Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

so are we ARABS or AFRICANS

Taariikhda Soomaaliya ee ka horeysey intaan diintu soo gaarin

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
bacliqe

so are we ARABS or AFRICANS

Postby bacliqe » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 am

which one would you prefer ppl.. personaly am not sure of either!
Last edited by bacliqe on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unclebin.

Postby Unclebin. » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:21 pm

my mother is arab so i am closer to arabs. i am practically half arab anyway.

West.London.Soldier.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby West.London.Soldier. » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:04 pm

I RATHER BE AFRICAN

COS THEM ARABS

ARE GAY Arrow

MAIIAAMINAAH?

Postby MAIIAAMINAAH? » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:24 am

West.London.Soldier.

wATCH YOUR MOUTH
Mad

bushy man

origin of somalis

Postby bushy man » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:13 pm

A difficult one.accounts in the Book of Genesis of the Bible suggest that we are descended from one of the sons of Ham, Put, who is the third son of Noah(Nuh),who migrated to the Horn of Africa,hence the name Puntland.We might have had to do with the great Civilization of Ancient Egypt,together with the Ethiopians,Eritreans,Northern Sudanese and the Berbers and Tuaregs of North Africa,whom we are considered related.Other accounts also suggest that the Watutsi of Rwanda (who colonised the Hutu majority and other tribes in East-Central Africa for thousands of years despite being a minority) and the Olof people of Northern Senegal and Gambia and Hausa of Northen Nigeria and Ghana are considered of the same origin as us considering their economic activity (pastoralism) and their wide acceptance of Islam (remeber that the Somalis were the first community in Africa to embrace Islam,even before the northern communities).Forget about the bloody lie about the curse of Ham thing propagated by the bloody Chrisitian racists to justify the slavery and colonialism of blacks,this is a clever story put in the Book of Genesis by the Jewish Rabbis and Pharisees during the time of their Babylonian capture and slavery 600years before the birth of Isa (A.S),as a revenge for their terrible enslavement in Ancient Egypt.
Well some of our folk stories suggest that we are descended from the arabs,although i cannot see anything we have in common with them apart from religion(which shaped our cultures) and our language is semitic,and probably has same origin with arabic,aramaic (language of the Chaldeans,ie ancient Babylonians) and Hebrew
remeber one thing hampering us and the rest of africa in general is the lack of written records,even though the art of writing and the use of paper together with many technologies were originated from africa,ie ancient egypt.most of our history is passed through oral tradition whcih is of course forgotten.hence the only bit of history we seem to know is what the sick colonialists wrote about africa and their peoples.it is as if we were non-existent prior to colonialism.and the more sickening thing is the way the european view of african history is so religiously taught in africa.no wonder we are in constant conflict and have never settled down in this modern technology.hence we need to do a deep research into our history and roots,that is the only way we can regain our lost pride and catch up with the rst of the world.i can go on and on.
I would appreciate any discussion/comments/criticism/etc.....thank you.

