Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Patriotism, do you have it?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Re: Patriotism, do you have it?

Postby Adali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:49 pm

The Shahaada should go top and the UN created flag bottom.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:50 pm

It's funny how people talk about Somaliweyn but negate the fact that SL is part of Somaliweyn and the first Somali state within the context of Somaliweyn to gain independence.

In essence,

That blue flag does not only represent Somalia but all the Somali territories including Somaliland, Djibouti, NFD and K5.

For once, stop the f-king hypocrisy.
Exactly my point, I'm glad we agree. :som: :up:

We do not agree..

I wrote ''in essence, that blue flag not only represent Somalia but all the Somali territories including Somaliland, Djibouti, NFD and K5''.

In other words, by nature it represents but in reality it doesn't because you and your people have hijacked Somaliweyn, that flag and everything it stood for.

I don't blame you for putting that down SL flag, I blame the people who has indoctrinated you because in your world patriotism means anti SL.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:51 pm

It's funny how people talk about Somaliweyn but negate the fact that SL is part of Somaliweyn and the first Somali state within the context of Somaliweyn to gain independence.

In essence,

That blue flag does not only represent Somalia but all the Somali territories including Somaliland, Djibouti, NFD and K5.

So this is the "new you"?

Am I insulting people?

I'm trying to have a rational discussion with po.

Julkimi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalinet boycott by Puntites in effect 12/24/14. GB,Quark, Righteous I will miss you my brothers.

Postby Julkimi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Khalid weren't you born Somalia? . How come you don't have a somali flag..

P.s

My auto correct is racist. After I wrote somali the next word suggested was FOREHEAD. I dont know how I feel about this. :|

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:52 pm

In essence,

Stop talking about colonialism every time to justify your land land. its annoying and distasteful to say the least. Have the will to suppress your house negro sentiments, i know its hard.

-- the blue flag is a uniting force :som: hanoolaato , our clan our identifier
When SL gained independence the tail of colonialism was cut off.

I don't understand your argument..

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Its a oxymoron to have the Shada on the flag but reject what that passage commands.....this is why i don't take reer hargeisa/somaliland seriously. Not at all. :up:

:idea: who can answer my statement, elephant in the marfish ?

Guardians of the islamic faith

Allahu akbar walilahil Xamd

We guard the religion from the religious terrorists of Somalia

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Its a oxymoron to have the Shada on the flag but reject what that passage commands.....this is why i don't take reer hargeisa/somaliland seriously. Not at all. :up:

:idea: who can answer my statement, elephant in the marfish ?

Guardians of the islamic faith

Allahu akbar walilahil Xamd

We guard the religion from the religious terrorists of Somalia
And then party with the shahada blasting music and doing niiko all around it. Yah y'll guard the religion.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Xildiid don't blow a casket, I'm a big SL supporter, on May 18 I'm always there :stylin:

ps I was never indoctrinated, as no one in my family mentions SL. I have some cousins in Hargeisa I shall visit. :stylin:

LightAtNight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LightAtNight » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:54 pm

I've got Humanism

waraabe251
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby waraabe251 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:55 pm

I have SL flags around the house, i had few around my university accommodation. i have few SL t-shirts . I try to display SL every time i can.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Julkimi

i used to have the flag of Somalia untill a few years ago , but i had allot of SL extremists over some times to chill at my place , and they were calling me to have a sympathy for the koonfurians, and not a real Somaiilander so i removed it and instead replaced it with the Dutch Flag.

EliteSomaal those who do wrong with the flag do not represent the intentions of the flag and what it stands for, the SL government in 1991 decided to have the shahaada on the flag because it represents our people 100% Islamic people. You should not look at what some qurba joog do with the SL FLAG

The flag also represent these people who behave well and uphold the values of the flag there are milllions who uphold the flag for what it stands

Very bad generalization of you of you Elite Somali and i thought u were one of the most rational daroods on snet guess not

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Khalid Ali on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:08 pm

I got to admit, SL are probably the most patriotic somalis for their flag. :sland: :up:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Somalilanders try to wave the Flag and they really mean it

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:15 pm

In essence,

So this is the "new you"?

Someone hacked his account

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Khalid, just because you have the flag with all the time doesn't really much. I think what is happening to Isaaq is a collective buufis. And to be honest it's not always a good sign for a people to be overly nationalistic.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.