Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1) Afar block road from addis ababa to djibouti, 2) ethiopian air force bombed wallaga/western oromia to attack OLF

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: 1) Afar block road from addis ababa to djibouti, 2) ethiopian air force bombed wallaga/western oromia to attack OLF

Postby original dervish » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 am

Let me know when the US embassy is evacuated...
Thats when I'll become interested.

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: 1) Afar block road from addis ababa to djibouti, 2) ethiopian air force bombed wallaga/western oromia to attack OLF

Postby dalalos101 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 am

Let me know when the US embassy is evacuated...
Thats when I'll become interested.
Let me know when Amhara and Tigray regions are up in flames, then I will tune in. :!:

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Real talk brah........and you can add Oromiya too.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:29 pm

I hope you, your mom and family, are destroyed too then. Bitch.

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Don’t be an idiot man. Don’t wish ill upon his family or him. That’s childish. Just ignore it. Not everyone has to like us or wish us the best. We got to love and wish oursleves the best, and others can have respect once we respect ourselves. Unfortunately we have a habesha using our name leading a nation to civil war. So let’s work on fixing our issues before we tend to remarks made by others.

GoodLuckJohnson

Postby GoodLuckJohnson » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:39 pm

may the forced prison state called Aidstope(ethiopia) shatter into many pieces and the slave-owner amhara die like rats in a sewer like their father heila selassie.

Nole

Postby Nole » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Don’t be an idiot man. Don’t wish ill upon his family or him. That’s childish. Just ignore it. Not everyone has to like us or wish us the best. We got to love and wish oursleves the best, and others can have respect once we respect ourselves. Unfortunately we have a habesha using our name leading a nation to civil war. So let’s work on fixing our issues before we tend to remarks made by others.
Agreed. Furthermore, I wouldn't pay too much attention to disparaging comments from a Somali as if they're in any position of power or privilege in the empire lol. Take one look at the mafia-run torture-dungeon hell hole their killil has always been. They've been far worse off than us and a Somali bootlicker has always been given the responsibility of overseeing the torment of innocent Somalis.

They are fellow subjects of this empire and if we (collectively) had any brains we would find common cause, join forces and earn more influence for a change.

Pureblood1

Postby Pureblood1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 pm

The problem is oromos have no brains. You are not good partners at anything. Look at your large numbers and the fact you’ve been able to accomplish absolutely nothing. Somalis did more in 1977 against ethiopian hierarchy than oromos ever have and you guys have always had a bigger population than us. It’s true the largest Somali clan in the Somali section of Ethiopia , the Ogadeni’s, are completely useless. It’s two useless people Oromo and Ogaden.

Nole

Postby Nole » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 pm

I won't respond to your point about 1977 because it is beneath response. You see the fruits of 1977 today in Hargeisa (SNA guns turned on your own people straight afterwards etc).

In Ethiopia, the evidence of the last few of years of protest action, popular mobilisation and international advocacy as shown by Qerroo is ample proof against your claim. They shook Ethiopia in a number of ways; Economically, with the numerous strikes, fuel blockades, disruptions, etc. Media advocacy that impacted worldwide public opinion of the regime and so on.

A big plus has been the actualisation of Oromumma, of Oromo nationhood. We have overcome our regional/clan based rivalries on a social and political level and found common cause with eachother, we pool our resources and raise funds for eachother during crisis events, etc. This is no small thing. In the past, regional division was our biggest achilles heel. Somalis need to learn this from us. Get beyond your clan for a second and you will benefit.

The issue we have today is that these OPDO lackeys have attempted to hijack the movement and what it stands for in an attempt to purchase some legitimacy. To me and every Oromo that I know, the OPDO are nothing more than Dergue captives who speak Afaan Oromo and that is their legacy.

If Somalis, Oromos, Afar and others could unite as historically repressed subjects of the empire then we would be going places fast.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Waachis:
Remember it took eplf, tplf, wslf, alf, all together fighting derg, to win
WSLF was destroyed by Ethiopia.

Pureblood1

Postby Pureblood1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:38 pm

I won't respond to your point about 1977 because it is beneath response. You see the fruits of 1977 today in Hargeisa (SNA guns turned on your own people straight afterwards etc).

In Ethiopia, the evidence of the last few of years of protest action, popular mobilisation and international advocacy as shown by Qerroo is ample proof against your claim. They shook Ethiopia in a number of ways; Economically, with the numerous strikes, fuel blockades, disruptions, etc. Media advocacy that impacted worldwide public opinion of the regime and so on.

A big plus has been the actualisation of Oromumma, of Oromo nationhood. We have overcome our regional/clan based rivalries on a social and political level and found common cause with eachother, we pool our resources and raise funds for eachother during crisis events, etc. This is no small thing. In the past, regional division was our biggest achilles heel. Somalis need to learn this from us. Get beyond your clan for a second and you will benefit.

