Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ONLF have to be the most useless rebel group of all time

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gacankudhiigle

ONLF have to be the most useless rebel group of all time

Postby gacankudhiigle » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:37 pm

every rebel/opposition group you hear about have gained something. whether they are well-armed, lightly-armed, made up of military officers, civilians, farmers, etc. they have all gained something for their troubles. look at m23 in congo, look at sahrawi republic, look at hamas, look at what's happening in syria, look at hezbollah, look at other factions during the lebanese civil war, look at snm, ssdf, snf, usc, spm, look at libyan rebels factions during the libyan civil war, etc. i can go on naming rebel groups that have made significant gains for days walaahi.

now look at poor, dhaciif onlf. war wax ka itaal daran ma aragtey? ilaah baan kugu dharshee have you ever seen a rebel group this useless? now, let's take a look at who they are fighting against. they are not fighting the likes of the united states, nato european countries, israel, russia, china, etc. they are fighting against the gaajo ethiopian army. a starving army that can easily be defeated, especially if guerrilla tactics are deployed. war ilaah baan kugu dharshee forget about holding territory has onlf even captured an ethiopian army outpost? walaahi im perplexed at how weak they are. they even had an opportunity during the mid-90's when the derg regime fell, they could've been like the eritreans and broke off from ethiopia. ileen waa iska doqonkii ogaden :meles:

WaaliCas
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: ONLF have to be the most useless rebel group of all time

Postby WaaliCas » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:44 pm

They gained something...few halls in the West for tacsi purposes. After almost 200 years and still not a single village, makes you question why did they take up arms at the first place?

Cagdheer was never known for intelligence. They are yet to figure out the politics of Ethiopia. Even they slept from the one-year dhaanto.

The OLF is equally as useless. One Tigray awraja/county can beat both them single handily. Take for example the TPDM, they are from small county.

Can you imagine TPDM vs ONLF forget TPLF.

The TPLF at war aided by the EPLF...

The SNM, who defeated Barre and his SNA. It was a great victory and the defeat and total collapse of a whole regime that is yet to recover after 25 years.

Great song by the way, why can't they make these style of music now days?

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:20 pm

ONLF is the reason why the Ethiopian army no longer venture into the k5. The only thing hindering ONLF from achieving its goals are other Somalis not the axmar you speak of. All over Somali today the ONLF card is overused and abused as a way to gain favors from the starving nation you mentioned. Puntland, Somaliland, liyuu police and ahlu sunah have all used the ONLF card to lie in bed with Ethiopia and they work for Ethiopia and do Ethiopia's bidding. So no ONLF is not only engaged with Ethiopia and its army..it is also at war with the groups I have mentioned who would sell their wives and daughters if Ethiopia commands. Every little accomplishments ONLF gains you have the aforementioned groups trying to sabotage it.

Second a resistance whether fruitful or fruitless is a resistance and any form of resistance whether fruitful or fruitless is better than total submission. ONLF chose to stand up and fight when every one else chose the easy route which was not to fight. The question I have for you why don't you highlight how Ethiopia call the shots in Somalia? How they tell every mamulkusheeg president what to do and how to do it? Why don't you mentione how the president of the entire Somalia is summoned to adis ababa at will where he is told to implement whatever that Ethiopia wants? ONLF chose to fight when the rest of the Somalis have given up and bent over for Ethiopia to exploit, steal, rape, loot, rule, and literally conquer Somali and Somalis everywhere.

We have uncle toms like rooble who will bootyclap for Ethiopia as if its his country but will not miss an opportunity to demean and insult his follow Somalis in Somalia. It is certainly better to be an ONLF and never gain inch of a land and fight rather to be an asslicking Ethiopian stooge who submits to a long life of servitude like the above guy and yourself.

gacankudhiigle

Postby gacankudhiigle » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 am

sxb I get what you're saying but that pertains to what's happening today. why didn't only take advantage of the collapse of the serf regime the way the Eritreans and the Tigray did? that was the best opportunity for onlf to free themselves from the clutches of the amxaro. why didn't they then? there was no puntland, jubbaland, or liyu police back then.

BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlueBlood » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:12 am

ONLF were not armed during the regime fall.

TPLF know that ONLF are not useless but are willing to negotiate with them. we no longer have ethiopian army base in our region only dabadhilf caadaqatayaal ah baa isku soo haray insha allah we will clean up those dirts too

gacankudhiigle

Postby gacankudhiigle » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:25 am

ONLF were not armed during the regime fall.

TPLF know that ONLF are not useless but are willing to negotiate with them. we no longer have ethiopian army base in our region only dabadhilf caadaqatayaal ah baa isku soo haray insha allah we will clean up those dirts too
why not sxb :ohhh:

Arcturus

Postby Arcturus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:58 am

Keyword "Brand trust"

Ogadeen Liberation Front?

Substitute with Somali Liberation Front? Somalis will forever feel excluded from investment in another clan's political objectives real or imagined. Reality is even if ONLF were successful non vested Somalis forever remain their greatest detractors.

It is the common denominator in all Somali political doctrine: Sentiments supersede Substance!

How successful would Hamas be if they were called "Shia Expansion Brigade"?

Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-ʾIslāmiyyah [Islamic Resistance Movement]. There was a reason Islamic Courts Union was successful and why ONLF will remain a failure.

Ethiopia's Muslim Majority may some day workout an effective functional formula with international appeal and support from all the clans that are gate keepers of the Horn trade.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:22 am

I think I mentioned this several times. Few years ago, an ethnic Amharayan professor of mine told that the reason Hargaisa and Garoowe are enjoying stability and peace is because of ONLF. Iidoors are enjoying peace in Hargaisa from Ethiopian occupation because of ONLF. You have to appreciate that. And by the way, if it weren't ONLF, the Kilil 6 headquarters would have been either Hargaisa or Garoowe.

I just wish my people who still support ONLF in great numbers would realize that their struggle's sweat and blood is enjoyed in Hargaisa and Garoowe; and not in JigJiga and Godey. The on-going peace negotiations in Nairobi now between ONLF and Ethiopia will address that issue :stylin: :stylin: :stylin:
And Amxara loving iidoor's topics will be different.

MarsinQorahay
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MarsinQorahay » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 am

nin reer xamar ama idoor baa iska leh ''ONLF is useless'' qosolka ayaa iga dhamaada.

war soomali oo dhan ba useless ah, somaalia oo ahaa dalkii xorka ahaa ayaa maanta sankadhuudhi ka amra baan ilahay baan kugu dhariyey ee gardaradaas bal fiiri.

Something bigger than ONLF is coming soon, Ethiopia with TPLF won't last forever and there is a reason for why Meles divided Ethiopia with federalism, indeed he was clever man.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:42 am

ONLF chose to fight when the rest of the Somalis have given up and bent over for Ethiopia to exploit, steal, rape, loot, rule, and literally conquer Somali and Somalis everywhere.
Well said Meta. :up:

Imagine other Somalis allowing arms to flow to ONLF, the Ogaden region would have been freed by now. ONLF is facing an obstacle that other movements such as EPLF and TPLF never face, as they don't have state sponsorship. Both TPLF and EPLF enjoyed their sanctuaries in Sudan and support provided by many nations, including Somalia, which was directly flowing to these rebel groups. ONLF does not have that luxury as no outside powers are supporting them and they don't have sanctuaries in neighboring Somalia where as Meta has shown, everyone is betraying them.

Additionally, the noble struggle of ONLF has proven Absame to be the only relevant clan in Somali region of Ogaden 8-) :up:

I think OP is just a kid who did not look into the overwhelming odds placed on ONLF. Basics kiddo, basics!

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:54 am

I think I mentioned this several times. Few years ago, an ethnic Amharayan professor of mine told that the reason Hargaisa and Garoowe are enjoying stability and peace is because of ONLF. Iidoors are enjoying peace in Hargaisa from Ethiopian occupation because of ONLF. You have to appreciate that. And by the way, if it weren't ONLF, the Kilil 6 headquarters would have been either Hargaisa or Garoowe.

