Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Berbera Port Expansion Project and Ground-Breaking Ceremony | Phase I

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Beer-Dilaacshe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Berbera Port Expansion Project and Ground-Breaking Ceremony | Phase I

Postby Beer-Dilaacshe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Preparations of the ground breaking ceremony is underway, Where are the haters?

Beer-Dilaacshe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Berbera Port Expansion Project and Ground-Breaking Ceremony | Phase I

Postby Beer-Dilaacshe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Silanyo's Legacy :up:

SuldaanOfSanaag
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SuldaanOfSanaag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Looks massive almost 3x larger then the one before.

looks like they also gonna build a container terminal that looks impressive. now berbera can compete with the east African international ports like mombassa and djibouti and port sudan.

mundane Ahmed silaanyo has done good work even, otherwise we be moving in turtle base and not competing with other countries.

it also leaves the goverment to concentrate on other sectors as the port will not worry them.
they can built other things to stream tax or Improve other sectors like transportation and land registry.

they need to built a terminal at hargeisa airport as the current one is too small.

the former goverment paved the way for a lot of things. let's see this new one what it does for the people and state.

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 pm

looks like a very big project, when will it be completed ?

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm

This ceremony was stopped.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Faqash always praying for the ills and failures.

It's not stopped but could be postponed. There's difference. I hear it's on Thursday 11th of October btw.

We, Landers, will deliver the news to you once we see the ribbon-cutting ceremony, don't you worry. We plan to silence you guys just like the military one.

Faqash don't even have brain.

They see UAE is going hard on new completely multi-million dollar military projects, wouldn't it be ideal to add commercial businesses as well plus hotels and restaurants for their soldiers?

These guys don't even use their head.

They would love to deny the military but we killed them with satellite evidence. That's the end of them.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 pm

The sadaat sea exellentos I love this
Long live the sadaat nation berbera Somaliland isaaq power from berbera to wajaale to harte sheikh to hararghey And hawaday to Addis Ababa.

Xposed83

Postby Xposed83 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:48 pm

Is this a joke? Posing in front of posters is ground breaking now? Where is the crowd? Idoors are a bunch of cucks remember when they held a party for KSA and not a single Saudi was there :whoo: :russ: :russ:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 am

What do jabartis have to do with berbera there is not a single jabarti doofaar ismaciil in berbera . Saudis well Saudis are Saudis our deal is with ilmasheikh zayid our strategic economic partners. While doofaar ismaciil rot in galla prisons or get carpet bombed by kikiyus

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:23 am

The Faqash as per usual would rather focus and only see 'posters' rather than the bigger goal that Berbera port is about to be one of the biggest and most modern in the region while their villages remain nothing more than a fishing village.

These are just leaked photos of the ongoing preparations.

The groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of Berbera Port is scheduled to take place on October 11, 2018.

The ceremony is expected to take place with of Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, the group chairman and CEO of DP World in attendance.

The winning company, which will undertake the construction, has not been announced.

The expansion project is planned to be built on an 800sqm area in two phases. The first phase, which will be executed with a 232-million-dollar investment, will sit on 400sqm and can accommodate two vessels at any given time. The expansion includes the construction of additional berths.

The existing old port facility has a 650-meter-long linear wharf. Berbera's facility encompasses more than 600sqm with terminals for containers, general cargo, an office building and other properties.

Ethiopia has acquired a 19pc stake in the port, while DP World and Somaliland hold a 51pc and 30pc stake, respectively.
- Addis Fortune

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.