Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Parliament Speaker Says Galmudug State is a Product Made in Somalia

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
libaaxyare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Parliament Speaker Says Galmudug State is a Product Made in Somalia

Postby libaaxyare » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 am

Prof. Mohamamed Osman Jawari the speaker of Somalia federal parliament who attended the swearing in ceremony for the newly selected MPs of Galmudug State assembly has commended the formation of the state which has just took its shape.

“You are the first regional state that I can describe as product made in Somalia, you are a role model to the rest of the country, I wished the other emerging states would follow suit this model of state building” said Jawari who was overwhelmed by satisfaction.

He thanked the local leadership for listening his advices as a Somali elder and implemented things according to his advice “I never thought that my advices would be rejected in my own constituencies and surprisingly accepted in these regions Mudug and Galgudud” said the speaker to a loud applause from the new deputies and traditional elders in attendance.

But the speaker has warned against practices by some other regional states of cutting relationship with the federal government “This new state would not exist without the federal government, and the federal government cannot exist without the member units, it’s not good and cannot be accepted for a regional state to say we cut ties with the federal government” argued the speaker.

He made clear that these exercised of state building is not about empowering individuals but instead is about building vibrant institutions which are founding stones for strong Somali state.

http://goobjoog.com/english/?p=15087

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Parliament Speaker Says Galmudug State is a Product Made in Somalia

Postby Rambie » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:13 am

What about northern Mudug?
Is t gonna be named Central state or Galmudug?
Galmudug sounds better, fed up with everything ending with land, unoriginal. :up:

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:32 am

Galmudug is th3 official name. After ramadhan i can play that galmudug song written by sahro dahir mire on repeat :eat:

Halmog
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Halmog » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:42 am

What about northern Mudug?
Is t gonna be named Central state or Galmudug?
Galmudug sounds better, fed up with everything ending with land, unoriginal. :up:
N mudug is PL, hagites enemy shot on sight

Kornel

Postby Kornel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Those were very powerful words indeed although there are so many hurdles still remaining cheif of them being HSM and his wholesale nepotism and willingness to kowtow to the ethiopians could mess up the chances for the state.

But I really agree with what he said, MP's were voted in a clear manner and inshallah and so will be the state president, no kenyan or ethiopian lackeys or HSM cheerleaders.

Congrats central staters.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:30 pm

I like how SNTV brought the candidates together for a debate session. First of its kind in Somalia. Well done.

gacankudhiigle

Postby gacankudhiigle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:08 pm

this will never come to fruition, it will only be in writing. if hg try to change anything on the ground they will be shot on sight and evicted from their 1km baraxley shantytown neighborhood in gaalkacyo.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Its the real deal. All qabiils were represented and proportionally shared power.

My favorite candidate is Sheik Abdi Hassan Awale. He is not a DJ clown nor a Xabashi trojan.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 pm

SRSG Kay welcomes the swearing-in of MPs of the new Galmudug Interim Administration

Mogadishu, 22 June 2015 – The Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Somalia (SRSG), Nicholas Kay, welcomed the swearing-in of members of the parliament of the new Galmudug Interim Administration that took place in Adaado today.

“I congratulate the Federal Government, Minister of Interior and Federal Affairs Abdirahman Mohamed Husen, the Technical Committee, and the Elders of the Central Regions for accomplishing this important step which represents significant progress towards the federalization of Somalia. I also look forward to the successful completion of the remaining stages of the central regions state formation process, including the election of a President and the formation of the new administration.

UNSOM will continue to extend its full support to the state formation process until its full completion and urges all stakeholders to remain committed to constructive consultation, compromise and reconciliation. Ensuring a fair and inclusive process as the Adaado Conference elects the President of the Galmudug Interim Administration will contribute towards the establishment of durable peace and stability not only in this region but also for the whole of Somalia.

The United Nations remains committed to supporting the nation’s peace and state-building process.”

Ends.

==================

Ergeyga Gaarka ah ee QM oo soo dhoweeyay dhaarinta xubnaha baarlamaanka Maamulka Ku-Meelgaarka cusub ee Galmudug

Muqdisho, 22 Juun 2015 – Ergeyga Gaarka ah ee Xoghayaha Guud ee Qaramada Midoobay u qaabilsan Soomaaliya (SRSG), Nicholas Kay, ayaa soo dhoweeyay dhaarinta xubnaha baarlamaanka Maamulka Ku-Meelgaarka cusub ee Galmudug oo maanta ka dhacday magaalada Cadaado.

“Waxaan Dowladda Federaalka, Wasiirka Arrimaha Gudaha iyo Federaalka, Cabdiraxmaan Maxamed Xuseen, Guddiga Farsamada, iyo Odeyaasha dhaqanka Gobollada Dhexe ugu hambalyeynayaa tallaabadan muhimka ah ee ay qaadeen oo ah horumar la taaban karo oo loo qaaday federaalaynta Soomaaliya. Waxaan sidoo kale ku hanweynahay in guul lagu dhammeystiro marxaladaha ka harsan geeddi socodka maamul sameynta gobollada dhexe, oo ay ka midtahay doorashada Madaxweynaha iyo dhisidda maamulka cusub.

UNSOM wuxuu sidoo kale taageero buuxda u fidinayaa geeddi socodka maamul sameynta ilaa iyo inta si buuxda looga dhammeystiro, wuxuuna ugu baaqayaa dhammaan daneeyeyaasha ama dhinacyada ay arrintu khuseyso inay u sii heelanaadaan wadatashi wax ku ool ah, isu talaasul iyo dibuheshiisiin. In la xaqiijiyo hanaan caddaalad ah oo loo wada dhanyahay iyadoo Shirka Cadaado uu dooranayo Madaxweynaha iyo Maamulka Ku-Meelgaarka ah ee Galmudug waxay qayb ka qaadanaysaa in la gaaro nabad waarta iyo xasillooni ka dhacda ma aha gobolkan keliya, bal ee sidoo kale Soomaaliya oo idilba.

Qaramada Midoobay waxaa ka go’an inay taageerto geeddi socodka dalka ee nabadaynta iyo dowlad-dhisidda.”

Dhammaad

BlackRain
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlackRain » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:49 pm

So wait? is Galmudug different than Central state? I am confused.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:08 am

The new federal state in the central regions is called GalMudug (a Somali name).

BlackRain
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlackRain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:32 am

Oh i see. I tho Galmudug already exited? I always though the new federal state would be called central state. So i get it , this is pretty much Sacad run show.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:30 am

It's more of HG led maamul.

Osob101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Osob101 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:04 am

Blue

Congrats, its not too bad as i thought it was going to be alot worse for Waceysel since their entire region is under Al shabab and that would have worked against you.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Waceysle cares about stacking up in Benaadir more than their dusty territories in GalMudug. Hence, they deserve whatever is thrown to them.

There are more Maxamed Cadde in Benadir than the entire GalMudug. Lol...they chose Bondhere over Xarardhere.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.