun.
what the fuck is that,
im glad djibouti is hot cos its less of a incentive to chew jad, jaad is everywhere in the horn but u cant chew in 40+ weather thank god ( at least not properly)
we need to ban jaad.

waraabe251
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby waraabe251 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Djabouti has good roads compared to hargeisa, but hargeisa has better living standards. Average person in hargeisa is more affluent then the average person in Mogadishu or anywhere else. Hargeisa has some of the nicest hotels in the Somali peninsula. Roads and pavements are being built as we speak, people are building very beautiful houses these days. And more and more towers are being constructed. Safety wise, hargeisa is probably the safest place in the peninsula and the security is second to none. Infrastructure Wise hargeisa is average. For that reason i would say hargrisa is the best. Mogadishu is close but if the Turkish leave, it is either jigjiga or djabouti. Djabouti is really a small crowded place that is too hot and smelly, they people have no dhaqan and there is no spirit. They have good roads and infrastructure. Jigjiga is a growing city with good roads and infrastructure.

so i would say hargeisa, then Mogadishu then jigjiga

waraabe251
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby waraabe251 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:10 pm

In terms of business activity, employment, and economy i would say hargeisa by a long shot, there are more opportunities for Somali in hargeisa then anywhere else. Probably followed by djabouti then muqdisho.

hargeisa is also the most diverse Somali city clan wise, nearly every Somali clan has presence in hargeisa.

remember also hargeisa is not recognized so they can't get the the funds they need

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.