Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali election 2016

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somali election 2016

Postby thegoodshepherd » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Even if Darood numbers reduce in a Two-state solution, the need for coalition would still assure their prominence in somalia-italia(12gobols). More then 50% of those gobols would fall under Darood influence whether under federalism or some sort of provincial 1man 1vote.

Two state solution would also force greater political distribution within somaliland in favor of Darood.
A two state solution would mean the division of my subclan, something I can never support. While it would empower the Darood in Italian Somalia, the Darood in British Somalia would be left in a weaker position than in a united Somalia.

TheCadaanGuy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby TheCadaanGuy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:01 pm

All this clan debate made my head go woozy.

Can't we just do it by population and be done with it???

Arcturus

Postby Arcturus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:43 am

Even if Darood numbers reduce in a Two-state solution, the need for coalition would still assure their prominence in somalia-italia(12gobols). More then 50% of those gobols would fall under Darood influence whether under federalism or some sort of provincial 1man 1vote.

Two state solution would also force greater political distribution within somaliland in favor of Darood.
A two state solution would mean the division of my subclan, something I can never support. While it would empower the Darood in Italian Somalia, the Darood in British Somalia would be left in a weaker position than in a united Somalia.
Many subclans find themselves divided by such borders. Why focus on this particular divide while there are no political strategies to dismantle all the various other divisive borders. In Buhootle blood brothers reside across such a border, aren't they your subclan too?

1. Compromise in the short term for long term pan-somali benefit.
2. Prioritize on short term gains at the expense of stability and pan-somali benefit.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.