Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Federal Government of Somalia - Demographic (Population, Education) Update on Somalia, Somaliland at the top.

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Federal Government of Somalia - Demographic (Population, Education) Update on Somalia, Somaliland at the top.

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Somaalidu beenta kama Xishoodan especially reer Koonfur Goobolo cidla aah baay ku leeyihin 1.2 Million, 700K 800K 400K!!

They need to do an actual count, I don’t trust the numbers for Jubada Dhexe Both the Shabelles, Hiiraan, Galgaduud & Mudug nor Nugaal!

Mudug is no more than 400K, Galgaduud maybe 350K, Hiiran 350K, Shabelada Dheexe 350K, Shabelada Hoose 350K, Jubada Dheexe 100K, Nugaal 100K, Bari 400K, Bay 300K, Bakool 700K, Banadir 1.5 Million, Jubada Hoose 400K, Gedo 350K

The whole South is no more than 7 Million and the North about 3.5 Million..

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Federal Government of Somalia - Demographic (Population, Education) Update on Somalia, Somaliland at the top.

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Edit Jubada Dhexe & Nugaal might be 200K each and shabelada Hoose 400K.. Somali ruun ma sheegto ee ruun bay ku maahmaahda

Cmoryaan

Postby Cmoryaan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Somaalidu beenta kama Xishoodan especially reer Koonfur Goobolo cidla aah baay ku leeyihin 1.2 Million, 700K 800K 400K!!

They need to do an actual count, I don’t trust the numbers for Jubada Dhexe Both the Shabelles, Hiiraan, Galgaduud & Mudug nor Nugaal!

Mudug is no more than 400K, Galgaduud maybe 350K, Hiiran 350K, Shabelada Dheexe 350K, Shabelada Hoose 350K, Jubada Dheexe 100K, Nugaal 100K, Bari 400K, Bay 300K, Bakool 700K, Banadir 1.5 Million, Jubada Hoose 400K, Gedo 350K

Lmfaooo you on crack ... 400 k in Bari loool.... They more people in Bay than Bari and nugaal... Bay is like 600k-800k... Lower shabelle is 1.2 million... Bari is more like 100-300k

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Lmfaooo you on crack ... 400 k in Bari loool.... They more people in Bay than Bari and nugaal... Bay is like 600k-800k... Lower shabelle is 1.2 million... Bari is more like 100-300k
I meant Bakool Not Bay it could be around 600K to 700K

Bari is not 100K it’s around 400K Bosaso alone is around 200K but if you ask a Puntlander they will swear Bari is a million people and Bosaso over 500K.

Can you please show us where the 1.2 Million people of Lower Shabelle live? What large cities? What mid size towns? The biggest city is Marka & I don’t believe it’s 100K.

TheNewElectedWarLord
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby TheNewElectedWarLord » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:20 am

Nomad,

Clearly, you are out of touch with reality. Mudug is part of Galmudug whether you like it or not, it is recognized as part of Galmudug by the International community and donor countries although sometimes north mudug is recognized as a disputed area.

as for Galguduud, Galguduud is obviously controlled by Galmudug And is not shared like you have said unless you are talking about the Al-Shabab who are present in the coastal areas of Galguduud.

Saying the only cities functioning in Galmudug are cadado and Cabudwaaq is laughable. Galmudug operates in its capital dhusamareeb, and is one of the states that operates in their capital unlike jubaland and southwest states. While Adado is the seat of the parliament, Guriceel as the commercial city of Galguduud, Hobyo as the commercial city of Galmudug and Ceelbuur as the cultural city of Galmudug.

whitehartlane
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby whitehartlane » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:38 am

So let me get this straight..the South which for some unexplained reasons begins from bosaso has a population of 7 mill. The north which equates to Hargeysa burco boorame laascaanood iyo 4 tuulo has half the population of your fabricated south..

You do realise tht Mogadishu has more population than Hargeysa and burco combined. It's just warsangeli dhulbahante iyo reer Awdal left unless you are counting sheikh iyo Berbera to boost you to be half of all Somalis past tukaraq..

How is Somaliland including the disputed areas tht do not consider themselves as Somaliland but are fierce puntlanders half of the rest of Somalis in population..

Forget puntland..

Jalalagsi
Wanlaweyn
Balcad
Jawhar
Afgooye
Beledweyne
Baydhabo
Qoryooley

Are all either same size as burco or half of burco individualy..

