Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nabsigii maa ka soo baxay?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: Nabsigii maa ka soo baxay?

Postby Voltage » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:45 am

I was like why isn't Saddam correcting this guy. :mindblown:

Until I saw Saddam was leading him in. :dead:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:01 am

Sahal, you are forgiven for your ignorance on this issue sxb. Marehan is complex and the complexity results from Marehan's long history.

The reason why I said you are forgiven is because I came across a number of folks talking about this issue in the same misinformed way.

Like Saddam told you, Janan is reer Axmed who own Dollow. Reer Axmed are 100% Galti.

I have explained before the story of how all reer Axmed [Hussein] and all the Cali Hussein of Murax are reer Gedo today while reer Siyaad Hussein of Abdishakur Gala Eri are almost completely reer Galmudug today.

Cali Hussein and Axmed Hussein ("rer Axmed") decided to move together as one in the GALTI migration of 1895-1925 which was led by the Ugaas of Marehan (rer Ugaas Guuleed/reer Ugaas Shermarke) after GURI sent word about the paradise they had found in the Upper Jubba Valley.

Reer Axmed, Cali Hussein, Talxe, the bah-Xawaadle of reer Diini (reer Ugaas Shermaarke and reer Siyaad), reer Garaad, Cali Dheere, etc ARE ALL GALTI.

Reer Hassan, Uurmidig, Soonfure, Hawlraarsame, etc are all GURI.

Basically;

1. Any one who had to build the first new Marehan settlements in the south are GURI.

2. Anyone who followed the first settlements upto the civil war is GALTI

3. After the civil war, when the bulk of urban Marehan ran to whatever Marehan land was the closest (for example a reer Dalal from Mogadishu ran to Gedo while a reer Hassan working in Beled-Weyne ran to Caabudwaaq), whoever came from a family that had been in Gedo before 91 was "reer Gedo Marehan" and whoever came from a family that had been in central Somalia before 91 was "reer Mudug Marehan."

4. I will give you an example using my reer Siyaad and Hawlraarsame as examples for m how complex this could be.

-Hawlraarsame were part of the first migration to south (GURI)
-Reer Siyaad were part of the succeeding migrations in 1905 (GALTI).
-Hawlraarsame and reer Siyaad families descending from those migrations came to be collectively called MAREHAN REER GEDO starting 1991 (
-They will be called that by other Marehan who may be present in Gedo in 1991 like Wagardhac or reer Dalal from Caabudwaq

-Yet unlike Reer Axmed and Cali Hussein above, not all of Hawlraarsame or reer Siyaad migrated.
-You still have Hawlraarsame in Caabudwaaq who never joined the Guri migration
-You also still have reer Siyaad (like my family) in Balanbale area who who never joined the Galti migration
-Descendents of families from them (like myself) who ended up in Gedo in 1991 were MAREHAN REER MUDUG
-We would be called this by our close kin who were Galti reer Siyaad or Guri Hawlraarsame

Due to the civil war circumstances and primarily AL ITIHAD - SNF War (Al Itihad received bulk of their support from reer Guri and SNF from Galti and reer Mudug), these cultural identifiers became weaponized.

But the people who try to use these cultural differences with intellectual laziness now make all of us Marehan chuckle.

For example, reer Axmed were the strongest GALTI force and reer Hassan the strongest GURI force in northern Gedo.

They were bitter enemies with Reer Axmed led by Xasan Deer and Reer Hassan by Ali Nuur with Mohamud Sayid Aden.

Today, you have Guri/rer Hassan Mohamud Sayid Aden in cohoots with Galti/rer Axmed Janan.

And who was standing to the right of Mohamud?

Galti/rer Axmed Xasan Deer's son (head of Jubbaland"NISA") WITH Xasan Deer having been the guy commanding battles against Mohamud in the 90's.

Like Saddam told you, even look at Buurdhuubo, Garbahaarey and Baardheere.

Galti/Reer Ugaas Shermaarke led by Fartaag are in cohoots with Guri/Rer Hassan Mohamud supporting Madoobe while Galti/reer Siyaad in Garbahaaray and Guri/reer Hassan in Buurdhuubo are staunchly anti-Madoobe.

These people don't understand what they are talking about.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:09 am

Sahal, you are forgiven for your ignorance on this issue sxb. Marehan is complex and the complexity results from Marehan's long history.

The reason why I said you are forgiven is because I came across a number of folks talking about this issue in the same misinformed way.

Like Saddam told you, Janan is reer Axmed who own Dollow. Reer Axmed are 100% Galti.