bushy man

origin of somalis

A difficult one.accounts in the Book of Genesis of the Bible suggest that we are descended from one of the sons of Ham, Put, who is the third son of Noah(Nuh),who migrated to the Horn of Africa,hence the name Puntland.We might have had to do with the great Civilization of Ancient Egypt,together with the Ethiopians,Eritreans,Northern Sudanese and the Berbers and Tuaregs of North Africa,whom we are considered related.Other accounts also suggest that the Watutsi of Rwanda (who colonised the Hutu majority and other tribes in East-Central Africa for thousands of years despite being a minority) and the Olof people of Northern Senegal and Gambia and Hausa of Northen Nigeria and Ghana are considered of the same origin as us considering their economic activity (pastoralism) and their wide acceptance of Islam (remeber that the Somalis were the first community in Africa to embrace Islam,even before the northern communities).Forget about the bloody lie about the curse of Ham thing propagated by the bloody Chrisitian racists to justify the slavery and colonialism of blacks,this is a clever story put in the Book of Genesis by the Jewish Rabbis and Pharisees during the time of their Babylonian capture and slavery 600years before the birth of Isa (A.S),as a revenge for their terrible enslavement in Ancient Egypt.
Well some of our folk stories suggest that we are descended from the arabs,although i cannot see anything we have in common with them apart from religion(which shaped our cultures) and our language is semitic,and probably has same origin with arabic,aramaic (language of the Chaldeans,ie ancient Babylonians) and Hebrew
remeber one thing hampering us and the rest of africa in general is the lack of written records,even though the art of writing and the use of paper together with many technologies were originated from africa,ie ancient egypt.most of our history is passed through oral tradition whcih is of course forgotten.hence the only bit of history we seem to know is what the sick colonialists wrote about africa and their peoples.it is as if we were non-existent prior to colonialism.and the more sickening thing is the way the european view of african history is so religiously taught in africa.no wonder we are in constant conflict and have never settled down in this modern technology.hence we need to do a deep research into our history and roots,that is the only way we can regain our lost pride and catch up with the rst of the world.i can go on and on.

bushy man

origin of somalis

Gacalisa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gacalisa » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:32 pm

I am tired of this question constantly appearing in Somali mouths and discussions.

No we are not Arabs, we are full blooded Africans>East Africans. Its like the Indians claiming to be Arab or British, when they had far more influences and relations to Arabs.

Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: In the plains out in hawdka im'a tell ya, mess with the reer and a vest could'nt help ya

K

Postby Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:35 pm

tttttttttt
Last edited by Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saayda

Postby Saayda » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:19 am

We are NOT arabs im sick of some somalis claiming that. Why is there a need to say that? No other persons in africa says that but the SOMALIS.

I am proud to be an AFRICAN. Is there a subconcious notion of inferiority of just being an african?

I think for some this is so, because they believe the western history that black africans are stupid and incapable of creating great civilasation. Remember the victors write and make their own history cos they have power to do that.

Did you know that there was a programme where some white racsist said that out of all the africans..the somalis should be wiped out first...why? bcos they think they are better then all the other black africans.....Well? Looking at what the person who posted this topic said clearly fits that sterotype. Is s/he not happy with being african?

Anyway..are we forgeting that we are all from one source....Allah (SWT) through Adam and Eve....so technically speaking...every human on earth is "mixed."

Somalis have a beautiful culture and traditions MashAllah...however if we keep on denyng this and adopting other cultures then we are truely messed up.

To somalis...all i want to say for now is keep educating yourself and do the best you can to further your career for the sake of our ppl so that we can one day all go back and become a DEVELPOED nation..inshAllah. This means the somalis should stop chewing all day n night.

InshAllah Africa will rise again. Ameen.

Salam.

True Xaliimo

Postby True Xaliimo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 am

I think we are defo africans coz lets face it we are after all located in the continent....

However, I am not so sure about the "ARAB" bit.... That particular notion is open for a debate as far as I am concearned...

The question here is what makes one an Arab?

It is a common knowledge that only very few nations such as YEMEN are the true Arabs... And so many "so called" arab nations today, the likes of Egypt, Iraq, Lebonan etc were not Arabs 7/8 centurys ago and most of them were made to become Arabs because of Arab oppression.... That is why the are called ARAB AL-MUSTARABA...

So knowing all that are we less arabs than they are?

mahamed99_sex
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahamed99_sex » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:04 am

we are afro asiantic decents.damn it. Mad

Khalid 5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid 5 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:07 am

WE ARE ARABS

I AM AN ARAB SULTAN IBN SEYID

Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: In the plains out in hawdka im'a tell ya, mess with the reer and a vest could'nt help ya

Postby Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:52 pm

ttttttt
Last edited by Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Physicists
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re:

Postby Physicists » Mon May 28, 2007 9:10 pm

[quote="mahamed99_sex"]we are afro asiantic decents.damn it. Mad[/quote]

ye thats right...some of us are..Cushetic..which are closely related to arabs...but are africans...and otehrs are semitic which are arabs...

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.