Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I think the US will push for Mogadishu-Hargeisa talks

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: I think the US will push for Mogadishu-Hargeisa talks

Postby Sharmarke91 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 pm

The only strategic part of Somali peninsula is berbera to Djibouti. The gulf of Aden and Red Sea is the second busiest shipping route in the world. It links east and west. Somalia is not located in a strategic location. The Indian Ocean is a quite shipping route, no significance. Even back in the 70s and 80s when Somalia was united the Russians and US were only interested in berbera. Low IQ merehan actually believe somalia is more strategic than somaliland.

The US long built a base in Baledogle. They use this base to fight alshabab nothing more. The US and others run xalane, Somalis can’t work there or set up business, this is so embarrassing. US is going to loot everything it has nothing to offer a weak paper government in Amisomland.

As for Somalia and somaliland talks, there is going to be none with Farmajos paper government who tried to undermine SL. Somalia and somaliland uniting again is a dream, somaliland government and 97% of the people are pro somaliland independence. We will never give up our sovereignty to unite with a failed state.

You say that but the reality is Somaliland will mostly likely be forced to continue to be part of Somalia - Forced diplomatically and not militarily.

I don't think it would immediately but it will happen within a decade.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 pm

The only strategic part of Somali peninsula is berbera to Djibouti. The gulf of Aden and Red Sea is the second busiest shipping route in the world. It links east and west. Somalia is not located in a strategic location. The Indian Ocean is a quite shipping route, no significance. Even back in the 70s and 80s when Somalia was united the Russians and US were only interested in berbera. Low IQ merehan actually believe somalia is more strategic than somaliland.

The US long built a base in Baledogle. They use this base to fight alshabab nothing more. The US and others run xalane, Somalis can’t work there or set up business, this is so embarrassing. US is going to loot everything it has nothing to offer a weak paper government in Amisomland.

As for Somalia and somaliland talks, there is going to be none with Farmajos paper government who tried to undermine SL. Somalia and somaliland uniting again is a dream, somaliland government and 97% of the people are pro somaliland independence. We will never give up our sovereignty to unite with a failed state.

You say that but the reality is Somaliland will mostly likely be forced to continue to be part of Somalia - Forced diplomatically and not militarily.

We are no longer into diplomacy , all we care is to be in control of every thing and financially independent. The more military mighty we get and the more source of revenue we create, the better. Totally de facto.

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:45 pm

We are no longer into diplomacy , all we care is to be in control of every thing and financially independent. The more military mighty we get and the more source of revenue we create, the better. Totally de facto.
SL is already de facto what more can you expect bro, just admit 30 years of political failure, but you achieved greatest success which is peace, don't throw that away with your extremism, its your own people that are fighting you not southerners.

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Somaliland won't be able remain de facto unless it has friend. Your closes ally Ethiopia turned against and now the only friend you have left is the UAE we'll see how long that relationship lasts. I think it will die with Yemen war.

Somaliland is defeated already diplomatically even though the Somali government is still very weak. The farmaajo administration has done more damage to Somaliland in the last 2 years than any other Somali administration ever done.

The way I see it Somaliland is facing its demise.

Having control of your territory will not help because as Somalia gets stronger and the world backs it even more Somaliland will be seen as a hindrance to peace if doesn't co-operate.

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:17 pm

A qurjiile should never wish for Somaliland's demise.

Literally the only thing stopping the Isaaq hordes from going ape on the qurjiile is the push for recognition and the attempt to maintain a friendly face to the outside world. If that dies, one can expect the first victims of Isaaq frustration to be the poor qurjiile.

It is not Somaliland who is without friends. The true friendless group in the Horn is the pitiful qurjiile, who begged every entity, including their own doofaar ismacil kin, for help against Somaliland and were turned down and sent away empty handed, with no hope of ever escaping their current subservience to Isaaq.

Let the qadaadweyn doofaar ismaacil wish for Somaliland's demise, but a qurjiile should pray for Isaaq's focus to remain independence. You lost enough land already :lol:
Last edited by Ben Dover on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:18 pm

I was always against disturbing the peace in s/l.
All you have to do is wait and let secessionism wither and die on the vine. :)

Benny what universe are you living in? :)

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:21 pm

The universe where you are ruled from Hargeisa :) :up:

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:55 pm

The universe where you are ruled from Hargeisa :) :up:
:lol:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 pm

People like Typhoon just chase their own tails and vomit garbage driven none other than "my tribe is best, my tribe has it all' mentality. But the reality says otherwise.

The most strategic place in the Somali Republic is Berbera and the Gulf of Aden. The Russians used there not by accident not because of Siad Barre but because of its strategic importance. Same with the Americans.

There are no shipping or trade lines near southern Somalia that are of any importance of controlling or monitoring. The US always had the airstrip in the south and just use it for drones. It suits that application.

However here is live shipping traffic I screen shot:

RED = TANKERS
GREEN = VESSEL (Cargo) and military
BLUE = VESSEL (Passenger)

KOTA HANDAL (HK) is currently docked in Berbera destined for Jeddah Port. I googled.
KOTA HANDAL - CONTAINER SHIP
IMO: 9272981, MMSI: 477230700

UAE is very busy destination including Port of Fujairah:
Fujairah has been positioning itself as a regional oil trading hub, which is a national objective for the UAE.

In the past decade, the port has tripled its berths to nine and increased shipping traffic more than eight-fold, with the port handling more than 2,200 vessels last year.

Onshore storage capacity has increased twenty fold in the past two decades to 10 million cubic tonnes and the port operator has plans to increase that to 14 million cubic tonnes by 2020.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 2.0/zoom:6

Now days we have access to all information. Never pay attention to big mouths like Typhoon.
Last edited by AwRastaale on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Togdeer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Togdeer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:19 pm

You said this in 1991. People need to realise somaliland is gone nothing is going to bring it back and as for you qurjile boy, your coming with me.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 pm

Here is the density map for 2017.

You can see not much activities in the south after all it's an open ocean unlike the Gulf of Aden. You can also see Berbera gets more traffic than Bosaaso----you can finally teach reer faan something.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:56 pm

You wish you fking amxaar , traitor. Somaliland sovereignty is not negotiable , the holy Republic will never give up one single pillar of its ambitious plans. We will rather slaughter millions of our enemies and self hating traitors like you . We established Somaliland by the barrel if the gun it can only be taken from us through the same method. Not politics. Go fk your self you fking coward.
Adeerka Mohamed Said Duale sidas ma ku so tidhi?

Wait different rules apply to the rich and influential :mrgreen:

Nigga I never believed SL would be a country.

I don't see it happening. Countries don't become countries because a regime becomes destructive and certain sect of society get emotional and run away.

There are better ways to see a better outcome.

Adeerka la so hadal horta. You can't take Somali money yet claim you don't want no Somali State.

BestPlaya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BestPlaya » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:37 am

Awrstaale is finally seeing the light .Was just reading your Mereja posts

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:09 am

wtf aw oromo don't represent somaliland he represents ethiopia on the Internet. :lol:

Somaliland is on the right path.

no body listen to shaydaan talking from his azz. :lol:

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:26 am

Aw amxaar you can go and open your business in mogadishu. That's not forbidden at all. Neither you nor dhiigshiil have the courage to confront against us politically. You know we how we treat isaaq traitors. We don't even allow them to speak freely . The moment you say something against Somaliland you have no liberty inside your own country. Either you are with us or against us there is no other option.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.