I have explained before the story of how all reer Axmed [Hussein] and all the Cali Hussein of Murax are reer Gedo today while reer Siyaad Hussein of Abdishakur Gala Eri are almost completely reer Galmudug today.

Cali Hussein and Axmed Hussein ("rer Axmed") decided to move together as one in the GALTI migration of 1895-1925 which was led by the Ugaas of Marehan (rer Ugaas Guuleed/reer Ugaas Shermarke) after GURI sent word about the paradise they had found in the Upper Jubba Valley.

Reer Axmed, Cali Hussein, Talxe, the bah-Xawaadle of reer Diini (reer Ugaas Shermaarke and reer Siyaad), reer Garaad, Cali Dheere, etc ARE ALL GALTI.

Reer Hassan, Uurmidig, Soonfure, Hawlraarsame, etc are all GURI.

Basically;

1. Any one who had to build the first new Marehan settlements in the south are GURI.

2. Anyone who followed the first settlements upto the civil war is GALTI

3. After the civil war, when the bulk of urban Marehan ran to whatever Marehan land was the closest (for example a reer Dalal from Mogadishu ran to Gedo while a reer Hassan working in Beled-Weyne ran to Caabudwaaq), whoever came from a family that had been in Gedo before 91 was "reer Gedo Marehan" and whoever came from a family that had been in central Somalia before 91 was "reer Mudug Marehan."

4. I will give you an example using my reer Siyaad and Hawlraarsame as examples for m how complex this could be.

-Hawlraarsame were part of the first migration to south (GURI)
-Reer Siyaad were part of the succeeding migrations in 1905 (GALTI).
-Hawlraarsame and reer Siyaad families descending from those migrations came to be collectively called MAREHAN REER GEDO starting 1991 (
-They will be called that by other Marehan who may be present in Gedo in 1991 like Wagardhac or reer Dalal from Caabudwaq

-Yet unlike Reer Axmed and Cali Hussein above, not all of Hawlraarsame or reer Siyaad migrated.
-You still have Hawlraarsame in Caabudwaaq who never joined the Guri migration
-You also still have reer Siyaad (like my family) in Balanbale area who who never joined the Galti migration
-Descendents of families from them (like myself) who ended up in Gedo in 1991 were MAREHAN REER MUDUG
-We would be called this by our close kin who were Galti reer Siyaad or Guri Hawlraarsame

Due to the civil war circumstances and primarily AL ITIHAD - SNF War (Al Itihad received bulk of their support from reer Guri and SNF from Galti and reer Mudug), these cultural identifiers became weaponized.

But the people who try to use these cultural differences with intellectual laziness now make all of us Marehan chuckle.

For example, reer Axmed were the strongest GALTI force and reer Hassan the strongest GURI force in northern Gedo.

They were bitter enemies with Reer Axmed led by Xasan Deer and Reer Hassan by Ali Nuur with Mohamud Sayid Aden.

Today, you have Guri/rer Hassan Mohamud Sayid Aden in cohoots with Galti/rer Axmed Janan.

And who was standing to the right of Mohamud?

Galti/rer Axmed Xasan Deer's son (head of Jubbaland"NISA") WITH Xasan Deer having been the guy commanding battles against Mohamud in the 90's.

Like Saddam told you, even look at Buurdhuubo, Garbahaarey and Baardheere.

Galti/Reer Ugaas Shermaarke led by Fartaag are in cohoots with Guri/Rer Hassan Mohamud supporting Madoobe while Galti/reer Siyaad in Garbahaaray and Guri/reer Hassan in Buurdhuubo are staunchly anti-Madoobe.

These people don't understand what they are talking about.
ok sxb thanks shedding light on this. then its not reer guri vs reer galti if some reer guri depanding on the deegaan are anti-madoobe. see i respect the local view i seek correction isntead of persisting some thing am totally ignorant of.

my general idea on Gedo is that some r pro sahalists/"qabiilists" pro a Darod Jubaland like aw libaax bc faroole backed him and southren ahlussuna to represent ahlusunna in the road map and turkey conferences instead of the powerful central ahlussuna or the Xamar ahlusunna he was one of saxiixayaasha JL i dont mean that mx was against its formation but he was against Hassan Sh and pro Kismaayo shir that elected madobe even IGAD used his signature markii wafdiga indhoindhaynta u soo direen kismaanyo during the talks in addis ababa. the other thing i know was ahmed madobe allocating monthly money for Janan from the port also ilay was supporting him and it was the only gedo town madoobe visited it for a while. reer hassan sound like they r much bigger besides they spread in ethiopia so they wanna represent Gedo. this guy make a good thread about them. to be honest your gedo situation seems like abit HG situation where each subclan looks after its own interests.

