Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oromia and Harar are a buffer zone between Amhara extremists and Somalis-you should want us to be strong, despite..

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Oromia and Harar are a buffer zone between Amhara extremists and Somalis-you should want us to be strong, despite..

Postby Waachis » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Somalis themselves know this, that harar was the buffer zone between them and the amhara extremists (backed by the white man of course and with some gullible foolish assimilated oromos, sad to say, but they are my people).
oromia too, today, is a buffer zone for you. you will never have to fight amharas again as long a single oromo exists.
we will be doing the fighting. in fact, many of the diaspora are ready to offer money, tactics, even go back to oromia if need be
so, despite our land disputes, oromo will always serve your interests in an indirect way.
like it or not-we fought them longer, harder than you guys ever did, and know them the best.
they will not fight alone. they will try to bring somalis, and others, with them, but that won't happen.
somalis would not fight and die for amhara to come back to power, dismantle federalism, and take us all back to haile selassie's time.
i know this for a fact.

Salaxbaashe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Oromia and Harar are a buffer zone between Amhara extremists and Somalis-you should want us to be strong, despite..

Postby Salaxbaashe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:22 pm

I’ll be honest with you waachis. Somalis aren’t worried about amhara we are more worried about each other. Every somali knows if we put our differences aside we can capture the whole of ethiopia without too much problems. That would have happened in 1977 if said barres bad diplomacy didn’t get the Warsaw Pact and western allies both against us.

We also don’t believe there is anything called oromo. The Muslim oromo are the Dir ali madaxweyne tribe and the Christian oromo are xabashi. We believe our border with the xabashi is the awash valley.

The thing you seem to forget because somalia is a failed state is that it is a state. If somalis come to an agreement we can get tanks artillery aircraft and what not like we had before but we don’t trust each other. Somalis number one enemy is other Somalis.

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Oromia and Harar are a buffer zone between Amhara extremists and Somalis-you should want us to be strong, despite..

Postby zidane88 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Don't mislead the unsuspecting Somali youth who doesn't know the Ethiopian demographics. I have been brought up both Amhara and Oromo in my childhood.
Amharas believe "Etobiyawi andinat" the unity of Ethiopia regardless of region, while the Oromo believes "goosaa" meaning clan.
Amharas believe ownership of Gondhar, Gojaam, and Wollo, while Oromos believe they own part of Somalia.
Deal with Amharas, and spare us for the fake alliance. We know who our enemy is. night night.

Salaxbaashe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salaxbaashe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:31 pm

We have the longest coast line in Africa with a large marine ecosystem to ourselves. You know what that means. Billions in revenue. We have oil and uranium and we are strategically located so we can be a logistics hub and we will always have a super power on our side because of the bab el mandeb.

We have close to 100k liyu police forces in the Somali region if Somalia had an army they will switch alliegences and the war has already started in the oromiya border. We could capture Addis very quickly

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:44 pm

1) Get over 1977, you lost that war, it's over. Today's reality is much different than back thens.
Also-do you think a poor african country, be it ethiopia or somalia, can afford to sustain such an expensive war?
a protracted war that even the super powers spend billions on-such as the USA? If millions of ethiopians opposed your occupation and became guerrillas and were armed by the ethiopian army and its armories that are numerous and plentiful-how long could somalis last, even if united? be honest. no need to exagerate your strength. we know each other. we know you are tough and brave, we respect it.
but, Be real here bro. Bravery alone is not enough.

2) The point is, as long as Oromos are here, you have no worries about the old ethiopia coming back. some brothers here were saying this a year or two ago if u search the posts, saying oromos would fight for amhara to return. i laughed and said no worries, it will never happen in a million years. the next war will be amhara extremists vs oromo warriors and their allies. amhara extremists have isolated themselves and even sudan wants their land back eventually.
i did not say you should, or did, worry about them. just saying u should not be so negative towards us, because we're not enemies, never will be, and are not now.

3) muslim oromo are dir? dude the muslim oromo population is more than the entire somali population. get real now. we're like 25-28 million strong.
we have assimilated some somalis, sure, but there plenty of muslim oromos who are not somali in origin.
my clan is maccaa, on dad's side, and to be honest, i hear i may have somali relatives on my moms side because their family name is somali-sounding ''siad.'' i do not know much about my moms side because they still live back home, but a lot of my dads family live here in america with me, so i know their clans and so on. some of my cousins are from bale too, where oromo and somali are allies and died and were buried together fighting haile selassie and derg. u ever hear of rayitu clan? look them up. they are oromos who are influenced by and marry with somalis. nice generous people...anyways i will be visiting back home, in a year or so, to see my moms family, and i may discover something surprising. who knows?
i love somalis, that's why i am still here, even while u guys insult me and wish destruction upon me. i still love you guys and if a habesha and a somali is fighting-guess whose side im getting on??

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Don't mislead the unsuspecting Somali youth who doesn't know the Ethiopian demographics. I have been brought up both Amhara and Oromo in my childhood.
Amharas believe "Etobiyawi andinat" the unity of Ethiopia regardless of region, while the Oromo believes "goosaa" meaning clan.
Amharas believe ownership of Gondhar, Gojaam, and Wollo, while Oromos believe they own part of Somalia.
Deal with Amharas, and spare us for the fake alliance. We know who our enemy is. night night.
doqonkii boy,

Your childhood and today's ethiopia=totally different. oromo do not care for clans, that's a somali thing.
we care for overall Oromo interests and well being. u could learn a lot from us, in that regard.
just as we can learn a lot from somalis. it's a mutual thing.

amharas believe in unity, because their culture is dominant, they relate more to it, because the empire was built by oromo muscles + their culture.
simple as that.
amhara believe jigjiga and somali region is theirs too by the way hence the reason why they protested there.
they claim benishangul gumuz. they claim parts of oromia. they claim afar. they claim parts of tigray.
they have land disputes with sudan on the western borders. LOL wow.

do not worry-we will handle the amhara extremist boogey man.

