Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peace Loving Oromos?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Re: Peace Loving Oromos?

Postby Jabuutawi » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Poor Garre, they are a pawn in a realpolitik chess game. War Soomaliya u so gurmada dadkan lagu xasuuqiyo dhulkooda.

This is the Oromo who incites violence on Somalis from the comfort of his house in Minnesota. Here he is also claiming Dir Dhabe. These fuckers, regardless of what Wacci the beggar says, won't be content till they reach the Indian Ocean.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:32 pm

The garre migrated to oromo land. What gives them the right to take oromo land?
Allying with the tplf against us was a bad idea, because the tplf will run to tigray while you will always live near and with the oromo. We forgive them if they stop their aggression against the borana. They should stop their delusional dreams of taking oromo land and make peace with the borana.

As far as dire dawa goes, it's always been disputed, so that's a never ending debate, but jawar is not claiming Somalia or Somali ports, don't exaggerate bro. We can use Eritrea If you guys don't wanna do business and make millions or billions. But we do not claim anyone's sea coast.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Somali's in Minnesota should pay this piece of shit a quiet visit. :)

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:07 am

The garre migrated to oromo land. What gives them the right to take oromo land?
Allying with the tplf against us was a bad idea, because the tplf will run to tigray while you will always live near and with the oromo. We forgive them if they stop their aggression against the borana. They should stop their delusional dreams of taking oromo land and make peace with the borana.

As far as dire dawa goes, it's always been disputed, so that's a never ending debate, but jawar is not claiming Somalia or Somali ports, don't exaggerate bro. We can use Eritrea If you guys don't wanna do business and make millions or billions. But we do not claim anyone's sea coast.
Dire Sawa has never been disputed you bloody land grabbers want to claim a land that you were brought over by Haile Selasie.

You are a fanatic and a dangerous one.

Lemma

Postby Lemma » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:13 am

Somali's in Minnesota should pay this piece of shit a quiet visit. :)
The next headline reads "Somali terrorist shot by Minneapolis officer." Don't waste your time you filthy terrorists, Oromos don't fear Somali. We know the secret of Somalis, you're nothing but cowards who can start wars but can't finish them. Remember this my friends that we Ethiopians always finish the war. Somalis started 1991 civil war and they couldn't end it and before that Somalis started 1977 war and they couldn't end it. Today the Somali expansionists started war against peaceful Oromo people and believe me Oromo will finish it. Oromo always be victorious at the end. The Somali warmongers only know how to bark and start wars but we finish them . :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jawar Mohammed can't be touched and if you try it then it will be all out civil war in Minneapolis. Oromo eliminate you from the city council so, let's all remember majority of Oromos vote for Somali candidates. Every Oromo person must start voting for Republican candidates and make sure Somalis lose..... :mrgreen:

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:52 am

Poor Garre, they are a pawn in a realpolitik chess game. War Soomaliya u so gurmada dadkan lagu xasuuqiyo dhulkooda.

:whoa:

Walal, do you even watch the clips before commenting? :lol:

The women in that video are Geri Daroods, not Garre. They are the ones that have been at war with the Jarso Oromo-Somali confederation; both Dir and Darood are found among the Jarso. That particular conflict is confusing as these two clans gone to war in the past so it is not a clear cut case of 'Oromo' fighting 'Somalis' otherwise the Jarso would also be waging war on other Somali clans they neighbour.

Even in the case of Babille, it is not that Black and White because the Hawiye in the area are predominately Oromised so the conflict might not necessarily be case of 'Somali' v 'Oromo'. It might even be an Intra-Hawiye clash or Oromo Hawiyes allied with the K4 admin against Somalis as they traditionally had a bad relationship with the Ogaden bordering them.