these r my talking points. this war is not about ahmed JL election rather controlling gedo and buaale so a pro Farmaajo JL federal mps can be elected in these cities while madobe is isolated in Kismaayo.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:58 am

Sahal,

I respect you being Anti Farmaajo if you so choose. As Somali citizens its our right to like or dislike who we choose. I’m glad though at least you realized the hypocrisy of some of the opposition, didn’t expect that from you honestly. Yes when it was realized Farmaajo doesn’t care about Sahalist BS, and wants to exert Governmental influence over everyone regardless of clan they took it personal many of the opposition.

On another note I think this has really frustrated Farmaajo’s political rivals that will run against him for Presidency. They would have LOVED for Farmaajo to be loved and known as a Sahalist by Daroods, so they could say hey look he’s just a clan stooge but they can’t. As a result Farmaajo has some supporters from Hawiye, D&M, Darood. Btw every Dhulbahante, Warsangeli in my area are die hard N&N supporters, so even most of Harti he has their support :lol:

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:42 am

Sahal,

I respect you being Anti Farmaajo if you so choose. As Somali citizens its our right to like or dislike who we choose. I’m glad though at least you realized the hypocrisy of some of the opposition, didn’t expect that from you honestly. Yes when it was realized Farmaajo doesn’t care about Sahalist BS, and wants to exert Governmental influence over everyone regardless of clan they took it personal many of the opposition.

On another note I think this has really frustrated Farmaajo’s political rivals that will run against him for Presidency. They would have LOVED for Farmaajo to be loved and known as a Sahalist by Daroods, so they could say hey look he’s just a clan stooge but they can’t. As a result Farmaajo has some supporters from Hawiye, D&M, Darood. Btw every Dhulbahante, Warsangeli in my area are die hard N&N supporters, so even most of Harti he has their support :lol:
kkkk i was like wtf he is talking about when ever you mention opposition bc they were already against Farmaajo what im talking about is a people who supported him against xamar politicians, jawaari, hirshabelle, some federalist mjs changed when it was the time of galmudug and southwest known that they will be the next. i know alot of anti farmaajo leelkase i will pm you their social media accounts. dhulbahante and warsangali are abit different. max and dhulbahante see mj as some kind of hiraab darood but there r some darodist dhuloos portion who r against "xamar/hawiye invading JL" one guy from canada i get to know him through ahmed gure HOL owner who lives there. dont forget famaajo mother is dhulbahante.
i have seen very darodist leelkase who r pro madobe bc he gave them one seat.

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:55 pm

It seems reer guri are divided. Half support nabad iyo nolol while the other half supports Janan. Reer xassan are pro Nabad iyo nolol, half Cali dheere supports nabad iyo nolol led by guddomiyaha beled xaawo. Reer axmed supports janan.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:21 pm

It seems reer guri are divided. Half support nabad iyo nolol while the other half supports Janan. Reer xassan are pro Nabad iyo nolol, half Cali dheere supports nabad iyo nolol led by guddomiyaha beled xaawo. Reer axmed supports janan.

You're so wrong it's funny my brother. Janan doesn't have the FULL support of Reer Ahmed and as the situation is unfolding with Kenya. He won't even have WHOLE support either. Cali Dheere support N&N. There isn't half as you put. Reer Gedo aren't divided as our enemies wish to be. The warlords including my uncle Ina Sayid have no support with the shacab. Reer Gedo are pissed at Kenya and the MX civil war is over since the early 2000s.

Here is Cali Dheere welcoming the SNA and slaughtering xoolo for our troops with the DC of Luuq who is Reer Hassan

Cali Dheere AKA Ali "Dheere" Boqor Mohamed Daud, the direct descendants of the last UNIVERSALLY RECOGNIZED king of Darood, Boqor Mohamed Daud:

http://www.abtirsi.com/view.php?person=345

When it comes to external threats, MX put aside their differences and wage war. What is new with us is that we have traitors like Janan and Ina Sayid today. That was never part of our dhaqan. As you seen the governor of Gedo threatened Kenya. MX today is united. Today is the day I prayed for 8yrs. So my brother. Take my advice don't listen to other Daroods. They fear a strong MX. That means a strong Abgaal and a strong Konfuur.

:smugruss:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.