Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Amhara prophecy that is destabilizing Ethiopia, the “awaited 8th king”

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The Amhara prophecy that is destabilizing Ethiopia, the “awaited 8th king”

Postby Gubbet » Tue May 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Zidane, that's like asking why is there no milk for your morning tea WHEN YOU DIDN'T BUY MILK THE NIGHT BEFORE.

Excepting the Ciise (as the involved entity in ant situation is a participant), what ever other response was a State response.

If the Somali Region Paramilitary force is not diverse or representative, you have only to look at the history of inclusion and shared ownership of DDSI governing institutions.

I mean the base of this is Liyu Police made by Iley and Zenewi.

Liyu Police was exclusive ,it wasn't even just Ogadeni, but Ogadenis from sub-clans and jufooyin without "assumed" loyalties to ONLF, etc.

You can't literally invest all state investment for defence in such an exclusive subset but then question why only an exclusive subset carrying out the responsibilities of that investment.

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Gubbet. You get the wrong end of the stick. When attacks happen in rural areas ( regional frontiers) Liyu police reach there late as reinforcement. It is the civilians who get the brunt of the first wave. But After that is when our differences with other ethnics surfaces.

Example, Oromos, and Afars, come from far away places as reinforcement supporting their police and communities as a whole whereas Somalis are different when it comes to war. Awaday, chinacsane, Baabile ( near jigjiga) area when confrontation with Somalis arises Oromos come from Bali and Shewa for support.

It is not only manpower support but livestock, food, money etc. What's that got to do with who's in liyu police? I don't want mention them but there were a Somali clans in DDS who had been supporting the Oromos during their conflict with Somalis. Arming the frontier civilians is a tactic used by both Oromo and Afars.
Ethiopia caught a Land-grab fever, and it is the armed civilians doing the dirty work followed by local liyu and the federal army as mediators but assisting non-Somalis. The fighting between:
Benishangul vs gumuz
AHmara VS Oromo
Ahmara VS Tigre
S-Nations Vs Oromo
all are armed civilians backed by local liyuu.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's Somalis supporting Afars as they did with Oromos specially those around the area.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed May 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Somalis wil be powerful the moment they unite and put clan aside. But when will that happen only Allah knows. For now we just weak and pathetic no matter what region we hail from.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Wed May 19, 2021 8:04 pm

The Amhara and others for hundreds of years have plotted in ruling the Horn of Africa.

This is not a new thing but will a quest for them till the end of time.

As a clan or ethnic group you must practice Lebensraum to thrive.

Don’t limit yourself to a triangle but look to the sea

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed May 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Gubbet. You get the wrong end of the stick. When attacks happen in rural areas ( regional frontiers) Liyu police reach there late as reinforcement. It is the civilians who get the brunt of the first wave. But After that is when our differences with other ethnics surfaces.

Example, Oromos, and Afars, come from far away places as reinforcement supporting their police and communities as a whole whereas Somalis are different when it comes to war. Awaday, chinacsane, Baabile ( near jigjiga) area when confrontation with Somalis arises Oromos come from Bali and Shewa for support.

It is not only manpower support but livestock, food, money etc. What's that got to do with who's in liyu police? I don't want mention them but there were a Somali clans in DDS who had been supporting the Oromos during their conflict with Somalis. Arming the frontier civilians is a tactic used by both Oromo and Afars.
Ethiopia caught a Land-grab fever, and it is the armed civilians doing the dirty work followed by local liyu and the federal army as mediators but assisting non-Somalis. The fighting between:
Benishangul vs gumuz
AHmara VS Oromo
Ahmara VS Tigre
S-Nations Vs Oromo
all are armed civilians backed by local liyuu.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's Somalis supporting Afars as they did with Oromos specially those around the area.
1 i dont think you understood my point.

2. And more lllqimportantly I don't think you understand the concept systematic governmental attributes.

There is a lot of reearch about DDSI for what I said as an explanation for that outcome in DDSI.

Rule of thumb, you leafn more about what you support when you read critical research about it.

Your response is like talk about "ayuuto/hagbad" in the Somali community in a discussion about US Social Security problems.

Ughhh, we are talking about systems here and a governmental systemic function.

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:26 am

Gubbet. Ethiopia had never had a system of governancy based on democracy and fair elections. There is no functioning system in Ethiopia right now. They are only surviving with the West's dollars to pay the army. The minute it stops there'll be no federal army.