Moyale is Black and White. The Borans want to have control of Moyale Town and evict the Garre from the surrounding countryside. Borans are being supported by other Oromo militia but the Garre are standing strong and retain control of the Moyale area. Unlike the Jarso and the partially Somali Afran Qallo, part of the Ethiopian Borans are Bloody Pagans; they collect scalps by cutting off the testicles of slain men.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:56 am

:) Too many G's - Garre, Geeri, Gugunduble, Gariri

This is weird, Jarso Somalis are being hacked to death by Jarso Oromos? I think Jarso should make up their minds. I watched a video of their sultan saying they are Oromos.

Gari Darod fighting Jarso Darod? The portion that is non-Oromos, Somalis, should split up from the rest and join Sitti if they don't want to be part of Fafan.

Same thing with Garre?

Dire Dhabe was never in conflict until Mengistu came along and confiscated 30,000 homes inhabited by Somalis after the '77-'78 war. Over 100,000 Somalis lost their properties only to be replaced by Oromos. I even documented this atrocity in one of my previous threads. There is never a doubt who owns DD. Oromos are squatters (what else is new) like they are elsewhere in the Somali peninsula The first word of the name of the city, Dir, should clearly tell you about the rightful owners of the second largest city in Ethiopia. The whole premise of your argument is based on there are names in DD with Oromo origins. Well, Lake Victoria is named after Queen Victoria, and last time I checked it was not located in England, nor owned by the English, but Bugandese, Luos and others in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:19 am

This is weird, Jarso Somalis are being hacked to death by Jarso Oromos? I think Jarso should make up their minds. I watched a video of their sultan saying they are Oromos.

Gari Darod fighting Jarso Darod? The portion that is non-Oromos, Somalis, should split up from the rest and join Sitti if they don't want to be part of Fafan.

Same thing with Garre?

Dire Dhabe was never in conflict until Mengistu came along and confiscated 30,000 homes inhabited by Somalis after the '77-'78 war. Over 100,000 Somalis lost their properties only to be replaced by Oromos. I even documented this atrocity in one of my previous threads. There is never a doubt who owns DD. Oromos are squatters (what else is new) like they are elsewhere in the Somali peninsula The first word of the name of the city, Dir, should clearly tell you about the rightful owners of the second largest city in Ethiopia. The whole premise of your argument is based on there are names in DD with Oromo origins. Well, Lake Victoria is named after Queen Victoria, and last time I checked it was not located in England, nor owned by the English, but Bugandese, Luos and others in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
:mindblown:

Warya, the Jarso are the ones who are a confederation composed of Oromo; Darod; and Dir. I mentioned their confederate nature to demonstrate how any conflict with the neighbouring Afran Qallos can be confusing. The Babile Oromos, for example, have a sizeable population of clans that are originally Karanle and Gugundhabe so I doubt it is simply a case of 'Oromos' attacking 'Somalis' in Babile.

The Geri Kombe are Darood Somalis, Brothers of the Puntland Harti Kombe. They have a long standing beef with the Jarso that got worse after the 2004 Referendum when most of the lands that they shared were transferred to the K4 Oromo Region because some Somali speaking Jarsos voted to join the Oromos. The Jarsos heavily outnumber and outgun the Geri Kombe. The Tuli-Guleed conflict is a continuation of the previous conflicts between the two communities.

As for Dire Dhabe, why entertain the claims of this hypocrite from Western Oromia? Nigga does not even know that Dire Dawa is surrounded on three sides by Sitti Zone whilst areas to the South of it are inhabited by a mixture of Nooles, Gurgura and some Jarso. The irony is that the a lot of the so called 'Noole Oromos' that live all the way to Harar are actually of Dir Somali origin. It is a shame that some Niggas, like Bareento, who are probably of Somali origin will not think twice about shooting you in the back and cheerleading for a Macca savage from the Bakhti lands of the West. :pacspit:

p.s It is easy to tell the difference between a Geri Somali speaker and a Garre speaking Somali; one sounds Garam Garam whilst the other speaks in a Reer Huuno dialect. The ladies in this video are clearly Reer Waqooyi speakers.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:35 am

The gallas breed fast demographics of diredawa is changing very fast I remember when I was there in the 1980 s it was 50 to 60 percentage somali now it's 30 to 35 and it's because allot of ciise have migrated to djibouti and because diredawa is not part of kilil somali region which is giving the gallas an edge. So moving back to diredawa 're investing in the land populating and evicting the gallas is the way forward

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am

Same thing with Garre?

