Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Erigaavo and the Madigaan Clan

Taariikhda Soomaaliya ee ka horeysey intaan xoriyada la qaadan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Erigaavo and the Madigaan Clan

Postby Caesar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Erigaavo and the proud Madigaan Dir clan :clap: , I remember hearing , that Erigaavo was the eastern most city of the Awdal Empire,
ill have to double check on that, but check this out, the History of Erigaavo and the Madigaan clan, another known fact about
Erigaavo is that Shiekh Samaroon is buried there as well. The poems referenced in this passage is cool too. (Xaaji Aden AfQaale in particular as mentioned in the passage) I don't think snet has ever read something like this, told yall i'd blow up the history section :lol:
Wonderful town with wonderful history :up: , apparently the castles in the north were built by them :-O ,
I need to do more research into the Madigaan people.
Source by the wonderful book called "The origin and history of the Somali people" written by Ibrahim Ali.
I'm reading through the book now and it is fascinating ,apparently Gurgura lived in Zaylac, very interesting Gurgura is next to read up about.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Erigaavo and the Madigaan Clan

Postby Caesar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Those who claim isaaq,or Darood started erigaavo think again, :lol: I still think there's about a few 10,000? Who watch over the tombs

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm

i read the entire book, ibrahim ali has a heavy gurgura bias, one i have never seen before it makes sense after seeing his other book on google, which is called something like the gurgura people and their awdal empire, loool, but its all good, i can see past biases and pick out the truth

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Until very recently the majority of all Somali towns were well's surrounded by grazing land.
Your mixing Somalia up with Persia. :lol:

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:14 pm

OD if you are from the north then u would know of the many forts and old castles all around the country side

this source provides an answer plus i have a theory that smaller dir clans now were huge back then and did a whole bunch of cool shit, but due to wars they grew less in size, but their legacy and what they build still remain :up:

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:51 am

All I know is there aint no Dir in Sanaag region today.....not significantly anyway.

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:16 am

All I know is there aint no Dir in Sanaag region today.....not significantly anyway.
only in your mind...things look different on the ground.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:43 am

Stick to East Burco! :up: :)

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:01 pm

There's actually tons of dir in erigaavo this thread is just showing their history in that town

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:41 pm

What subclans.....and where in Ceerigabo do they live?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.