Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News: Defence Minister killed in Mogadishu blast

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
knet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Breaking News: Defence Minister killed in Mogadishu blast

Postby knet » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

Somalia ex-Defence Minister killed in Mogadishu blast

Minister Mohiyadin Mohamed Haji has been confirmed dead in a blast inside his car near Mogadishu’s KM4 junction on Monday, Garowe Online reports.

Witnesses and police say, the bomb would have been attached beneath his seat as has been the case in Mogadishu over the last few years.

Haji served in the government of interim Prime Minister Nur Hassan Hussein. He has also been working with Kulan Political Association according to colleagues.

Another occupant with him in the car has sustained injuries from the explosion.

Mogadishu has become a spot for targeted killings, mostly carried out with bombs fitted into cars of high ranking government officials and politicians.

Mogadishu-based federal government is propped up by over 22,000-strong peacekeepers in its fight against militants in central and southern Somalia.

GAROWEONLINE

http://www.garoweonline.com/en/news/som ... ishu-blast

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Re: Breaking News: Defence Minister killed in Mogadishu blast

Postby Tanker » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:11 am

Oh My God ! this f-king useless government ! did Amisom not protect the minister ?

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 am

Tanker they kilt your uncle do something about it.

knet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby knet » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:24 am

Just shows you how unsafe Mogadishu is, when Minister are not safe no one is.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Postby Tanker » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:25 am

Is this news being reported by others ? do we know if it is true

knet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby knet » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:33 am

Is this news being reported by others ? do we know if it is true
It's true alright, all the Somali sites are reporting it. Plus International news links

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2016/Feb/1 ... osion.aspx

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wor ... 17514.html

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Tanker » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:35 am

AUN the irony of the defence minister being killed due to lack of security! I mean the same man who had to beat the terrorists!

Strategic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Strategic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 am

this guy was EX-MINISTER,i dont know what he was thinking,they placed bomb on his car what was he thinking,his own body guards killed him.

smooth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby smooth » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:46 am

It was funded by dhiigshiil, these rats have manifested themselves everywhere, we need to follow Puntland and boot dhiighsiil out of Koonfur

cheifaqilbari
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby cheifaqilbari » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:59 am

It was funded by dhiigshiil, these rats have manifested themselves everywhere, we need to follow Puntland and boot dhiighsiil out of Koonfur
You don't have the intelligence to live in peace you are a Habar gidir ex slave of the somali people. The only thing you can do is beg and dance native dance. You can cry all day but both the west and we from Somaliland know that you people are Hawiye people are playing both sides one day you play the government the next Alshabab .all that xaraam you eat will destroy you . All you lying will destroy you. All the theft will destroy you. Nacda allah kugu dhcadey.
Last edited by cheifaqilbari on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamal9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jamal9 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:11 am

how come only non-hutu govt officials are always targeted and killed in xamar?

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Surprise he is another non hawiye politician killed in hutudisho AUN. Non hawiye need to understand Mogadishu isn't theirs and leave asap. I hope hawiye keep targeting isaaq businesses like Daallo airline and those hotels, that will force idoor to get out. Hawiye must be confined to Mogadishu and the xaafad in Galkacyo, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere else

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:31 pm

I gave up on this place. I was gonna go there, but nolasheyda ma nicin.

Strategic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Strategic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Surprise he is another non hawiye politician killed in hutudisho AUN. Non hawiye need to understand Mogadishu isn't theirs and leave asap. I hope hawiye keep targeting isaaq businesses like Daallo airline and those hotels, that will force idoor to get out. Hawiye must be confined to Mogadishu and the xaafad in Galkacyo, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere else
if isaaq bussinessmen/individuals are found to be associating with ISIS,Alshabab then they will definitely face the music,if they innocent nobody can touch them,we live all the way to KENYA.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:46 pm

if isaaq bussinessmen/individuals are found to be associating with ISIS,Alshabab then they will definitely face the music,if they innocent nobody can touch them,we live all the way to KENYA.
Absolutely, but it is hawiye who are unfortunately supporting al kabaab. Al shabab was made by former members of Islamic courts union which was q hawiye organization. So you can't tell us differently. Al barakat was accused of sponsoring terrorist and now hormud is being accused of doing so. Non hawiye businessmen and politicians are being targeted in mogadishu
Last edited by mahoka on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.