I just wish my people who still support ONLF in great numbers would realize that their struggle's sweat and blood is enjoyed in Hargaisa and Garoowe; and not in JigJiga and Godey. The on-going peace negotiations in Nairobi now between ONLF and Ethiopia will address that issue :stylin: :stylin: :stylin:
Hey Guhad, salaam to you inaadeer. Are the peace negotiations on-going now in Nairobi?

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:01 am

ONLF is the reason why the Ethiopian army no longer venture into the k5. The only thing hindering ONLF from achieving its goals are other Somalis not the axmar you speak of. All over Somali today the ONLF card is overused and abused as a way to gain favors from the starving nation you mentioned. Puntland, Somaliland, liyuu police and ahlu sunah have all used the ONLF card to lie in bed with Ethiopia and they work for Ethiopia and do Ethiopia's bidding. So no ONLF is not only engaged with Ethiopia and its army..it is also at war with the groups I have mentioned who would sell their wives and daughters if Ethiopia commands. Every little accomplishments ONLF gains you have the aforementioned groups trying to sabotage it.

Second a resistance whether fruitful or fruitless is a resistance and any form of resistance whether fruitful or fruitless is better than total submission. ONLF chose to stand up and fight when every one else chose the easy route which was not to fight. The question I have for you why don't you highlight how Ethiopia call the shots in Somalia? How they tell every mamulkusheeg president what to do and how to do it? Why don't you mentione how the president of the entire Somalia is summoned to adis ababa at will where he is told to implement whatever that Ethiopia wants? ONLF chose to fight when the rest of the Somalis have given up and bent over for Ethiopia to exploit, steal, rape, loot, rule, and literally conquer Somali and Somalis everywhere.

We have uncle toms like rooble who will bootyclap for Ethiopia as if its his country but will not miss an opportunity to demean and insult his follow Somalis in Somalia. It is certainly better to be an ONLF and never gain inch of a land and fight rather to be an asslicking Ethiopian stooge who submits to a long life of servitude like the above guy and yourself.
99% agree.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:24 am

The xabashi professor was not a saint. Dont tell us wuxu kugu yidhi. Just express your own opinion. I dont beleive Somaliland and puntland are stable because of ONLF struggle against Ethiopia. As a lander i speak for my country and we suffered a lot to reach where we are today. We fighted against big army (somalia) then between ourselves and we are still involved low end conflicts against Some of our people in Sool and buhotle. Ethiopia has its own problems they cant do a shit against us militarly so i dont understand how you beleive that xabashis could have invaded Somaliland creating their own kilil 6 loool. Its not even possible according to the international law. Why they cant do in bay or beledweyne today ? Lool waar dee cilmiga halaguu dhigee caqliga kaasho baa la yidhi. :lol:

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:51 am

Looooooool sheeko dirgaax!

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:55 am

I applaud the ONLF for fighting the Ethiopians, indeed they are the only Somali rebel group (exclude Al-Shabaab which is a terrorist organisation) that are directly fighting our arch enemies- the Ethiopians.

Nevertheless, why do they insist on calling the whole of Galbeed , the Ogaden clan might have a slight majority in terms of population and some regions might be dominated by them, but the reality is there is not a single Somali clan that doesn't settle in Galbeed.

For example most of the Ciidagales tribal territory is in Galbeed and not in Somaliland, the same goes for the Ciise who totally dominate Shinile.

There is also a huge misconception that I need to address, Somalis do support the ONLF. It is only our dabaqoodhi politicians (yes, including Somaliland who insist in calling our enemies 'walaaleheena itoobiya' at every press conference) that let the ONLF down. The ONLF is paranoid and believes everyone except for Tolka is against them. They need to calm down.

Remember in 2009, when the Ethiopians were being obliterated inside Galbeed by the ONLF and they (the Xabashis) took their anger out on innocent civilians in and around the regions of Awaare and Dhagaxbuur, guess where the civilians fled to and where they were welcomed?, clothed and welcomed- Hargeisa.

Within the Ogaden clan there is a huge rift, half of it supports Ina Iley and the other half support the ONLF. This divide needs to be fixed and then the ONLF should change its name, tactics and their overall strategy to give the Ethiopians a real thumping.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.