Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A short visit to Mogadishu, but dont wanna stay with fam or hotel. Maxaa xal eeh??

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

A short visit to Mogadishu, but dont wanna stay with fam or hotel. Maxaa xal eeh??

Postby FarhanYare » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:27 pm

Hotel will be ideal place, but seeing as how it is easily penetrable am not sure I want to pay for my demise? If I go to family, I will be made to cough up money that I don't even have :lol:

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Re: A short visit to Mogadishu, but dont wanna stay with fam or hotel. Maxaa xal eeh??

Postby Nomand » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:56 am

Stay with family, take clothes that look raggy. Dont put cream on your face. First impressions count, they will see you as a charity case and might even give you money

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: A short visit to Mogadishu, but dont wanna stay with fam or hotel. Maxaa xal eeh??

Postby original dervish » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:43 am

Don't walk around with bottled water in your hand or wear a back pack ......a sure sign your from the diaspora. :)

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:42 am

Stay with family, take clothes that look raggy. Dont put cream on your face. First impressions count, they will see you as a charity case and might even give you money
I don't think this will work on my family especially my granma aun side of the family. Not long ago I was traced down on facebook by one individual asking me to help him out with the cost of wedding... I referred him to his ilma adeeryaal in Seattle, Minneapolis, Toronto, etc...

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:46 am

Don't walk around with bottled water in your hand or wear a back pack ......a sure sign your from the diaspora. :)
:lol: :lol: Why would i walk around with backpack ma cadaan tourist baan ahay?

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Get a hotel far away from central MOG. I would recommend capital plaza in Suuq Bacaad, Yaqshiid.

CaliBurco
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliBurco » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:37 pm

I can relate to a certain extend regarding not wanting to see all the family for financial reasons. I have managed to stay away several times in my younger days. But where im from I do not have your security concerns.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:10 pm

When are you going? I recommend staying wit your family. It may cost you a little but hey it’s part of the process.

I stay with my friend at his villa in Trebiano near Sheik Yusuf Siyad’s crib. Those Habar Aaji guards are good people.

This time around I will be staying in Howlwadaag. I don’t change how I dress and drive around in a Mark II. You won’t find me hanging with politicians or diaspora.

I avoid being invited to the government ministers houses. I made the mistake of hitching a ride with one who had 4 vehicle convoy. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life. That is when I realized I have become older and more westernized.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:20 pm

AW, The thing is they live in huriwaa near sheneemo buntlan. I can't be stuffed to commute using unsafe public transport to liido beach, xamarweyne, beerta nabada, jaziira, you know the usual spot for diaspora folks... Also if i were to even rent a car, i can't navigate locations since am so used to western life.

The other pressing thing is i heard shabaab are in that naighbourhood.. I can't deal.... I might go live with my eedo in madina..

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:24 pm

She is gonna milk me though. :?

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Farhan

You can stay in a guest house for $20 per night. Cab rides are also not too expensive at all.

During my upcoming trip, I won’t be doing any diaspora stuff in Xamar and just spend my time doing construction projects. I won’t even let too many people know I am in town. I leave the last 24 hrs for macsalama. I am no longer on FB so no way to reach me. I don’t answer numbers I don’t know.

Do you like water sports? My friend had a seadoo and it was cool speeding around Jazeera. The fishing is great in L Shabeele especially south of Jazeera.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.