Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Confederalism in action?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Confederalism in action?

Postby BigBreak » Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 am

So called Puntland banning Indian citizens from entering the territory they control despite immigration being one of the policies that is exclusively vested for the federal government according to article 54 of Somalia's constitution

I'm not stating whether this is a good or bad thing

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Re: Confederalism in action?

Postby Nomand » Wed May 12, 2021 7:54 am

does the ban that puntland implemented effect laascanood, badhan, laasqoray, tuqarak, buhoodle and goldobog?

puntland claims all those cities but can't enforce anything does that mean inside puntland itself there is confederalism ?

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Wed May 12, 2021 8:01 am

does the ban that puntland implemented effect laascanood, badhan, laasqoray, tuqarak, buhoodle and goldobog?

puntland claims all those cities but can't enforce anything does that mean inside puntland itself there is confederalism ?
Nomand so called Puntland claims territory that doesn't belong to it and they are the only state in Somalia that has clan borders. Article 54 of Somalia's constitution gives exclusive powers to the federal government over four policies one of which is immigration and citizenship

PL is a joke claiming land they don't control and also saying we are not secessionist but doesn't allow the federal government to have any kind of control over them (unless dhabyaco is the president of Somalia perhaps)

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Wed May 12, 2021 8:20 am

Puntland does not was to secede because it a desert with nothing going for it other then printing fake money and living off Aid.

now jubbaland if it secedes would be very rich. fertile land with permanent rivers, border with 2 countries and a huge population. jubbaland got the least amount aid from the donor countries or even from the Somali government.

but back to the ban puntland has implemented, it's all hogwash there is no international flights that land anywhere near puntland, they can't enforce something that does not exist.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Wed May 12, 2021 8:46 am

That's a good observation Nomand. I actually don't care about the internal affairs of Somalia since it's not my country but I think there should be a grand national conference between the government, the opposition and all FMS to decide once and for all the type of political system you guys will have that will be beneficial to all Somalia citizens

Brother Sahal do you think that article 54 of Somalia's federal constitution should be changed so that all powers including defence and foreign affairs be given to only the FMSs
i

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Wed May 12, 2021 9:12 am

That's a good observation Nomand. I actually don't care about the internal affairs of Somalia since it's not my country but I think there should be a grand national conference between the government, the opposition and all FMS to decide once and for all the type of political system you guys will have that will be beneficial to all Somalia citizens
things have to start from ground up, you have Madoobe that claims he represents jubbaland but only controls with kenyan help only two towns kismaayo and afmadow. then you have deni who only controls MJ areas. even people like qoor qoor, guudlaawe only control their subclans or sections of their subclans.

if somalia wants peace it needs to start from towns then deegaan and then degmo. Not from top down.

does guudlaawe for example represent or fight for the rights of bantu's in jowhar? does qoor qoor represent the people of caabudwaaq ? does deni represent the people of laascanood?

All of that is NO, so FMS meeting with SFG won't solve anything since most FMS don't even control 70 percent of the territories they claim.

i will give you an example, Qoor Qoor when he needs to make tough decisions only consults his subclan the so called VP has no say and the so called parliament has no say.

when Qoor Qoor agreed to the 17 september agreement did the galmudug parliament have any say whatsoever? if Qoor Qoor tomorrow says we will go for 1m1v does the galmudug parliament have any say?

has anything that qoor qoor done gone through galmudug parliament?

i am not picking on qoor qoor alone this is the same for deni,guudlaawe, laftagareen and madoobe.

so why does it matter if x clan has this number of seats in for example in jubbaland parliament if the jubbaland parliament has no power whatsoever.

the parliament is the voice of the people and if the parliament has no voice the people have no voice.therefore FMS does not represent the people which is why al shabaab are in control of vast areas and which is why laasacanood is not part of puntland.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:24 am

PL is free but regarless of this topic we r gonna adopt some characteristics of a confederation we r heading to the political system of a Confederation. JL and PL will keep the pm post along with enjoying Special Status that will allow them to host diplomatic representations and have foreign relations and sign contracts!

