Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Somaliland get indepence ? - Vote now

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

Should Somaliland get indepence

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes: 30

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Should Somaliland get indepence ? - Vote now

Postby qoraxeey » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:04 am

Haaye have your say in this :lol: :up:

the world leards keeping telling the Somaliland vagabond if they want indepence they have to negotiate with the rest of the Somali Republic

lets have a vote :clap:

skywalker25
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Re: Should Somaliland get indepence ? - Vote now

Postby skywalker25 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:07 am

Qoraxaeey, dont worry about Somaliland wallalo. Greater minds than yours and mine are working on progress..

Tell me how will your people and your cousins the digle&mirfle deal with the next famine?

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:10 am

Qoraxaeey, dont worry about Somaliland wallalo. Greater minds than yours and mine are working on progress..

Tell me how will your people and your cousins the digle&mirfle deal with the next famine?

who said im worrying about you :lost: This is just a vote for fun , at the end of the day U belong to Greater Somalia :som: :clap:

and for your question about the famine .. Allah swt is the only one who can truely help the people :rose: I keep my homeland in my ducoos

visious
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby visious » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:10 am

almost no country recognizes Somaliland as a country.

Palestine, kurdistan, Northern cypruss, Sahrawi republic and Scottland all have atleast 1 country or more countries recognizing them but Somaliland has none.

fact is that it should start getting recognized by countries not people inorder to become an independant country.

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:14 am

so far the NO voters are more :clap: :som:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:40 am

Somaliland is already independent for the past 23 years alxamdulilah

As for negotiations with koonfurians qoraxay mala badhidadi banad meel ku hubin eh but we were talking to them the past 2 years :lol:

blizzard90
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby blizzard90 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:42 am

these topics are so boring.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby barbarossa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Qoraxeey, how about you making a small sacrifice for our beloved Somalia, and in the process instantly turn yourself into a national heroine à la Xaawotaako, our own Jeanne D'arc if you will. All you have to do, is to give your hand in marriage to a Northern brother, in the hope, that this will appease the secessionists there enough to bring them back into the fold and once again sing the patriotic songs of old, such as Somaliyeey toosoo, toosoo isku tiirsadee.

The beauty of it all is, the effect of this rare geesinimo on your part, would be akin to killing two birds with one stone: on one side, now that you are wedded to an actual man, you will no longer have to spend long, cold, Nordic nights alone, in your bed, while on the other side, Somalia's ever looming fragmentation would finally be brought to an abrupt end and the five starred blue flag will once again be waved proudly. How about it, Qoraxeey? This is your time to shine, sis, so my advise to you is, to forthwith seize this once a life time opportunity, and act for the sake of Mother Somalia. I once again remind you, Qoraxeey, the fate of our nation rests on your shoulders!

MarsinQorahay
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MarsinQorahay » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:40 pm

No, let them starve unrecognized.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:45 pm

The question people should ask themselves should somalia be independent from the African union
I think that is a bigger problem

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:48 pm

A stable and self-sufficient region minus independence > an unstable and impoverished region with recognition :up:

STARKAST
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby STARKAST » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Impoverished ? Xamar is richer than every part of Somalia by far, koonfur is richer than every part of the horn. Only koonfur is unstable, ssc, to galkaayo aka puntland is stable.
Self-sufficient - you do realize the triangle (HBB) receives a awful amount of aid...
I'll give u stable though hambalyo, but not burco - there were riots before ramadan.

but your argument has failed.

qoraxeey, worry about building gedo.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:40 pm

I hate to come into a topic as overplayed as this, but Starkast walaalo, I personally oversee many shipments into Berbera and Mogadishu...the latter recieves FAR more aid than the north, both UN orgs and AMISOM.

Those riots were small and contained without much damage. A people are meant to have differences in opinion. Alhamdulillah, that's all it was.

blizzard90
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby blizzard90 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:44 pm

puntland is not stable, and 87% of young puntlanders are dying in Tahriib heading to Yemen and piracy gangs in bosaso.
somaliland is also a peice of shit

only Mogadishu is stable, all north is a warzone

STARKAST
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby STARKAST » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:55 pm

I never said Mogadishu doesn't' get alot of aid, it is the capital of our nation, i was just correcting the other posters lies regarding HBB/SL self sufficiency.
As a reer west burco person like yourself you'd obviously downplay such anarchy there. People died. enough said. But don't' worry as i said the north west is v safe :up:

This is from the EU's website, this is what you call a referenced source, aka facts any child knows regarding sl and why it projects its label of peace in the horn which is important because it brings gaajo lacag that the gov steals.
However, the argument about Somaliland not receiving foreign aid is not entirely correct. The European Union has been supporting Somaliland for years and I recently decided to give 175 million Euro of additional funding for entire Somalia; but around 70% of this money is foreseen to be spent in Somaliland and other areas of stability.
To be more precise, on-going, EU-funded programmes in Somaliland currently amount to approximately €62 million. There are 63 projects ongoing: 27 projects in the governance (€21.9 million); 13 projects in the education sector (€11.2 million); 13 projects in support to economic growth (€15.1 million); and 9 projects (€8.5 million) in other sectors (health, water and sanitation).
question : are u a secessionist if you are then am not your walaalo even though u got a nice voice ?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.