Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Patriotism, do you have it?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Patriotism, do you have it?

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Khalid, just because you have the flag with all the time doesn't really much. I think what is happening to Isaaq is a collective buufis. And to be honest it's not always a good sign for a people to be overly nationalistic.

Extreme nationalism is good , Somalilanders are always very honest when they go for something remember in the 1960s do you remember when they on the for front of what was known as Ethno Somali nationalism. Today Somaliland nationalism has matured especially the younger generation the older generation try to be also very strong nationalists ,because they feel guilty what they have thrown away in in 1960s the likes of Edna adan Silanyo and waran cade who are old enough to remember the Union. in the Somali peninsula i believe Somalilanders are the most nationalist maybe Jabuutians follow and become second 3rd Somali kenyans than as last Somalis of Somalia.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Xildiid don't blow a casket, I'm a big SL supporter, on May 18 I'm always there :stylin:

ps I was never indoctrinated, as no one in my family mentions SL. I have some cousins in Hargeisa I shall visit. :stylin:

Humans act toward things on the basis of the meanings they ascribe to those things, in other words, patriotism in Somalia equals the amount of hate one can direct towards Somaliland. People from Somalia can't agree on simplistic matters but when it comes to SL they all agree because they believe they're fulfilling their patriotic duty. I've seen Raxanweyn people, who did not know that places such as Las Canood, Ceerigaabo, Burco, Hargeisa and Borama existed prior to 1960, oppose SL not because it will affect them and their lives but because it's this pre conceived notion that by opposing Somaliland you become a patriot.

It's f-king disgusting and one of the main reasons why I stopped believing in a new union between SL and Somalia.

Dude, pointing out that you got a cousin in Hargeisa won't change that fact and it won't change the fact that you harbor anti SL sentiments for the same reasons I mentioned above.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:26 pm

I just can't reason with such ignorance. The elephant in the room still fails to be answered . :up: Enjoy

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:27 pm

And finally Holland

The shahada is the most single important idea/belief since the creation of men and this is what it's been reduced when it comes to folks like you, khalid. Y'all party around it too much not noticing the amount of disrespect you are doing. And as if that is not enough, you want to tell me you guard religion? Why don't you start with getting rid of the shahaada from your flags and then we'll talk.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:28 pm

It's funny how people talk about Somaliweyn but negate the fact that SL is part of Somaliweyn and the first Somali state within the context of Somaliweyn to gain independence.

In essence,

That blue flag does not only represent Somalia but all the Somali territories including Somaliland, Djibouti, NFD and K5.

For once, stop the f-king hypocrisy.

So this is the "new you"?

Someone hacked his account

I'm not insulting anyone, nor spamming the forum with rants.

I'm still keeping the promise I made.

Adigu ii waran though, do you got a nice badhi? Ileen waxaad ka mid tahay hablaha reer Kooshin or should I say cushion :steviej:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:31 pm

Xildiid, there are plenty of people who on the sl side that are just as equally dogmatic.

Khalid, what you call maturity, I call the sentiments of the day. Yesterday it was greater Somalia, today it is autonomous states, tomorrow Allahu Calam. It could be that from the fever nationalism that the youth are born into today, because of certain unforeseeable events in the future might be the biggest callers to unity. The Somali people are one people, just like the Italians and the German people, unity is inevitable because it will be needed to survive.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Xildiid, there are plenty of people who on the sl side that are just as equally dogmatic.
True but you shouldn't make the mistake they're making sxb.

Many of us are actually trying to change the discourse and the debate about SL and what being a Somalilander means.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Xilldiid Koonfurians generally believe aslong as you kill other Somalis in the name of greater Somalia you are patriot they have been fed that the racist greater Somalia cult that we helped shape in the 1960s and 1970s. Where we created a xabashi boogeyman in order to keep the fragile ethno Somalism alive , but it collapsed as a house of cards. Many koonfurians even deny that there was even a union between 2 states. But the flag symbolizes Somaliland Somalia Kenya and Jabuuti and kilil Somali all part and separate entities and states, its funny that they some times put SL next to Puntland but their own flag acknowledges Somaliland shanta Somalidu wa ayo hadaad tidhadhid wa iska amuusayan . Problem the former Somali nationalism was based on hatred not love between Somalis but hatred for non Somalis which cant be sustained., in the long term thats why it collapsed