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed May 12, 2021 9:39 am

Send the Indians to Gedo, lately they have been coming and touring there for investments. We need more

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 am

PL is free but regarless of this topic we r gonna adopt some characteristics of a confederation we r heading to the political system of a Confederation. JL and PL will keep the pm post along with enjoying Special Status that will allow them to host diplomatic representations and have foreign relations and sign contracts!
Interesting development. I'd like Ogaden to become PM someone like Halane

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Wed May 12, 2021 9:41 am

things have to start from ground up, you have Madoobe that claims he represents jubbaland but only controls with kenyan help only two towns kismaayo and afmadow. then you have deni who only controls MJ areas. even people like qoor qoor, guudlaawe only control their subclans or sections of their subclans.

if somalia wants peace it needs to start from towns then deegaan and then degmo. Not from top down.

does guudlaawe for example represent or fight for the rights of bantu's in jowhar? does qoor qoor represent the people of caabudwaaq ? does deni represent the people of laascanood?

All of that is NO, so FMS meeting with SFG won't solve anything since most FMS don't even control 70 percent of the territories they claim.

i will give you an example, Qoor Qoor when he needs to make tough decisions only consults his subclan the so called VP has no say and the so called parliament has no say.

when Qoor Qoor agreed to the 17 september agreement did the galmudug parliament have any say whatsoever? if Qoor Qoor tomorrow says we will go for 1m1v does the galmudug parliament have any say?

i am not picking on qoor qoor alone this is the same for deni,guudlaawe, laftagareen and madoobe.

so why does it matter if x clan has this number of seats in for example in jubbaland parliament if the jubbaland parliament has no power whatsoever.

the parliament is the voice of the people and if the parliament has no voice the people have no voice.therefore FMS does not represent the people which is why al shabaab are in control of vast areas and which is why laasacanood is not part of puntland.
Interesting, thanks

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Wed May 12, 2021 10:42 am

The illegitimate federal government doesn’t even control Mogadishu as was recently demonstrated and you are talking about puntland? When there is a legitimate federal government then we can discuss devolution of power with memeber states including Somaliland. Unfortunately because of farmaajo’s ineptitude, Somalia is back in a transitional phase until the next government. He’s government is no different than the tng government of abdiqasim. Puntland has moved forward despite farmaajo’ unsuccessful attempts to destabilize the state. In fact Puntland recently announced local elections, is doing a good job dealing with COVID-19 which is why this ban was announced . Imagine what can be accomplished with a federal government that respects the constitution.

The only thing holding Somalia back are a certain group who have been used to handouts and have no concept of building their own regions. They want everyone to be in a miserable state like them.

Kees70
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kees70 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:01 pm

kkkk waxaan uu maleyaa inaad ka quusatey Jubaland :lol:

Dont Worry unlike Jubaland the Galmudug State will treat its Denizens with Cadaalad insha'allahi so long they the denizens respect the Authorities that are HG.

Galmudug=HG,

Kaftaan kabacdi, Somalia is clearly heading to Confederations and with this adopted system of governance it too will have its downsides and one of those downsides are the inevitable clashes of wars that will occur by example, Jubland Power-struggle, Hirshabelle power-struggle, and Puntland VS Galmudug for Northern Mudug. and Puntland VS Somaliland for Sool and Sanaag these clashes without a doubt will occur until there is an clear winner (and losers) for total regional control of dominance.

This Map below says it all on why aforementioned clashes will occur in certain states as they all vie for total control in their respective states;

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed May 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Somalia won’t calm down until MXs say so! We’ll burn the country to the ground if we don’t get our way. Qaran dumis MX is more dangerous than Qaran Dhis MX

:win:

Shantabaq

Postby Shantabaq » Wed May 12, 2021 3:49 pm

Madobe aya luqunta in istagay. Wa wax fician.

Your people control 3 barely habitable towns with the help of thousands of ethiopian and kenyan troops.

Without them, the mx alshabab would return to take over.

Stop lying and focusing on jubbaland and kdf, lets talk about the thousands of injirley who have been free to mate with reer gedo since 1996

Shantabaq

Postby Shantabaq » Wed May 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Somalia won’t calm down until MXs say so! We’ll burn the country to the ground if we don’t get our way. Qaran dumis MX is more dangerous than Qaran Dhis MX

:win:
You were almost chased out of xamar and yoir president almost lynched in less than 8 hours.

Wale nimankan reer afweyne booto moye wax kale mesha kuma hayan.

What can you destroy when you are on life support and the whole Somali people are waiting to settle scores for what you did since 2017?

May I remind you that mx are a small clan who live in the barren parts of gedo and a tiny section of galgudud, who have always lived on the blood of the D block.

I think mx will learn tough lessons before the year ends.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.