Warya, the Jarso are the ones who are a confederation composed of Oromo; Darod; and Dir. I mentioned their confederate nature to demonstrate how any conflict with the neighbouring Afran Qallos can be confusing. The Babile Oromos, for example, have a sizeable population of clans that are originally Karanle and Gugundhabe so I doubt it is simply a case of 'Oromos' attacking 'Somalis' in Babile.

The Geri Kombe are Darood Somalis, Brothers of the Puntland Harti Kombe. They have a long standing beef with the Jarso that got worse after the 2004 Referendum when most of the lands that they shared were transferred to the K4 Oromo Region because some Somali speaking Jarsos voted to join the Oromos. The Jarsos heavily outnumber and outgun the Geri Kombe. The Tuli-Guleed conflict is a continuation of the previous conflicts between the two communities.

As for Dire Dhabe, why entertain the claims of this hypocrite from Western Oromia? Nigga does not even know that Dire Dawa is surrounded on three sides by Sitti Zone whilst areas to the South of it are inhabited by a mixture of Nooles, Gurgura and some Jarso. The irony is that the a lot of the so called 'Noole Oromos' that live all the way to Harar are actually of Dir Somali origin. It is a shame that some Niggas, like Bareento, who are probably of Somali origin will not think twice about shooting you in the back and cheerleading for a Macca savage from the Bakhti lands of the West. :pacspit:

p.s It is easy to tell the difference between a Geri Somali speaker and a Garre speaking Somali; one sounds Garam Garam whilst the other speaks in a Reer Huuno dialect. The ladies in this video are clearly Reer Waqooyi speakers.

i am not 100 percent maccaa for the record, half of my fam is from bale, which borders somalis too....
most oromo marry outside of their clan, it's a tradition/culture of ours, so my family is mixed,
i have family from bale to naqamtee, to wallaga, to jimma, to finfinne, all over...
the same way a somali
and dire dawa means place of remedy in afaan oromo and has many oromo names of areas there...
Legahare (river of donkey); Gendekore (village of wood); and Gende Gara (village of mountains)....
as far as Noole Oromoo goes? kkkk, dir origin? nah bro, they are oromo, who share a lot with their somali neighbors.
but they are of Oromoo region, they descend from Hambana, who descends from Bareentu.
Noole, Jarso, and Hume, are the largest Oromo groups in Hararghe, bro.

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:29 am

Same thing with Garre?

i am not 100 percent maccaa for the record, half of my fam is from bale, which borders somalis too....
most oromo marry outside of their clan, it's a tradition/culture of ours, so my family is mixed,
i have family from bale to naqamtee, to wallaga, to jimma, to finfinne, all over...
the same way a somali
and dire dawa means place of remedy in afaan oromo and has many oromo names of areas there...
Legahare (river of donkey); Gendekore (village of wood); and Gende Gara (village of mountains)....
as far as Noole Oromoo goes? kkkk, dir origin? nah bro, they are oromo, who share a lot with their somali neighbors.
but they are of Oromoo region, they descend from Hambana, who descends from Bareentu.
Ask Afran Qallo Noole elders to break down which of their subclans are Somali then come back to me. It is an open secret that they are a confederation. Also ask them about the Warra Bursuk and Babile Oromo. Afran Qallo as a whole is a confederation of Oromo, Somali, Harla, Agrobba etc. There is nothing like a pure Oromo clan umbrella in Hararghe.