The issue we have today is that these OPDO lackeys have attempted to hijack the movement and what it stands for in an attempt to purchase some legitimacy. To me and every Oromo that I know, the OPDO are nothing more than Dergue captives who speak Afaan Oromo and that is their legacy.

If Somalis, Oromos, Afar and others could unite as historically repressed subjects of the empire then we would be going places fast.
You won’t respond about 77 because you know it’s the truth. Your people who greatly outnumber Somalis are far more useless . I also know many Isaaq commanders / generals played decisive roles in 77 capturing towns form Xabashi. What happened after 77 doesn’t matter we destroyed the Somali National Army and we do see the fruits of that today we are faqash free unlike Oromo who is still slave to the same master for a millennium now.

Where were oromos in 77? Why do you guys beg Somalis today? Go fix your own problems you are not good partners we’d rather go at it alone then drag your dead weight along with us

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 pm

Pureblood:
What happened after 77 doesn’t matter we destroyed the Somali National Army
Russians and Cubans not ethiopians destroyed somali army

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:59 pm

You won’t respond about 77 because you know it’s the truth. Your people who greatly outnumber Somalis are far more useless . I also know many Isaaq commanders / generals played decisive roles in 77 capturing towns form Xabashi. What happened after 77 doesn’t matter we destroyed the Somali National Army and we do see the fruits of that today we are faqash free unlike Oromo who is still slave to the same master for a millennium now.

Where were oromos in 77? Why do you guys beg Somalis today? Go fix your own problems you are not good partners we’d rather go at it alone then drag your dead weight along with us

There is no comparison. The Somalis had a powerful functioning government with access to arms coming in from their allies. The only ally we had were the Somalis, but Siad Barre pretty much threw us under the bus. He saw the growing support of the OLA and OLF, so he went off to say we have to be “Somali Abow” and the Somali Abow liberation front was created. A of land the WSLF was fighting for were lands populated by eastern Oromos, the AQ, Arsi etc. This is what many Oromo belive caused the Somalis to loose, minus to west support the habesha had. Siad pushes to move further west, deeper into Oromo lands which was wrong. This had many Oromos reject the Somali Abow liberation group for OLF.

They weren’t willing to fight in their own land for someone else, and kill, loot their own ppl. This support stopped and the help of the west backing Ethiopia helped them win that war unfortunately. So nothing to brag about, you didn’t win that war. You could have gained galbeed and thrived as powerful nation but your leader at the time failed you.

Pureblood1

Postby Pureblood1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 pm

There is no comparison. The Somalis had a powerful functioning government with access to arms coming in from their allies. The only ally we had were the Somalis, but Siad Barre pretty much threw us under the bus. He saw the growing support of the OLA and OLF, so he went off to say we have to be “Somali Abow” and the Somali Abow liberation front was created. A of land the WSLF was fighting for were lands populated by eastern Oromos, the AQ, Arsi etc. This is what many Oromo belive caused the Somalis to loose, minus to west support the habesha had. Siad pushes to move further west, deeper into Oromo lands which was wrong. This had many Oromos reject the Somali Abow liberation group for OLF.

They weren’t willing to fight in their own land for someone else, and kill, loot their own ppl. This support stopped and the help of the west(Us etc) backing Ethiopia helped them win that war unfortunately. So nothing to brag about, you didn’t win that war. You could have gained galbeed and thrived as powerful nation but your leader at the time failed you.
We failed because we had a horrible leader that you are right about and now his newphew leads somalia and he is just as bad. We did have state weapons in 77 but so did the Ethiopians. And the Ethiopians had more weapons and more fighters yet we still karbashed them. We had that war won until intervention by Soviet’s and Cubans. You see the difference between Somali and Oromo? We made such an impact foreigners had to come save the very people who keep you as slaves throughout modern history. Where were you people in 77 and now you want to beg us? The perfect timing for cooperation was 1977 and you ignored it. Now Somalis are just as fragmented as Oromos. This is why I don’t want a partnership with you people on anything you guys have bad optics and understanding how can two groups with issues form to defeat a common enemy when one group had said enemy on the ropes and you just sat back and watched? Keep your dreams of cooperation to yourselves we know who came to our aid against Russians and Cubans and that was nobody. You don’t know what it means to fight Habashis you just think it’s a game.

Oromos have no excuse for not having heavy weaponry my own clan Isaaq managed to get some and we’re not recognized we are not a state. So what’s oromos problem? This is a good comparison.

Pureblood1

Postby Pureblood1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Pureblood:
What happened after 77 doesn’t matter we destroyed the Somali National Army
Russians and Cubans not ethiopians destroyed somali army
Exactly . And then the rest of the fragmented Somali National army was destroyed in Northern and Southern Somalia.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.