Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dr Mohamed Adan Sheikh; First Somali surgeon and first Somali head of a Hospital post-colonialism

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Dr Mohamed Adan Sheikh; First Somali surgeon and first Somali head of a Hospital post-colonialism

Postby Nubis » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Aun.

Alphamale1
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Dr Mohamed Adan Sheikh; First Somali surgeon and first Somali head of a Hospital post-colonialism

Postby Alphamale1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:28 pm

The entire purpose of this post
. He was Darod/Marehan/Celi.

AUN to the the doc. He seems like he did well for himself. But the author OP claims that money built with hospital is Dr's is false.

The money was raise via fund raiser from various groups and sources l
. After Sheikh's death in 2010, his wife Felicita Torrielli and his friends from Turin raised funds to establish the hospital, and construction started in September 2011. Their efforts were supported by companies and agencies

Alphamale1
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Alphamale1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Mareexan wax ka Lita ma.jiiran always building other pppls home's. Maxa hargaysa uga fuuray ppl openly calling him faqash.

He didn't build in kismayo, bossaso،bardheere goldogob, badhan, lascanood,..

Aun but waa dadka shisheeyaha iska gada
100% co-sign

Charity starts at home.
this !!

I can see why he build the hospital in Hargaisa doe, more people live there, more xasana/ajar for every visit. Besides I don't get why SL in this thread are on the offensive, since when did Somalis develop this toxic mentality of total war. :?
Since your uncle fcked up the country. You should expect perpetual enteral war both in real life and in virtual

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:49 pm

The entire purpose of this post
. He was Darod/Marehan/Celi.

AUN to the the doc. He seems like he did well for himself. But the author OP claims that money built with hospital is Dr's is false.

. After Sheikh's death in 2010, his wife Felicita Torrielli and his friends from Turin raised funds to establish the hospital, and construction started in September 2011. Their efforts were supported by companies and agencies
:russ: :deadrose:

There you go, another attempt by the Bon backfires beautifully :lol:

Literally every single thread opened by this Bon to xayasiis his people ends tragically for him.

So far we have these claims:

- Bon Marehan are Somali
Turns out they are originally hunter gatherers, known as Boon. They were shunned by Somalis because they eat dead meat, and Western academics likened them to the Midgans of SL.

- Bon Marehan have a history of war
Turns out they were reluctant to join the army of Imam Ahmad, their leader, whose name was Xiraabu Gutia Tidorous, fearing for his life, was chased by the Imam and actually fled to Hawiye country! The Imam cursed him.

- Xiraabu Gutia Tiodorous is a Somali name
The Bon who started this thread actually made this claim :lol:

- That some Bon "invented" the Somali script
It was actually the work of many scholars, but the most prominent Somali scholar was Muse X. I. Galaal, an Isaaq man of Duriyada.

- That some Bon was "the first pilot" or something.
Turns out it was a Hawiye man, their claim has not a single source backing it.

And now we have this thread, I am sure I have missed a few as well :D

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:09 pm

^^^Angry irrelevant laangaab peasant stay mad lol
Always posting the same lame made up stuff.
Pathetic thing, the guy you desperately want to see your posts put your irrelevant ass on ignore list..he can't see your post..save your energy.

Bye hater.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:59 pm

That's exactly what I was saying and I didn't even have to do any research.

Faqash always lie.

I am sure he was chemical Mohamed.

TheNewElectedWarLord
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby TheNewElectedWarLord » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Here we go again, another Boon Marehan thread :) :up:
it's never ending :lol:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:12 pm

But the author OP claims that money built with hospital is Dr's is false.

According to the Somaliland Minister of Health;
and a delegation from Onlus Somalia Association, a non-profit organisation Sheikh founded in Turin, Italy, in 2002.

A lifelong dream

"Before his death, [Sheikh] had long hoped to build a hospital in Mogadishu, but since the conflict did not recede there, he opted to implement it in Hargeisa," Mohamed said at the opening ceremony. "Even though he died, his idea survived and will endure."
His money was a typo. Rather his vision, organization, and NGO built it.

His wife and the Somaliland Vice President laying down the stone;

Generally, this commemoration of him is beyond one single thing. According to the BBC article, he was the first Somali surgeon and we have seen that from the writings and remembrance of others including his significant achievements for the Somali people.

According to Ambassador Ahmed Abdi Hasharo (Dhulbahante), former Somali Ambassador to the UN and Chief Advisor to President Hassan Sheikh, among Dr Mohamed Adan Sheikh's achievements was;

-Coming up with, designing, building, and inaugurating the Somali National University so Somalis can have strong higher education at in the country
-Was the force behind the Revolution to immediately reconvene the Language commissions to choose a script for Somali
-The first Somali dictionary
-Coming up with the Somali Academy of Science and Culture
-The first Somali Studies Conference
-The first Pan-African Film Festival held in Mogadishu

etc etc etc
IN MEMORIAM OF DR MOHAMED ADEN

While in Government in the early 1970s, his achievements were stellar. As Minister of Higher Education and Culture, the late Dr. Mohamed Aden Sheikh played a pivotal role in the selection of the current script for the Somali language.

He established the Academy of Somali Studies which brought together and for the first time Somali poets, plight rights, historians, academicians and other others.

The first ever Somali- Somali dictionary and the collections of poetry of famous poets were published under his auspices. He laid down the plans for reorganizing the National Museum and creation of a National Library.