Do you think the native inhabitants of East Hararghe disappeared after your Pagan Cousins took advantage of the devastation caused by the Muslim-Xabasha war in the 16th century? Identities changed due to language-shift and intermarriage. Same shit happened to other ethnic groups that bordered the Oromos. The Galla migrations were the worst thing to happen to Historical Harar, a lot of Islamic and Somali History was lost when your Cow Vein Sucking; Semi-Naked pagan folk rode their horses into town.

p.s Somalis view Western/Highland Oromos as Crypto-Xabashas. :pacspit:

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:43 am

the same way a somali
Ask Afran Qallo Noole elders to break down which of their subclans are Somali then come back to me. It is an open secret that they are a confederation. Also ask them about the Warra Bursuk and Babile Oromo. Afran Qallo as a whole is a confederation of Oromo, Somali, Harla, Agrobba etc. There is nothing like a pure Oromo clan umbrella in Hararghe.

Do you think the native inhabitants of East Hararghe disappeared after your Pagan Cousins took advantage of the devastation caused by the Muslim Xabasha war in the 17th century? Identities changed due to language-shift and intermarriage. Same shit happened to other ethnic groups that bordered the Oromos. The Galla migrations were the worst thing to happen to Historical Harar, a lot of Islamic and Somali History was lost when your Cow Vein Sucking; Semi-Naked pagan folk rode their horses into town.

p.s Somalis view Western/Highland Oromos as Crypto-Xabashas. No wonder Abey is the product of a mixed Muslim-Christian marriage. :pacspit:
I am not disputing the fact that the afran qallo are a confederation.
I am disputing the statement or belief, that they are somehow, originally somali.
when we can trace their lineage back to hambana, son of bareentu, through his sons anniyya and qallo.
they did indeed assimilate some somalis and others, the same way some somalis assimilated some oromos.
everyone has assimilated and also assimilated into other cultures. it's called human history/interaction, sir.
and we do not care how somalis view the western oromo/highland oromo, because nobody knows us better, than we do, obviously.
the maccaa oromo, for example, are mostly Muslim, so if u hate us, you are disobeying your own lord, by hating your own Muslim brethren.
as far as oromo migrations go, cry us all a river and swim in it bro, none of us can change what happened then, and Alhamdulilah, that was what led many oromo there being guided to Islam, and today, the vast majority, if not all, of the oromos there, are Muslim.
so once again, if u hate muslim oromos, that's between you and your lord, and he will indeed ask you about that on the day of judgement.

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:13 am

the same way a somali

Do you think the native inhabitants of East Hararghe disappeared after your Pagan Cousins took advantage of the devastation caused by the Muslim Xabasha war in the 17th century? Identities changed due to language-shift and intermarriage. Same shit happened to other ethnic groups that bordered the Oromos. The Galla migrations were the worst thing to happen to Historical Harar, a lot of Islamic and Somali History was lost when your Cow Vein Sucking; Semi-Naked pagan folk rode their horses into town.

p.s Somalis view Western/Highland Oromos as Crypto-Xabashas. No wonder Abey is the product of a mixed Muslim-Christian marriage. :pacspit:
I am disputing the statement or belief, that they are somehow, originally somali.
when we can trace their lineage back to hambana, son of bareentu, through his sons anniyya and qallo.
they did indeed assimilate some somalis and others, the same way some somalis assimilated some oromos.
everyone has assimilated and also assimilated into other cultures. it's called human history/interaction, sir.
and we do not care how somalis view the western oromo/highland oromo, because nobody knows us better, than we do, obviously.
the maccaa oromo, for example, are mostly Muslim, so if u hate us, you are disobeying your own lord, by hating your own Muslim brethren.
as far as oromo migrations go, cry us all a river and swim in it bro, none of us can change what happened then, and Alhamdulilah, that was what led many oromo there being guided to Islam, and today, the vast majority, if not all, of the oromos there, are Muslim.
so once again, if u hate muslim oromos, that's between you and your lord, and he will indeed ask you about that on the day of judgement.
I have no issues with East Hararghe Afran Qallos, a war with them is a loss for us Somalis too as we have blood ties with some of them. Come to think of it, I don't care much for most other Oromos and would like nothing to do (good or bad) with most of y'all.

