Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sahal, etc don't understand AUDIENCE VS. CONSTITUENT.

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Sahal, etc don't understand AUDIENCE VS. CONSTITUENT.

Postby Voltage » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 am

I read the topic "Maqane Statement" and it suddenly hit me the guy doesn't understand audience vs. constituent.

This is incredible because not knowing the difference is like knowing that a pair of shoes goes on your body, but you don't know if it goes on your head, your arms, or your feet.

Once before I explained the difference;
There is something called Constituent vs. AUDIENCE in people politics.

Constituent: All the members here with log ins
Audience: All readers brought here by interest

A constituent can be part of the audience, but the audience is not always a constituent.

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 0#p4975252
I will use two examples about US/UN statements on Gedo that always makes me smile ironically:

1. Beled-Xaawo clashes and US/UN release statements decrying the effect of the war, there should be rule of law, and need for "pulling back" from conflict. etc.

Audience: Farmaajo is criticized for sending troops and CREATING conflict, he caused humanitarian problems. He was told to get troops out of Gedo.

Constituents: Kenya should deescalate immediately, do not move across the border. Remember that you actively harbor an international outlaw which no one has pointed out publicly. Finally, humanitarian situation exists which should not be exercebated by anyone.

Basically, the audience hears YOUR FAULT but the constituents hear FREEZE/STOP NOW, DO NOT CROSS BORDER WITH KDF.

2. I will use another UN/Donor statement that made me chuckle because of audience vs. constituent difference.

It has to do with the recent statement from UN that included Gedo MPs voting issues should be resolved all parties.

Audience hears: There are problems with Marehan MPs, Gedo is being fought over President Farmaajo and Ahmed Madoobe, how are they voting there.

Constituent hears: All the Jubbaland clans ORIGINALLY told to vote in Kismaayo who have said NO should be resolved to their satisfaction. If it cannot be resolved, then they should be moved to Gedo as they have expressed.

Do you see how important the meaning of something is between "everyone who hears" and "who is spoken to."

There are no issues with Marehans about their MPs, there is not a single sub-clan of Marehan that disagreed, there is no argument inside Gedo about where the location is and how it is happening.

The only thing that changed is the refusal of other clans to vote in Kismaayo who have been speaking loudly saying they want to be switched to Gedo. Now this issue is still playing hot under the radar and WHY they don't want to vote in Kismaayo is controversial to address by the Donors---so instead of identifying the issues with Kismaayo, they simply essentially say "interest has been expressed to have MORE clans voting in Gedo and Madoobe/Jubbaland must accept this fact."

So " audience" immediately assumed/thought there are problems with Marehan and Gedo is being contested by Farmaajo/Feds and Madoobe/Jub.

But really, the constituents being spoken to are

1. Jub clans who have expressed desire to move (their refusal/concern has been recognized)
2. Madoobe who has tried to ignore them (he is told to engage them now quietly before things get out of hand)

And all of this is done by simply identifying "Gedo MPs are unresolved."

The recognition of the reality is why Madoobe took the drastic step of trying to delegetimize the entire Election happening altogether and why the Gedo Admin now advocates "all of Jubbaland Vote should happen in Gedo."

Audience vs Constituency is probably more important than any other understanding when trying to effectively understand communication outside of 1-on-1.

Almost 80% of what someone here wrongfully concludes about international statements is due to this misunderstanding.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: Sahal, etc don't understand AUDIENCE VS. CONSTITUENT.

Postby Voltage » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:23 pm

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 0&t=401999

An excellent example of this:

The recent US Embassy ststement "no partial elections"

1. To Sahal et all ("Audience") this is a warning to Gov in an otherwise completely anti-spoilers statement

2. To the "Constituency" (Election authorities) the TWO (2) ENTITIES OUT OF EIGHT (8) ENTITIES WHO SIGNED SEPTEMBER AGREEMENT AND DID NOT YET START ELECTIONS HAVE REACHED A DEADEND.

So while they think this is about the groups who started elections, it is actually saying after we have looked into everything, the two groups who have not joined are found to be without merit and there is no option going forward but to start this as quickly as possible.

Caytame
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caytame » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Ok. Mr. Harvard aka Mr. I alone understand everything.

:lol:

oh yeah
14 days left for your messiah and beledxaawho fell tonight.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:59 pm

So Grandpa asked this question;

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 5#p4997384
Grandpa, we are all under the impression Villa Somalia hax totally ended all participation in talks ---but rhete is a reason for my second to last point thar says teol Deni and Madoobe to come.

I was looking for the exact US response to judge ro what extent I believed there was leveraging at work.

IMO there is leveraging at work here that says all of this was done to compel Deni and Madoobe to immediately participate and do so differently understanding how strongly bthe world sees it.
This is a crossroads in Somali governance Farmaajo must not cave in under the pressure. If in the event sanctions are placed I wonder against who?

Grandpa the warnings contained in the "leveraging" are classive audience vs constituency examples;

The Audience (Everyone listening) hears: FARMAAJO AND FED GOVERNMENT ARE OUTSIDE THE LAW, IF THEY CROSS THE REDLINE, THEY WILL BE SANCTIONED!

The Constituency (Election group including Deni/Madobe & Madasha): STOP. ANY ESCALATION IN RESPONSE (PARALLEL ADMINISTRATION) WILL BE DEEMED SERIOUS OFFENSE AGAINST STANDING ORDER. IMMEDIATELY COME BACK TO THE TABLE AND CONCLUDE THE SEPTEMBER AGREEMENT.

Grandpa, the rule of thumb about "warnings" is they must come "before" the redline is crossed.

There were 3 redlines; No extension, No partial elections, and No parallel government.

But extension has now passed parliament. IT "EXISTS."