Salaxbaashe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salaxbaashe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 pm

We have oil that can be used to sustain war. But all of that aside war is in the interest of no one and will stop economic integration and development. Me coming from the zubeer awal clan the richest amoungst somalis oromo are my allies and my trading partners for centuries. No somali state that we are a part of will be at war with oromos. We will view that as a declaration of war declared by other clans on our finances. We would like eastern hararge and harar back and peace on the border towns and we could be the greatest of allies.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:03 pm

I want Ethiopia to burn. That is my is my interest

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:16 pm

We have oil that can be used to sustain war. But all of that aside war is in the interest of no one and will stop economic integration and development. Me coming from the zubeer awal clan the richest amoungst somalis oromo are my allies and my trading partners for centuries. No somali state that we are a part of will be at war with oromos. We will view that as a declaration of war declared by other clans on our finances. We would like eastern hararge and harar back and peace on the border towns and we could be the greatest of allies.

Plz have some dignity and remove the Oromo ceeb out of your mouth. No need to degrade yourself like that, in fact they need your trade more than you need them. All they export is khat to SL & some potatoes that you grow them at Awdal state.

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:18 pm

You are prostituting & devaluing yourself instead of marketing your cause. No wonder you didn’t get recognition after 30 years.

Salaxbaashe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salaxbaashe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:33 pm

All trade is mutual. From khat to coffe to spices and all other plants. Oromo will also evolve into Chinese like producers and our trade with them is essential to mutually grow our regions. You wouldn’t understand this as you hail from an unproductive clan.

Somaliland hasn’t achieved recognition because Somalis are shameless. Normally you would negotiate recognition when a country is on the brink of collapse. Somalis are happy to be a failed state indefinitely. You can’t negotiate with someone that has nothing to lose. When somalia reaches some form of progress we will annex puntland then start negotiating.

Mustafee101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mustafee101 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:52 pm

doqonkii boy,

Your childhood and today's ethiopia=totally different. oromo do not care for clans, that's a somali thing.
we care for overall Oromo interests and well being. u could learn a lot from us, in that regard.
just as we can learn a lot from somalis. it's a mutual thing.

amharas believe in unity, because their culture is dominant, they relate more to it, because the empire was built by oromo muscles + their culture.
simple as that.
amhara believe jigjiga and somali region is theirs too by the way hence the reason why they protested there.
they claim benishangul gumuz. they claim parts of oromia. they claim afar. they claim parts of tigray.
they have land disputes with sudan on the western borders. LOL wow.

do not worry-we will handle the amhara extremist boogey man.
Do the Oromo believe they own parts of Somalia ? Do they believe they own Mooyaale, Babile, parts of Faafan, Liibaan region, Nogob region? Where exactly does the Oromo border ends? Post a map

I’m worrying more about your people than the Habashis especially consider a lot Oromo people have been moving into Somalia for the past two decades

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:55 pm

All trade is mutual. From khat to coffe to spices and all other plants. Oromo will also evolve into Chinese like producers and our trade with them is essential to mutually grow our regions. You wouldn’t understand this as you hail from an unproductive clan.

Somaliland hasn’t achieved recognition because Somalis are shameless. Normally you would negotiate recognition when a country is on the brink of collapse. Somalis are happy to be a failed state indefinitely. You can’t negotiate with someone that has nothing to lose. When somalia reaches some form of progress we will annex puntland then start negotiating.

You reminded of story of begger & broken pot.kkkk good luck in your dreams.

The Broken Pot

The Panchatantra

In a certain place there lived a Brahman by the name of Svabhâvakripana, which means "luckless by his very nature." By begging he acquired a quantity of rice gruel, and after he had eaten what he wanted, there was still a potful left. He hung this pot on a nail in the wall above his bed. As night progressed, he could not take his eyes from the pot. All the while he was thinking:

This pot is filled to overflowing with rice gruel. If a famine should come to the land, then I could sell it for a hundred pieces of silver. Then I could buy a pair of goats. They have kids every six months, so I would soon have an entire herd of goats. Then I would trade the goats for cattle. As soon as the cows had calved, I would sell the calves. Then I would trade the cattle for buffalo. And the buffalo for horses. And when the horses foaled, I would own many horses. From their sale I would gain a large amount of gold. With this gold I would buy a house with four buildings in a rectangle.
Then a Brahman would enter my house and give me a very beautiful girl with a large dowry for my wife. She will give birth to a son, and I will give him the name Somasarman. When he is old enough to be bounced on my knee, I will take a book, sit in the horse stall, and read. In the meantime, Somasarman will see me and want to be bounced on my knee. He will climb down from his mother's lap and walk toward me, coming close to the horses hooves. Then, filled with anger, I will shout at my wife, "Take the child! Take the child!"

But she, busy with her housework, will not hear me. So I will jump up and give her a kick!

And, buried in his thoughts, he struck out with his foot, breaking the pot, and painting himself white with the rice gruel that had been in it. Therefore I say:

He who dreams about unrealistic projects for the future will have the same fate as Somasarman's father: He will find himself lying there painted white with rice gruel.

Salaxbaashe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salaxbaashe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:39 pm

Why don’t you go to your shitty forum

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Why don’t you go to your shitty forum
I like to check on reer SL and their latest illusion of recognition & their daily marathon of begging. Honestly you never disappointed me.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.