Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rashid Abdi claimed to be Darod on Twitter, but Turb whose family is from Isiolo identifies him as "Isaaq."

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Rashid Abdi claimed to be Darod on Twitter, but Turb whose family is from Isiolo identifies him as "Isaaq."

Postby Gubbet » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:55 am

This is fundamentally a question about "integrity."

I don't like wading into discussions about Rashid Abdi's ethnic background as I don't find it productive, but this account by Turbulence brings a question about "integrity."

The man serruptitiously claimed "Darod" origins as a deflection for some having found his inappropriate "anti-Marehan" tone back during the Beled-Hawa stand off when Farmajo was President.

I recall he made that self-identification after Somalis of goodwill, some who didn't even support Farmaajo, took issue with his inappropriate "tribalistic" tone implicating him as "anti-Marehan" (the community). It was found exceedingly reprehensible particularly for an outsider who had held positions of influence regarding Somalia analysis as a researcher within organizations that were supposed to be "non-partisan" like The Crisis Group.

Turbulence here with confirmed historical background in Isiolo and parts of NFD as a scion of Somali commerce traders in northeastern Kenya identifies him from historical connection in Isiolo wherein Rashid Abdi's FAMILY were well known to be Isaaq migrants from British Somaliland to Kenya colony.

This is news to me bringing troubling questions about the man's basic integrity!
He is actually Isaaq. We know his family. My grandfather and my parents used to live in Isiolo where his family is from before they migrated from waqooyiga.
So why did he claim to be Darod? :dwill: He specifically wrote that before on Twitter. What a manipulative, hateful man!

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 5#p5039375
Last edited by Gubbet on Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Rashid Abdi claimed to be Darod on Twitter, but Turb whose family is from Isiolo identifies him as "Isaaq."

Postby Gubbet » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:13 am

Reference for the historical deflection;

The question about "integrity" really is very overwhelming in the context of this man's previously problematic expressions of "tribal" malice "always" and "only" directed at one single Somali clan-family;

The man is a scoundrel wallahi and here I actually reserved some respect for his craft inspite of always having it found in opposition to my perspective!

All this time it was just gutter manipulation!

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Rashid Abdi claimed to be Darod on Twitter, but Turb whose family is from Isiolo identifies him as "Isaaq."

Postby mahoka » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm

Gubbet has lost his mind, now he is claiming people with darod blood are isaaq.

Gunner knows his mareexan tribe will come out very bad out of this, no wonder he has been going crazy. Gunner knows dhulo will tell him to go fight his enemies now

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:19 pm

Do you understand how to read English? If you do, please write me something justifying comprehension if you will solicit my attention.

Hint: "I" never said the man is Isaaq.

Thank you.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.