Thts just shabeelaha dhexe iyo koonfur galbeed..

Even the Mongolians know that these figures have been fabricated on an another level..seriously high on something extremely strong..

Galmudug administers outside of garowe?????
Garacad?
Gaalkacyo?
Goldogob?

Sool iyo sanaag
In Somaliland..???
Wht does Somaliland control in sanaag outside of isaaq lands and ceerigaabo??

Sool??
Laascaanood and what..??

Puntland reduced to garowe iyo bosaso...???

Wishful thinking...

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:18 am

So let me get this straight..the South which for some unexplained reasons begins from bosaso has a population of 7 mill. The north which equates to Hargeysa burco boorame laascaanood iyo 4 tuulo has half the population of your fabricated south..

You do realise tht Mogadishu has more population than Hargeysa and burco combined. It's just warsangeli dhulbahante iyo reer Awdal left unless you are counting sheikh iyo Berbera to boost you to be half of all Somalis past tukaraq..

How is Somaliland including the disputed areas tht do not consider themselves as Somaliland but are fierce puntlanders half of the rest of Somalis in population..

Forget puntland..

Jalalagsi
Wanlaweyn
Balcad
Jawhar
Afgooye
Beledweyne
Baydhabo
Qoryooley

Even the Mongolians know that these figures have been fabricated on an another level..seriously high on something extremely strong..

Garacad?
Gaalkacyo?
Goldogob?

Sool iyo sanaag
In Somaliland..???

Sool??
Laascaanood and what..??

Wishful thinking...
Horta Past Tukaraq markaad leedahay anything beyond it miyaad iska Dhaaftay? To me ilaa Yoocada which is outside Garoowe!! marna Haa sheegaan Dhulka Marna Ha dhihin “are you counting ila Tukaraq to boost your numbers” No I’m counting ilaa Yoocada.

Second I didn’t mention clan loyalty to any Mamul or Mamul Borders, I know Northern Mudug is part of PL, who ever did this report didn’t mention that, aniga ha isaarin. but Sanaag & Sool PL is weak sxb there is no presence or in the case of Ila Tukaraq Pl is just outside of Garowe in defense of it shacabka always supported Pl until they got tired of it.

I know Bari, Gobalada Dhexe, Koonfur etc exist but to make it easier people usually Consider them South.

I Believe Somalia is no more than 11 Million, 3.5 in the North the Rest in the South including Puntland.

4 tuulo maha the North Waa 3.5 Million with just few clans. Does Bari compare with that? Or Konfuur Galbeed? Or the South? Or PL?

My Point is the South has the larger Population 2/3 but Somalis in General exaggerate numbers.

Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bandit » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Forget puntland..

Jalalagsi
Wanlaweyn
Balcad
Jawhar
Afgooye
Beledweyne
Baydhabo
Qoryooley

Garacad?
Gaalkacyo?
Goldogob?

Sool iyo sanaag
In Somaliland..???

Sool??
Laascaanood and what..??

Wishful thinking...
Horta Past Tukaraq markaad leedahay anything beyond it miyaad iska Dhaaftay? To me ilaa Yoocada which is outside Garoowe!! marna Haa sheegaan Dhulka Marna Ha dhihin “are you counting ila Tukaraq to boost your numbers” No I’m counting ilaa Yoocada.

Second I didn’t mention clan loyalty to any Mamul or Mamul Borders, I know Northern Mudug is part of PL, who ever did this report didn’t mention that, aniga ha isaarin. but Sanaag & Sool PL is weak sxb there is no presence or in the case of Ila Tukaraq Pl is just outside of Garowe in defense of it shacabka always supported Pl until they got tired of it.

I know Bari, Gobalada Dhexe, Koonfur etc exist but to make it easier people usually Consider them South.

I Believe Somalia is no more than 11 Million, 3.5 in the North the Rest in the South including Puntland.

4 tuulo maha the North Waa 3.5 Million with just few clans. Does Bari compare with that? Or Konfuur Galbeed? Or the South? Or PL?

My Point is the South has the larger Population 2/3 but Somalis in General exaggerate numbers.
Is Godaalo outside of garowe?

:lol:

SuperLander
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby SuperLander » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Sool and Sanaag belongs to Somaliland. Go cry to Great Britain if you have a problem with the colonial borders :lol:

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Forget puntland..

Jalalagsi
Wanlaweyn
Balcad
Jawhar
Afgooye
Beledweyne
Baydhabo
Qoryooley

Garacad?
Gaalkacyo?
Goldogob?

