Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will the Turkish drones win the battle in Abey's favour? TPLF has lost a lot of territory!

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Will the Turkish drones win the battle in Abey's favour? TPLF has lost a lot of territory!

Postby sahal80 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Damn WTF!
The Turkish intervention in Libya changed its map and ended the presence of General Haftar in the capital and today its drones are hunting TPLF which made them withdraw from the cities to the mountains. Not only Turkey, the UAE Drones are also bombing them and satellite surveillance support from China. was Abiy waiting for all these drones to arrive. :notsure: this does not mean the war has ended and is not a permanent victory but it has fucked up the TPLF strategy to capture Debre birhan and move towards AddisAbaba

Abiy troops Captured lalibela and mass TPLF withdrawals so as not to be surrounded.
Map of Lalibella. TPLF will be forced to withdraw from Dessie before Abiy captures weldiya. TPLF lost Shewa robit.

SultanOrder

Re: Will the Turkish drones win the battle in Abey's favour? TPLF has lost a lot of territory!

Postby SultanOrder » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:49 pm

Sahal, only you and those predicting the end of Abiy and imminent victory of tplf are surprised. Most of us knew TPLF had no chance.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Will the Turkish drones win the battle in Abey's favour? TPLF has lost a lot of territory!

Postby Murax » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:00 pm

I hope it’s a stalemate where nobody ever wins. That would be a win for Somalia.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Abiy has no Good army you got only Amhara and Afar militias. this shift has to do with the Turkish and UAE aerial bombardment support so the Question is for how long will this support continue they just provide him drones and it costs him alot.

secondly the capture of Gashena was a game changer. It is located at an important crossroads as you can see on the map. all these villages in the Ethiopia map was retaken by abiy without war. The Turkish beyraq drones destroyed the TPLF defenses so they withdrew from all the cities without a fight bc you cant defend them without Geshena. if Abiy does not take advantage of the situation quickly and link the Afar and Amhara regions the TPLF will regroup and return if they restore back Geshana wich is the key to all towns and villages they lost. they gonna use the same road.

Rebelxx222
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Rebelxx222 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:58 am

Tplf making new strategies. Tense moments!

Rebelxx222
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Rebelxx222 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:02 am

Although TdF withdrew from Lalibela & Gashena which is near Bahri Dar it’s some what a small loss as well as Chifra in Afar region which is a semi arid territory making TDF exposed to drones and air strikes. The other 2 territories have no strategic value and can somewhat be called “Free land”. The Main goal is to liberate Adis Ababa and cut off the Main ENDF regime communications from the Afar region.

Rebelxx222
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Rebelxx222 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:06 am

I believe the Afar region will be the hardest resistance TdF will face since Amhara troops in Wollo & Shewa have shown to be cowards and weak mercenaries when it comes to this war. If TDF keeps Afar in check & overcomes the air strikes 100 percent they win the war.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:11 am

When I hear reports of Abiy willing I say Guul TPLF. When it’s vice versa I’m like Guul Ethiopia. Abiy hasn’t interfered much in Somalia due to having his hands full with rebels. The second he gets comfortable he will turn to Somalia.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:01 am

When I hear reports of Abiy willing I say Guul TPLF. When it’s vice versa I’m like Guul Ethiopia. Abiy hasn’t interfered much in Somalia due to having his hands full with rebels. The second he gets comfortable he will turn to Somalia.
This is something I agree with you, perhaps the only thing we agree on :lol:

. I do not use the phrase of TDF because it means self-defense while I consider the TPLF aggressors and conspirators who gain the sympathy of the Christians and the West. they destroyed afar villages so bad.
TPLF is responsible

but I am against Abiy because the political system in Ethiopia will reflect on Somalia. Somalia is unstable because of Ethiopia so balkanization of Ethiopia suits Somalia but the Dictatorship lovers support Abiy because his regime will be reflected in Mogadishu. Although I would have preferred to remove Abiy he would be in a week position and the West and the TPLF want a truce to prevent the fall of the Tigray region again.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:27 am

May their conflict continue

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:53 am

The new TPLF strategy is starting negotiations as soon as possible with Western support to not chase them to their Tigray region. Turkish drones destroyed their tanks so they have no military equipment right now they also need to purchase counter drone system from egypt.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Drones are major game changers I hate the arms embargo and the West hatred of Somalia

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:29 pm

The tplf only made rapid advances due to US, UK, Sudanese, Egyptian covert support.

Now the Abiye regime is receiving foreign support they have regrouped and launched successful counter offensives.

The war will end with the tplf holed up in Tigray region.
It's unlikely Abiye will have the political will or military capability to retake Tigray.

Negotiations will be forced on Ethiopia......even though the west tried to destroy the Abiye regime......at heart they are coons and worship white Christian westerners.

It means nothing for Somalis in Somalia or Ethiopia because we are in a mess......to weak and divided to take advantage of Ethiopian weakness.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:58 pm

I hope it’s a stalemate where nobody ever wins. That would be a win for Somalia.
Let's be honest.. is Somalia in a position to exploit the situation, regardless of how it ends? Or if the war continues? Farmajo is Abiys ally too, so not sure if he and his supporters would concur with you sir?

Rebelxx222
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Rebelxx222 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:13 am

Those Turkish drones are killers damn. Tplf drew from conquered areas and have now set out for their defensive positions. A counter measure for these drones must be found or else it might get ugly :o :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.