Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

District based representation

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

District based representation

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:32 pm

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Re: District based representation

Postby theyuusuf143 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:49 pm

if banadir districts are countable other city districts are countable as well. for example. garsoor siinay and badhaxley of galkacyo.

I don't think there is any other fair system except the 4.5 . the only badside of the 4.5 is many of Somalia MPs hail from other countries other than Somalia or the Former Somali republic. in my opinion the federal government should exclude MPs from kilil 5 Djibouti and Kenya which will boost the number of seats of the real Somalians. in the near future Northern Unionists should be excluded as well if they fail to bring hargeisa under the federal system. wa billahi tawfiiq.

BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlueBlood » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:11 pm

if banadir districts are countable other city districts are countable as well. for example. garsoor siinay and badhaxley of galkacyo.

I don't think there is any other fair system except the 4.5 . the only badside of the 4.5 is many of Somalia MPs hail from other countries other than Somalia or the Former Somali republic. in my opinion the federal government should exclude MPs from kilil 5 Djibouti and Kenya which will boost the number of seats of the real Somalians. in the near future Northern Unionists should be excluded as well if they fail to bring hargeisa under the federal system. wa billahi tawfiiq.
which mps are from kenya?

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Damn mogadishu is hawiye town now that's some funny iish, no more diversity :lol:
Last edited by JSL3000 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinshor

Postby vinshor » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:24 pm

According to Somali constitution only districts that were districts pre 91 are counted as districts plus there is no district inside Galkaciyo.Unless we change the
constitution lol.We Abgaal got nothing to loose we are in a win win situation.

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Somali is a Somali, no matter where he hails from. No Somali is Kenyan or Ethiopian. :lost:

Anyways, Hodan & Howlwadaag were districts according to pre-1991 government, Baraxley & Suusacley were not. 8-)

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Ninyahow banaadir is a Gobol with 2,5 million population. Of course it should be countable.

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Harti 53

No seat for Shiikhaal in Badhadhe or Jariban, they forgot Bandar Beyla district.

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Harti 53

No seat for Shiikhaal in Badhadhe or Jariban, they forgot Bandar Beyla district.
Waryaa forget the harti umbrella. Imisa MJ leedahay?

BlackRain
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlackRain » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Majerten getting 22 and abgaal almost getting double? I want some of what you smoking.

GIJaamac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GIJaamac » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Abgaal should not get seats from Waaberi, heliwaa and Wardhiigley. So 47 seats is invalid number.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Somali is a Somali, no matter where he hails from. No Somali is Kenyan or Ethiopian. :lost:

Anyways, Hodan & Howlwadaag were districts according to pre-1991 government, Baraxley & Suusacley were not. 8-)

walaal there is no Somaliweyn Republic that represents all Somalis. let's be realistic even the The historic Somali republic (somalia+Somaliland) does not exist technically . Xamar can not afford to host all Somalis. Back to the topic not all Somalis recognize Mohammed siyad regions and districts. for example buale is a village and its the capital city of jubbada dhexe. that place does not even worth district let alone regional capital.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Liisaskaan la la ordaayo waxba kama jiraan qof caamo ah lee rumeesta

Lol @ murusade having better seats than regional clans... wax ciyaala qabiil qoreen...waxaa qoray mid odawaa is ka dhiga (fake account)

Banadir case will be the last and its up to a national agreement (UN)

Some have 4.5 agenda (its seats being divided equally between the clans)

Biggest chance that banadir can have is to hold mayoral elections and then who wins in every district can represent it....in this way non natives wont get votes

Banadir can vote in the presidential elections but it cant be part of the upper house that will represent the federal regions

Let baydhabo take the capital if you want banadir as qabiil districts lol
Last edited by sahal80 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlackRain » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:27 pm

Moqdisho got 45 xildhibaan while bossaso got 3 xlidhibaan. LMAO Moqdisho isn't 15 times bigger than Bossaso. What a joke this is. Bossaso got 16 districs btw.

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:32 pm

walaal there is no Somaliweyn Republic that represents all Somalis. let's be realistic even the The historic Somali republic (somalia+Somaliland) does not exist technically . Xamar can not afford to host all Somalis. Back to the topic not all Somalis recognize Mohammed siyad regions and districts. for example buale is a village and its the capital city of jubbada dhexe. that place does not even worth district let alone regional capital.
They proposed the Afweyne's version of districts.

Anyways, whether Somalia can host all Somalis or not, I can't call my people "Kenyans" or "Ethiopians". Disgusting!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.