If there is a war between Somalis and pagan/Christian Oromos, whose side are you going to be on? Somali or Oromo? I would get it you if you gave me a pragmatic answer and stated that you will stand by your Oromo kin irrespective of who or what they worship but tone down the religious rhetoric if that is the case and stop with 'I Am A Muslim' line whilst calling for Oromo solidarity/nationalism because half, if not more, of your people are pagans, Evangelical and Tewahedo Christians. Oromo Nationalism and false representations of Religious piety do not go hand in hand. :Puhlease:

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:17 am

I have no issues with East Hararghe Afran Qallos, a war with them is a loss for us Somalis too as we have blood ties with some of them. Come to think of it, I don't care much for most other Oromos either and would like nothing to do (good or bad) with most of y'all.

If there is a war between Somalis and pagan/Christian Oromos, whose side are you going to be on? Somali or Oromo? I would get it you if you gave me a pragmatic answer and stated that you will stand by your Oromo kin irrespective of who or what they worship but tone down the religious rhetoric if that is the case and stop with 'I Am A Muslim' line whilst calling for Oromo solidarity/nationalism because half, if not more, of your people are pagans, Evangelical and Tewahedo Christians. Oromo Nationalism and false representations of Religious piety do not go hand in hand. :Puhlease:

That's fine, no-one is trying to force you, as an individual, to have any kind of interaction or relations with the Oromos.

As far as the question, it depends, on who the aggressor is, because Islam says to side with the oppressed, regardless of religion.
The hadith says help your brother if he's the oppressed OR the oppressor: so if u are the oppressor, I will STOP you, if you are the oppressed one, I will HELP you.
As far as religion goes, about 60-65 percent of Oromos are Muslims, they (Habasha elites) have always belittled/hid the true numbers of Muslim Oromos, out of fear, so I do not blame you for doing the same.
Keep in mind that, somalis themselves, maybe Arab-ized Oromos. You may very well be our rebellious children, from an Oromo mother. Your great great great mother maybe an Oromo woman sir.
:shock: :o

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:44 am

I have no issues with East Hararghe Afran Qallos, a war with them is a loss for us Somalis too as we have blood ties with some of them. Come to think of it, I don't care much for most other Oromos either and would like nothing to do (good or bad) with most of y'all.

That's fine, no-one is trying to force you, as an individual, to have any kind of interaction or relations with the Oromos.

As far as the question, it depends, on who the aggressor is, because Islam says to side with the oppressed, regardless of religion.
The hadith says help your brother if he's the oppressed OR the oppressor: so if u are the oppressor, I will STOP you, if you are the oppressed one, I will HELP you.
As far as religion goes, about 60-65 percent of Oromos are Muslims, they (Habasha elites) have always belittled/hid the true numbers of Muslim Oromos, out of fear, so I do not blame you for doing the same.
Keep in mind that, somalis themselves, maybe Arab-ized Oromos. You may very well be our rebellious children, from an Oromo mother. Your great great great mother maybe an Oromo woman sir.
:shock: :o
Somalis and other Lowland Cushites parted ways at the least a thousand or so years ago. Before the advent of Islam, there was probably not much dividing the ancestors of the Oromos, Somalis, Afar etc. culturally speaking. For all I know, we might have engaged in some testicle hunting of our own, but living close to the coast was a blessing as this allowed our ethnic identity to be shaped by Islam and the adoption of the Camel. This did not stop us from continuing to be semi-savages though as illustrated by the fact that it was not too long ago that some Somali males celebrated a kill by wearing an Ostrich feather on their head and wrote poems about stealing camels etc.

By the way, my people do not live anywhere near Oromos and have not been affected by the relatively recent miscegenation that occurred between Somalis and Oromos on the frontier.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.