There is nothing else that needs to be done to make it "exist." No further action, no ceremony, not even any symbolism.

It just "EXISTS" by LAW the moment it PASSED Parliament and Farmaajo signed it.

You can't tell warn against something as a deterrent after the fact. It is like warning someone about stealing right after you have observed them to have stolen---pardon the example.

Basically, there can't be a "WARNING" of "sanctions AFTER the redline of extension has been crossed. It's irrelevant---extension now exists a legal matter. What else do they need to do to realize the threat of sanctions when they have to do nothing else to make the redline crossed exist.

WHAT HAS NOT BEEN CROSSED, HOWEVER, IS PARTIAL ELECTIONS AND PARALLEL GOVERNMENT.

Passing extension makes either of those issues outside the interest of the Farmaajo side.

What is left is Madasha and Deni/Madoobe who could attempt to respond to thr government by cross any of the remaining redlines.

So the referencing of WARNING is essentially "freeze" and "de-escalate" to the side that is relevant to escalation or carrying out retaliation.

With the point about leverage---leverage is shoring up a weakpoint or spot to intensify that reflexive powers impacted by that weakness.

So if our hands are too weak for a task, we leverage tools..if a problem isn't physical, we leverage our intelligence.

For the IC to bear down as strongly as possible on freezing any escalation by the other side, they have to shore up the perception they are "weak" on Farmaajo.

Do you get it?

It is like a parent teaching disclpline to an unruly child---for the parent to be fully authoritative over the child, the parent has to similarly admonish the better behaved child as an example for slight offensies that otherwise you wouldn't normally.

Sometimes you will wink at the better behaved kid saying "this is just for them, you can have some of that ice cream when I put this one to sleep.."

The more authority they want to express over Deni and Madoobe in finally endjng their shenanigans in the face of elections, they more " directness" we observe towards the government in these press releases which audience vs constituency easily shows you is not addressed to the government.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 am

Ok. Mr. Harvard aka Mr. I alone understand everything.

:lol:

oh yeah
14 days left for your messiah and beledxaawho fell tonight.
Blast from the past. Apparently Beled-Xaawo fell and Farmaajo was deposed months ago.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:03 am

So Grandpa asked this question;

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 5#p4997384
Grandpa, we are all under the impression Villa Somalia hax totally ended all participation in talks ---but rhete is a reason for my second to last point thar says teol Deni and Madoobe to come.

I was looking for the exact US response to judge ro what extent I believed there was leveraging at work.

IMO there is leveraging at work here that says all of this was done to compel Deni and Madoobe to immediately participate and do so differently understanding how strongly bthe world sees it.
This is a crossroads in Somali governance Farmaajo must not cave in under the pressure. If in the event sanctions are placed I wonder against who?

Grandpa the warnings contained in the "leveraging" are classive audience vs constituency examples;

The Audience (Everyone listening) hears: FARMAAJO AND FED GOVERNMENT ARE OUTSIDE THE LAW, IF THEY CROSS THE REDLINE, THEY WILL BE SANCTIONED!

The Constituency (Election group including Deni/Madobe & Madasha): STOP. ANY ESCALATION IN RESPONSE (PARALLEL ADMINISTRATION) WILL BE DEEMED SERIOUS OFFENSE AGAINST STANDING ORDER. IMMEDIATELY COME BACK TO THE TABLE AND CONCLUDE THE SEPTEMBER AGREEMENT.

Grandpa, the rule of thumb about "warnings" is they must come "before" the redline is crossed.

There were 3 redlines; No extension, No partial elections, and No parallel government.

But extension has now passed parliament. IT "EXISTS."

There is nothing else that needs to be done to make it "exist." No further action, no ceremony, not even any symbolism.

It just "EXISTS" by LAW the moment it PASSED Parliament and Farmaajo signed it.

You can't tell warn against something as a deterrent after the fact. It is like warning someone about stealing right after you have observed them to have stolen---pardon the example.

Basically, there can't be a "WARNING" of "sanctions AFTER the redline of extension has been crossed. It's irrelevant---extension now exists a legal matter. What else do they need to do to realize the threat of sanctions when they have to do nothing else to make the redline crossed exist.

WHAT HAS NOT BEEN CROSSED, HOWEVER, IS PARTIAL ELECTIONS AND PARALLEL GOVERNMENT.

Passing extension makes either of those issues outside the interest of the Farmaajo side.

What is left is Madasha and Deni/Madoobe who could attempt to respond to thr government by cross any of the remaining redlines.

So the referencing of WARNING is essentially "freeze" and "de-escalate" to the side that is relevant to escalation or carrying out retaliation.

With the point about leverage---leverage is shoring up a weakpoint or spot to intensify that reflexive powers impacted by that weakness.

So if our hands are too weak for a task, we leverage tools..if a problem isn't physical, we leverage our intelligence.

For the IC to bear down as strongly as possible on freezing any escalation by the other side, they have to shore up the perception they are "weak" on Farmaajo.

Do you get it?

It is like a parent teaching disclpline to an unruly child---for the parent to be fully authoritative over the child, the parent has to similarly admonish the better behaved child as an example for slight offensies that otherwise you wouldn't normally.

Sometimes you will wink at the better behaved kid saying "this is just for them, you can have some of that ice cream when I put this one to sleep.."

The more authority they want to express over Deni and Madoobe in finally endjng their shenanigans in the face of elections, they more " directness" we observe towards the government in these press releases which audience vs constituency easily shows you is not addressed to the government.
:ohhh: it all makes sense now, the US wants to prevent Madasha/Deni and Madoobe from declaring a parallel government. Now I understand

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:31 am

:ohhh: it all makes sense now, the US wants to prevent Madasha/Deni and Madoobe from declaring a parallel government. Now I understand
Absolutely

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.