He sponsored the first Somali Studies Meeting on Somali soil as well the first Pan African Film Festival.

And equally important, He fought very hard against vested interests to establish a truly Somali National University which flourished later as a credible institution.

It was my pleasure and duty to work with Dr. Mohamed Aden Sheikh during those years.

Dr. Mohamed is not only a loss to his immediate family and friends. The Somali nation lost one of its best sons, a visionary, true patriot and a humble decent human being. For me, his loss is greater as he was my friend, confidant and role model.

http://somalitalk.com/2010/10/03/in-mem ... amed-aden/

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Even Togane, the old tribal poet gave odes to him in one of is tribal poems
this is the Klan

whose best

whose brightest

Mahammad Sheikh Adan

once bragged

for the first decade

I & my Marehan Klan will rule Somalia

by might

by main

for the second decade

by looting the patrimony of the Somali race

to buy up the loyalty of key clannish cowards

for the third decade

by inaugurating

by ushering in

the Somali Renaissance

the Somali Enlightenment

the Somali Millennium

Salah Al-Din
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Faith - Islam ; Ethnicity - Somali; Nationality - Somalilander ; Outlook - Optimistic Alhamdulilah

Postby Salah Al-Din » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Generally, this commemoration of him is beyond one single thing. According to the BBC article, he was and we the first Somali surgeon and we have seen that from the writings and remembrance of others including his significant achievements for the Somali people.

According to Ambassador Ahmed Abdi Hasharo (Dhulbahante), former Somali Ambassador to the UN and Chief Advisor to President Hassan Sheikh, among Dr Mohamed Adan Sheikh's achievements was;

-Coming up with, designing, building, and inaugurating the Somali National University so Somalis can have strong higher education at in the country
-Was the force behind the Revolution to immediately reconvene the Language commissions to choose a script for Somali

etc etc etc
On both accounts the facts are totally the opposite. The first Somali Surgeon is Dr Ali Sh. Ibrahim also known as Dr Ali Qadi. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh and became the head of Hargeisa Group Hospital in June 1960. He talks about his life on the show "Xasuus Reeb" on Horn Cable TV:

The one person that can be said to be the founder of Somali Studies although many scholars participated is Professor Hussein M. Adam "Tanzania". You can view the video that celebrates his life:

I rather enjoyed the first minute of the video where Professor Said Samatar canonizes the phrase "being an Afweyne" as being a dictatorial, brutal and shameless. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Both of those men are commendable. I am especially a fan of Professor Hussein Tanzania a man I have the utmost respect for.

With respect to Dr Mohamed Sheikh Adan, he was practicing surgery in Italy before he moved to Somalia. It is important to note I didn't say he was the first Somali SURGEON. The BBC said it. Maybe there were doctors before him with credentials, but the BBC says he was the first SURGEON.

As for Professor Tanzania, he was a student when Dr Mohamed Adan Sheikh set up the Somali Academy of Sciences and Culture, set up the Somali National University, designed the Somali National Library, and organized the first Somali Studies Program in Somalia which hired Dr Tanzania after he graduated from Harvard.

It is important to point out none of that is what I said. It is third party sources like the BBC, Dr Mohamed Haji Ingiriis, and Ambassador Ahmed Hashi Hasharo who credited him.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Generally, this commemoration of him is beyond one single thing. According to the BBC article, he was and we the first Somali surgeon and we have seen that from the writings and remembrance of others including his significant achievements for the Somali people.

etc etc etc
On both accounts the facts are totally the opposite. The first Somali Surgeon is Dr Ali Sh. Ibrahim also known as Dr Ali Qadi. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh and became the head of Hargeisa Group Hospital in June 1960. He talks about his life on the show "Xasuus Reeb" on Horn Cable TV:

The one person that can be said to be the founder of Somali Studies although many scholars participated is Professor Hussein M. Adam "Tanzania". You can view the video that celebrates his life:

I rather enjoyed the first minute of the video where Professor Said Samatar canonizes the phrase "being an Afweyne" as being a dictatorial, brutal and shameless. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Am i reading correctly? Is Voltage's bold claim got debunked?

TheNewElectedWarLord
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby TheNewElectedWarLord » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Both of those men are commendable. I am especially a fan of Professor Hussein Tanzania a man I have the utmost respect for.

With respect to Dr Mohamed Sheikh Adan, he was practicing surgery in Italy before he moved to Somalia. It is important to note I didn't say he was the first Somali SURGEON. The BBC said it. Maybe there were doctors before him with credentials, but the BBC says he was the first SURGEON.

As for Professor Tanzania, he was a student when Dr Mohamed Adan Sheikh set up the Somali Academy of Sciences and Culture, set up the Somali National University, designed the Somali National Library, and organized the first Somali Studies Program in Somalia which hired Dr Tanzania after he graduated from Harvard.

It is important to point out none of that is what I said. It is third party sources like the BBC, Dr Mohamed Haji Ingiriis, and Ambassador Ahmed Hashi Hasharo who credited him.
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you got caught waryaaa :russ: :ufdup:

SuldaanMaplesyrup
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SuldaanMaplesyrup » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:45 pm

:dead:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:43 am

etc etc etc

Damnnnnn

:meles: :snoop:

Kacaan lies always get busted.

Btw Dr Mohamed was a pediatrician not even a surgeon. He dealt with children health and explains why his wife opened a children's hospital.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.