Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Conspiracy theory time: Is the Somali government a puppet government planted by the west?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
TheCadaanGuy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Conspiracy theory time: Is the Somali government a puppet government planted by the west?

Postby TheCadaanGuy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:49 pm

I believe I discussed about this few times a while back although not in full detail.

I think this topic deserves a thread dedicated to it and it be brought up now and again.

Few days ago I was reading a thread somewhere discussing about Africa in regards to immigration to the UK. One of the users commentated that it was none of the UK fault.

Other user replied stating that in fact the blame belongs to the UK government (and respective governments in the west) as the control being exerted into Africa is not through colonialism any more but through debt.

Few days to a month ago, news were everywhere stating that Somalia has over 5bn debt and all the president had to say was ask for forgiveness on their debt.

For this, we must ask one question:

Why did Somalia accept the debt?

The debt came from Barre. Somalia was not like it was back then. There's many more reasons but the point is we have valid reasons to reject the debt. There have been few cases similar to this happening successfully in other countries.

Plus, rejecting the debt would not change anything assuming that the outsiders does not get angry. Sure it means Somalia can't get more loans and it also means Somalia can't access to some financial markets.

But will this change anything? For over 20 years, Somalia has not got money from outsiders. It can manage itself just fine without that haram money.

About a decade ago, Somalia was nearly stabilised. It nearly got what it waited for ages - peace.

Yet, Ethiopians invaded. Why? There were some cables stating that it was supposed to be the US who is doing the invasion but they did not want to because of negative publicity.

To salt the wounds, ICU posed no threat to Ethiopia (apart from some threats), to its own citizen, etc. While I do believe that their view of Islam is misguided but by no means it is misguided enough to seriously harm people nor does it is serious enough harm anyone.

The west's attitude to other regions of Somalia was solely lacking. If they truly wanted a peace for Somalia, they could have supported any of other regions free of the terrorist group until peace is attained. Only the support given to other regions was aid money.

I could go on but that's enough for now.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Conspiracy theory time: Is the Somali government a puppet government planted by the west?

Postby GAMES » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:35 pm

Somalia has absolutely nothing to offer to the west, and i really doubt they would waste any resources or their precious time installing puppet governments.

Prlnce
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Conspiracy theory time: Is the Somali government a puppet government planted by the west?

Postby Prlnce » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:30 am

The Ramblings of a Madman...
The debt came from Barre. Somalia was not like it was back then. There's many more reasons but the point is we have valid reasons to reject the debt. There have been few cases similar to this happening successfully in other countries.
It doesn't matter if the debt came from Barre. Somalia is still the same entity. If it was that simple to reject the debt Obama would of told China to get lost since the 1.3 trillion dollar debt happened under Bush.

Other countries didn't reject debt they went under debt restructuring after they met certain criteria.
For over 20 years, Somalia has not got money from outsiders. It can manage itself just fine without that haram money.
Yeah they managed just fine.... with all the deteriorating infrastructure including, roads, airports, seaports, urban services and settlement that has seen little improvement for past 20 years.
we have valid reasons to reject the debt
What is this WE ... I was under the impression that you are not even Somali.

TheCadaanGuy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby TheCadaanGuy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Somalia has absolutely nothing to offer to the west, and i really doubt they would waste any resources or their precious time installing puppet governments.
Raw materials is the main one. Everyone knows that Somalia has plenty of raw resources, just that it hasn't been explored in depth. It is cheaper to pay $10m to MPs in bribes to vote for you than pay $100m in royalties, taxes, etc.

Loyalty is another example. Don't like what other countries is doing? Influence them through your own ally. Geopolitical influence is powerful tool to have.

Why do you think the soviets and yanks got involved in the Ogaden war?
The Ramblings of a Madman...
It doesn't matter if the debt came from Barre. Somalia is still the same entity. If it was that simple to reject the debt Obama would of told China to get lost since the 1.3 trillion dollar debt happened under Bush.

Other countries didn't reject debt they went under debt restructuring after they met certain criteria.
For over 20 years, Somalia has not got money from outsiders. It can manage itself just fine without that haram money.
Yeah they managed just fine.... with all the deteriorating infrastructure including, roads, airports, seaports, urban services and settlement that has seen little improvement for past 20 years.
we have valid reasons to reject the debt
What is this WE ... I was under the impression that you are not even Somali.
The fact is that it has happened before. The term you're looking for is odious debt. Here's a report on this topic by UN:

http://unctad.org/en/docs/osgdp20074_en.pdf

All those deteriorating infrastructure was because there was no effective government control.

I said 'we' because I am Somali.

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:32 pm

AMISOM which protects the somali government is financed through the UN.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:32 am

Wiiq waaq. Don't quit your day job.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.