Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

interregional subclans

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

interregional subclans

Postby sahal80 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:54 pm

I mean subclan jufo not like HG rather like cayr

I have met many guys from my subclan who speak a dir/ogaden/somaligalbeed dialect

And ther are those who speak south of xamar dialect like saying waxaan rawaa

But I have noticed that they even deffer in their looks. those in somaligalbeed they tend to be darker, look more nomads, poets, warriors. They r called reer iidle
Like this poet, they also carry non southren names like dhuux, ulaax

In the south they r more religious, nearly every family is called reer haji hebel

We can be found in the whole south and mandhera

The only subclans I have seen distributed like this r reerow hassan/sheekhals and dir

Now do your subclan(jufo) have the same dialect? Look the same? Any subclans who r distributed like that?

StormShadow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: interregional subclans

Postby StormShadow » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:05 pm

I don't km now I have met people from my sub Sub sub clan from galbeed, jubada dhexe and garißa and they still look the same. Wax jareer u eg weli ma arkin but they do have different accents tho and different words for different stuff like abriiq and kirli for a pot.

Togdeer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Togdeer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Firstly I disagree with what you are saying. Northerners are not nomads, and we are not darkies, and we are more religious then you lot.
For get about people being called reer haji hebel. My Sub sub sub clan is called REER HAJI.
An where I come from in togdeer region, it is the most religious part of the somali peninsula. All the biggest Sheikhs came from this region.
In my home city of Burco there are madresas everywhere, most people are xaafids. And when the adaam is heard, every1 leaves what they are doing
and they got to the mosque, you will not see nobody outside.

Anyways my Sub clan of Habar Jeclo leave in Togdheer, Hawd, Somali Galbeed, and NFD. To be honest they we do not see each other a lot. The one from Galbeed live with OGs, so they look and speak like them. The ones in Kenya also live with OGs and other somalis in NFD. The nomads there mostly keep cattle.
Compared to us who mostly keep sheep, goats and camel. But we all have different dialects, each sub sub clan talking like the people in the region.
Looks wise I think all somalis look the same.

Otherbrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Otherbrother » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Since my subclan is almost exclusively 'northern', they speak the same. But
"beesha arab waa beel kasoo jeeda beesha faca weyn ee isaaq waa mid ka mid beelaha ugu fac iyo tiraba badan beelaha isaaq waxa degaan ahaan u dagan gobalka hawd , hargiesa , burco, kilidhka shanad ee ethopai, deegaanka Xudur ee koonfurta Somalia, iyo goobo badan oo dhulka somalida ka mida"

Heard there are some in Xudur, and somali wiki also says the same. No Idea how they speak. Can only guess kunfur somali, like my family (other side) who live around Bay (Baydhabo) and others in Shabeellaha Hoose (Janale and surrounding areas).

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 pm

And we all look somalis but we deffer in looks

Even inside hiiraan they deffer in looks

Once I was reading a fiction short story for a guy from hiiraan and he started saying: I knew this guy in the city was a stranger and from cadoon(baadiyaha), he was lanky tall, dusty face, bla bla

This means city dwellers being more healtheir and stronger

I'm just just saying the look like that but basically I'm talking about these different dialects.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Otherbrother I hope you mean isaaq somaliland

I don't think bakool(xudur) but some of my relatives have told me that mandheera has isaaq population

They arrived during the civil war.

Otherbrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Otherbrother » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Otherbrother I hope you mean isaaq somaliland
I dont follow?
I don't think bakool(xudur) but some of my relatives have told me that mandheera has isaaq population

They arrived during the civil war.
I don't know, thats what I heard before and the somali wiki also says the same. الله أعلم.

Maybe they meant this Mandheera

During the war, most isaaq fled north or into eithiopia, the ones that stayed, stayed around Lower Shabelle with the Dir/Biyomaal and others. Many stayed due to having farms there (like my family.).

Isnt the border town mandera purely hawiye and some others?

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Yes mandheera is basically ajuran, gugundhabe and garre but after the war it had MX too

There r isaaqs who own business in there

Lower shabelle maybe only families who arrived there in the 70s, met one of them in the uk and he speaks biimaal dialect, he's habar awal.

I'm talking about different story; people who r natives.

We settle in somaligalbeed, hiiraan, lower shabelle, jubada dhexe, jubada hoose and mandheera.

If hawadle needs a conference in nairobi we manage it

Some families and business men can be found in mumbasa and tanzania

We r basically traders, preachers and farmers, in galbeed they have herds

Al islah movement was founded by us, sheekhal reerow hassan

Us founded it in sudan in 1977 but sheekhal has hijacked it in 79 in saudi arabia yet in the same house of its first founder

Zamzam foundation belong to us, its al islax foundation

We founded many religious villages. We r more religous than the typical nomads

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Southren dialect

MarsinQorahay
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MarsinQorahay » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:17 am

By just hearing agah you think you discovered the og dialect? Nacas

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:35 am

By just hearing agah you think you discovered the og dialect? Nacas
I didn't said ogadeen rather ogaden/galbeed. Dir and reerow hassan too have it. I haven't heard them saying agah but from feerfeer, mustahil, qalafe up to ceelberde in bakool they speak this galbeed dialect.

Abwaan abdi dhuux keep says walba walba, never heard it

I think he means almiino

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gabre » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:37 am

Walba is real Somali, almiino is borrowing from Italian lol

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.