Ethiopia had Kingdoms, military, pseudo-democracy rule- all based on bloodshed and subjugation of Majority ethnics with the help of west. Survival of the fittest, What kind of governancy are you talking about?

Abiye created puppets in his cabinet, regional presidents, generals in the army wishing to follow TPLF route. Voltage,You try to sound intellect but we can detect a bit resentment about the plight of DDS since you've no stake there.

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Fri May 21, 2021 6:31 am

Gubbet. Ethiopia had never had a system of governancy based on democracy and fair elections. There is no functioning system in Ethiopia right now. They are only surviving with the West's dollars to pay the army. The minute it stops there'll be no federal army.

Ethiopia had Kingdoms, military, pseudo-democracy rule- all based on bloodshed and subjugation of Majority ethnics with the help of west. Survival of the fittest, What kind of governancy are you talking about?

Abiye created puppets in his cabinet, regional presidents, generals in the army wishing to follow TPLF route. Voltage,You try to sound intellect but we can detect a bit resentment about the plight of DDS since you've no stake there.
As a person who's subclan actually live in Hawd, I'll tell you why other clans are not really capable or supportive of forming a united front against other ethnicities encroaching on Somali territory.

Take the Isaaq clan for example, we only live in regions adjacent to Somaliland and the vast majority of Isaaq in Ethiopia are not urbanites, but nomadic. In my humble opinion the reasons why the Isaaq as a whole do not really participate in DDSI is as follows:

1. We only border Somalis in Ethiopia so do not feel threatened by Oromos, Afars... Etc.
2. For some dumb reason, when reer Miyi Isaaq migrate to urban areas they do not move to Jigjiga, instead they just cross the border and either move to Hargeisa or Burco, even from places as far as Afars and Danood.
3. The brutal regime of Ina Iley, used the Liyu Police to massacre Isaaq villagers in the past without provocation, and this has created resentment towards the state institutions such as the Liyu police, resulting in less recruitment.
4. We already have previously sacrificed countless wealth and lives im the struggle against Ethiopian occupation in 1977 and 1964 wars, more than so than any other Somali clan, only to be back stabbed and labelled as Somali-diid.

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:04 pm

Grumpy Geeljire, your resentment has hardly have any effect on Iley's subclan since they live next to Habar Yoonis (Qoraxay region). They neither have border with Oromo nor Afar. His next of Kin, amaadin, maalinguur, aadan khayr, and Shishoore live in (nogob and Erer) region have a border with Oromo and not an inch of these land has been taken. If you know the area well you would have known the demograph.

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Fri May 21, 2021 1:07 pm

Grumpy Geeljire, your resentment has hardly have any effect on Iley's subclan since they live next to Habar Yoonis (Qoraxay region). They neither have border with Oromo nor Afar. His next of Kin, amaadin, maalinguur, aadan khayr, and Shishoore live in (nogob and Erer) region have a border with Oromo and not an inch of these land has been taken. If you know the area well you would have known the demograph.
Please read carefully saaxib :lol:

I'm explaining to you the reer Hawd Isaaq over there resent the Liyu Police, I wasn't speaking for myself. The Ogaden who border the Oromos are doing a good job though, I'll give them that :up:

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Fri May 21, 2021 2:28 pm

I'm explaining to you the reer Hawd Isaaq over there resent the Liyu Police, I wasn't speaking for myself. The Ogaden who border the Oromos are doing a good job though, I'll give them that :up:
Grumpy, everyone resent the Liyu including OGs the way they treated people during Iley era but when other ethnicticies involved we've to stand united.
Remember the war between Jaarso and Geri of Iley era 30 something Isaaqs were killed in Awaday. When non-Somalis attack Somalis they don't ask which clan they are. There's well known saying in ahmaric "shiritaam shirtaamnow Zaraafi" meaning Sarong-wearers are the same destroy them. :lol:

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Fri May 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Grumpy, everyone resent the Liyu including OGs the way they treated people during Iley era but when other ethnicticies involved we've to stand united.
Remember the war between Jaarso and Geri of Iley era 30 something Isaaqs were killed in Awaday. When non-Somalis attack Somalis they don't ask which clan they are. There's well known saying in ahmaric "shiritaam shirtaamnow Zaraafi" meaning Sarong-wearers are the same destroy them. :lol:
I couldn't have said better myself :up: Unfortunately, our people seem short-sighted and will not act until it is too late and the land is stolen from under their noses :tocry:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.