Sool iyo sanaag
In Somaliland..???

Sool??
Laascaanood and what..??

Wishful thinking...

Is Godaalo outside of garowe?

:lol:
Xoolaha Garowe laagu Diifacayo afaaraheeyga maha.

Anigu waxan ka jawabay Eraayga ”Ilaa Tukaraq baad count garaysatay” waxaan xasuusinayaay Shishaadeeda & sookadeeda ba inaan deego. Mise isaago kala amiinsatahay PL taa aad difacasan inaay Tukaraq ku egtahay? Lol Dhinaac isku raaca

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Italian zoomalia always lie about their population size thats why they were coined the name walanweyn.

Togdeer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Togdeer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:08 am

The figures listed are just estimates, not real population census.

In somaliland we have 6 states
Awdal, Morodijeex, Saaxil, Togdheer, sool and Sanaag.

Maroodi jeex I believe has a bigger population compared to any of the 13 states of Somalia.

On google maps Hargeysa is about 75% the size of Mogadishu (benadir). If you add Wajaale and Gabiley which are in Maroodi jeex then Mogadishu would become smaller than Hargeysa+Gabiley+Wajaale.
At this point I’ve not even added the towns and villages which would make up almost 50% of Maroodi jeex.

Yet on these fake population estimates Waqooyi galbeed as you lot like to call it, which is 2 gobols in somaliland saaxil and Maroodi jeex has a lower population than benadir. According to these guys lower shabeele with the largest town being merca has more people than saaxil and Maroodi jeex. Just to make it clear gabiley aline in bigger than merca forget about Wajaale of Hargeysa.

These population estimates put Hargeysas population at 400,000.
Yet in 2017 elections 300,000 people voted just from Hargeysa. It doesn’t add up.

All of the population seem to undermine somaliland. Today somaliland has a population of 5 million. Hargeysa alone has 1.4 million. Maroodi jeex + saaxil has 2.5 million. Togdheer region has at least 1 million. Burco alone which is bigger than any other city in Somalia except for Mogadishu has reached 500,000. Awdal region has around 750,000. Sool and Sanaag combined has more than 1 million.

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:56 am

It is small on global scale.
In Manhattan alone, we are over 1 million.

Mk777
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Mk777 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:03 am

I agree with u that the figures are fake. Mogadishu now has no less than 3 million people in the city including many of ur isaaq brothers. Lower shabelle has over 2 million without a question. The 1.2 million figure is ridiculous. Look at the sizes of buulo mareer, qoryooley marka barawe awdhegle sablaale wanlaweyn etc. This region alone has a much larger population than hargeisa. The tuulos in lower shabelle are on top of each other. Look at how slow it is taken the SNA to take control of the region. Lol burco is smaller in size than beledweyne or even galkacyo. The population density of the south is incomparable to puntland or somaliland

Togdeer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Togdeer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:06 am

I agree with u that the figures are fake. Mogadishu now has no less than 3 million people in the city including many of ur isaaq brothers. Lower shabelle has over 2 million without a question. The 1.2 million figure is ridiculous. Look at the sizes of buulo mareer, qoryooley marka barawe awdhegle sablaale wanlaweyn etc. This region alone has a much larger population than hargeisa. The tuulos in lower shabelle are on top of each other. Look at how slow it is taken the SNA to take control of the region. Lol burco is smaller in size than beledweyne or even galkacyo. The population density of the south is incomparable to puntland or somaliland
Your a little langaab liar.
We’ve had the discussion about burco. Burco is the 5th largest Somali city after Mogadishu, Hargeysa, Djibouti, Jigjiga. Burco has no less than 500,000. As for Togdheer I believe it has more people than lower shabeele. All of your small villages combined are less than half the size of Burco.
If I add all the other cities in Togdheer then you’ll see Togdheer is the clear winner.
Even Buhoodle, oodwayne and sheikh are bigger than all the towns in lower shabeele.

As for Mogadishu the population is going down because of all the explosions and many people fleeing. IDP camps in benadir make up the majority of the population. Your claiming Mogadishu has 3 million people that’s on par with Nairobi and Addis, don’t embarrass yourself because your just pulling out numbers.

As for gobalka Maroodi jeex in somaliland it has more people than benadir as I’ve explained already. Hargeysa to wajaale and the Ethiopian border are the most densely populated area in the Somali peninsula.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.