Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advice

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Advice

Postby FarhanYare » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 am

Job offer at a remote small town. Population 50k roughly, nearest city 3.5hrs away. Pay pretty good 13k more than am getting now. I am going back and forth about the decision and in the process stringing along the company and the recruitment agency. My main concern is if I take it, I know I won't last maximum 2yrs in that town. I would simply be bored due to being away so far from family.. I feel like I should take it. Am torn :clap:

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Advice

Postby paperino » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:42 am

Go for it. A town/city of 50k population would have clean air and much less pollution. If you aren't into partying, higher socializing, or can't live without bulsho, then this lifestyle shouldn't bore you. Personally, I would avoid a city with over 500k population, primarily due to pollution & proliferation of diseases.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Go for it. A town/city of 50k population would have clean air and much less pollution. If you aren't into partying, higher socializing, or can't live without bulsho, then this lifestyle shouldn't bore you. Personally, I would avoid a city with over 500k population, primarily due to pollution & proliferation of diseases.
Am not a party person nor a social person hence why i find dadka aan la shaqeeyo irritating as fuck :lol: . To be honest am just scared i might be jumping straight outta the frying pan into an oven. By that i mean, what if the coworkers are toxic :? ? I didn't just leave a country for another toxic mess. Am also not sure if i see myself living there for a long time and second guessing if am inadvertently sending alarm bells to future employers with my fourth job in a span of six years if i don't end up remaining in the position for a solid 3-4 years.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm

If i take it which is most certainly looks like, i would have to be imprisoned into the tuulo for a solid 3 years even if is toxic as hell to stabilize my record of job hopping :lol: .

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:22 am

If i take it which is most certainly looks like, i would have to be imprisoned into the tuulo for a solid 3 years even if is toxic as hell to stabilize my record of job hopping :lol: .
Dealing with toxic coworkers is part of life. The solution can't be avoiding or skipping a prospective job for them.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:11 am

Dealing with toxic coworkers is part of life. The solution can't be avoiding or skipping a prospective job for them.
I took the tuulo job offer only because I absolutely can't stand some of my undisciplined current soon to be coworkers. The boss is secretly elated that am going because I went to HR to expose the toxic environment but decided against full written report to hr detailing the scale of toxity. So he is ecstatic because the no bs taker is going lol.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:42 am

I took the tuulo job offer only because I absolutely can't stand some of my undisciplined current soon to be coworkers. The boss is secretly elated that am going because I went to HR to expose the toxic environment but decided against full written report to hr detailing the scale of toxity. So he is ecstatic because the no bs taker is going lol.
Good decision. Focus on doing the job for next few years.

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:26 am

:up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.