Elite why should i get rid of the shahaaada because some people dance with it the shahaada remains because its our identity our way of life , let them stop doing the wrong things with it , but there are millions of reer SL who dont party with the flag, and it represents all people of Somaliland its part of their heritage and their islamic history in Somaliland which is very old. We will never get rid of the shahaada.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Am I patriotic depends on what context. I do love my country, I do love my culture, I do love my people (to a certain extend; I love Somalis that are on my level e.g. same ideology, attitude, goals). Am I really patriotic? Maybe

When it comes to nationalism, I am a civic nationalistic. Which means I want a peaceful Somalia with a functioning strong state, which I have the rights to share my political ideology. I'm also abit of state nationalistic. :|
Civic nationalistc:
Civic nationalism defines the nation as an association of people with equal and shared political rights, and allegiance to similar political procedures. According to the principles of civic nationalism the nation is not based on common ethnic ancestry, but is a political entity, whose core is not ethnicity.
State nationalistic:
State nationalism is a variant of civic nationalism, very often combined with ethnic nationalism. It implies that the nation is a community of those who contribute to the maintenance and strength of the state, and that the individual exists to contribute to this goal.
Do I own the Somalia flag? Yes I do. Do I own other items that represents my country? Yes I do. Do I want a peaceful united Somalia? Yes I do?

Do I want good things for other Somali territories that are not free? (Somali Galbeed & NFD) Yes I do.

Do I want good for the multi-ethnic country of Djibouti dominated by Somalis? Yes I do.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Khalid Ali,

That's the problem, Somalidu riwaayad bay isugu sheekeeyaan wherever they are. I feel disgusted by the level of hypocrisy.

Patriotism should be about how much you love your country, it shouldnt 't be about how much you hate others or how hard you're trying to undermine other people.

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Here is the thing sxb, there will be sland parties every may 18 and that will not stop. These parties occur all around the world. So either get rid of the shahada in the flag or stop partying on it and just have normal conference with no music and no niiko. Teeda kale shahaadada is not an identity that is exclusive to people from somalilands, it is a muslim identity. Part of the reason ictiraaf is taking forever is because y'all is misbehaving bruh.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Here is the thing sxb, there will be sland parties every may 18 and that will not stop. These parties occur all around the world. So either get rid of the shahada in the flag or stop partying on it and just have normal conference with no music and no niiko. Teeda kale shahaadada is not an identity that is exclusive to people from somalilands, it is a muslim identity. Part of the reason ictiraaf is taking forever is because y'all is misbehaving bruh.
These people don't use the shahada on the flag because of Islamnimo, they have it on their flag out of 'Arabnimo', they desperate to be Arabs. They just copied the Saudi flag. Hence why they don't respect the shahada. If it was out of Islamnimo, you wouldn't be seeing them shaking their ass with it. Eydoors are confused people and famously known for their love for munkar (music, alcohol, khat, promiscuity etc).

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Khalid, what you call maturity, I call the sentiments of the day. Yesterday it was greater Somalia, today it is autonomous states, tomorrow Allahu Calam. It could be that from the fever nationalism that the youth are born into today, because of certain unforeseeable events in the future might be the biggest callers to unity. The Somali people are one people, just like the Italians and the German people, unity is inevitable because it will be needed to survive.

Not true it is polticial and nationalistic maturarity , yesterday it was greater somali, because the people of sl never were exposed to koonfurians but they got to know koonfurians really well the 30years union. History shapes people the bad blood between our people is so extreme , that a turning point is unlikely. Actually if there was no union in1960 between the. Two countries , there would be a chance today that somalia and somaliland would be very close and might have even share one passport one foreign policy strong economic ties.

But because we united and we fought and killed each other, the next generation will alwayse look suspicious when they see koonfurians. We know the longer independence struggles continues the more likely they succeed. Sharing a mere language is not a basis of union albanians and kosovons would be united. Eritreans tigres ethiopians would be united canada and us would be united the arab nations would be united, the somali jabuutians would be united withd the former somali republic u need more than a language to make a nation, u neeed an ideology a purpose togetherness history strong tradional culture ,political culture. Belgium and holland would be united . Ma gararay but u can always hope and believe , but there is a bigger chance palestine and israel agreeing to unite than somalia and somaliland.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Xima. Xaare since when do saudis own the shahaada

Walahi daroodka diinta ku yar shahaadadi waxay siiyein ilma cabdelcaziiz

Elite somali the flag represent somaliland its islamic identity and history, it just western countries qurbajoogs who party like that no reason to change that have u see. Those kind of parties in somaliland or the middle east. U have no valid reason

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:11 pm

The Saudi flag is green with white shahada written on it and a white sword. Eydoors just skipped the sword and copied the rest of the Saudi flag. Saudis own the template of the the bottom part of your flag.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.