Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cool Somali Islamic Hisory

Taariikhda Soomaaliya ee ka horeysey intaan xoriyada la qaadan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Cool Somali Islamic Hisory

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 am

In this thread I will share anything cool history relating to awdal and ifat and maybe early islam in Somalia here. Call me Somali Scholar :up: This thread is intended to educate somali people over how Islam came to somalis and how it spread. And to increase our knowledge over our homeland contribute away.

I was currently reading a thesis from 1977 written for the uni of California by a somali student i think for the government lol There is a lot of arab bias ( i think that was intentional lol ) but also some really interesting somali stuff 8-) Here's some cool stuff from that.

Zaylici scholars as the top scholars in Yemen!!! This fits with Somali Oral tradition that says Zaylici scholors help spread deen to yemen!! :shock: I heard that growing up wallahi.
Also Zaylici students having reserve spots at the Mosque of Ummayds in DAMASCUS,SYRIA 8-) and
Somalis perusing a life of study in North Africa

No one wants to talk about Somalis and how we contributed to the spread of Islam. I want to challenge that with this thread.

Bask in glorious somali history

usb

Re: Cool Somali Islamic Hisory

Postby usb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:10 am

How old is the Somali community btw ? some sites say about 4000 years but i'm not sure

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 am

How old is the Somali community btw ? some sites say about 4000 years but i'm not sure
The "Somali" confederation? Anyone that's a Somali speaker?

Or indigenous Somalis the ethnic group etc. Please save that for another thread I want this thread to stay on Somali Islamic History

but I believe the Samaale people are thousands of years old.
Last edited by Caesar on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 am

double post

usb

Postby usb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:20 am

alright :up:

StormShadow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby StormShadow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:29 am

Samaale is a made up political alliance not a real name and it's not even in history no qabiil mentioned samaale even as recent as the British, and Italians. Famous travelers called the people of the present day horn Berbers. Somali is made up of two words soo and maal which means go milk in reference to our love of caano geel.

Sheikh ismaail ibn Bakr binu jabarti :up:

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:42 am

f you want to talk about confederacies go make another thread detailing that.

This thread is about Somali Islamic History

discuss the topic or leave my thread.

I doubt Snet knew of Zaylicis students studying in Syria or Spreading the deen to ARABS!!!

There is somali oral tradition of shiekhs going to Yemen ( at least in my area) and establishing masjids and converting people to Islam. This source sheds some light on that to non believers of somalis in islamic history. Any thoughts snet? Or will you live in 1990 revisionism???

Zaylicis were muslim before most of the world and most of arabia :shock: yet somalis claim islam came by a shiekh having kids. :-O

I plan to debate that argument with facts.
Last edited by Caesar on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

StormShadow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby StormShadow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:46 am

Was just correcting you breh, don't make me mad tho cuz I will go ham on you considering I just ate a whole saxan of djiboutian cambuulo.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:46 am

leave that qabil in other threads this is an islamic topic :shock:

discuss the topic at hand.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:52 am

Uthman bin Ali Zayla'i (Arabic: عثمان بن علي الزيلعي‎) (d. 1342) was a 14th-century Somali theologian and jurist from Zeila

Zayla'i traveled extensively throughout the Muslim world during his lifetime. He eventually settled in Cairo, Egypt, where he joined other Somali students at the Riwaq al Zayla'i of the Al Azhar University.

Uthman wrote several books on Islamic jurisprudence, one of which is considered to be the single most authoritative text on the Hanafi school of Islam. Consisting of four volumes, it is known as the Tabayin al-Haqa’iq li Sharh Kanz al-Daqa’iq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uthman_bin_Ali_Zayla'i

He was Somali from Zaylac, his books are referenced in hanafi schools

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:58 am

Ismail Ibrahim Al Jabarti was the father of Abdirahman "Daar-ood" the progenitor of the Daarood clan.
His son sheikh Abdirahman (AUN) spread Islam to the Somali clans living in North-eastern Somalia around Sanaag and Bari today.

StormShadow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby StormShadow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:07 am

I Wrote
Was just correcting you breh, don't make me mad tho cuz I will go ham on you considering I just ate a whole saxan of djiboutian cambuulo.

Is djibouti a qabiil? :wtf:

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:09 am

Zaylac's Masjid Al qibaltain is one of two masjids in the world that face
Jerusalem and Mecca.
So it was built during the time Prophet Muhammed PBUH was told to face Mecca instead of Jerusalem.
Technically, the first Hijra occurred in 615 when a group of Muslims was counseled by Muhammad to escape persecution in Mecca and travel to Ethiopia (Abyssinia at the time),
Hence it is the oldest outside of arabia.
According to the traditional Muslim view, the Qiblah originally faced the Noble Sanctuary in Jerusalem. This Qiblah was used for over 13 years, from 610 CE until 623 CE. Seventeen months after the Islamic prophet Muhammad's 622 CE arrival in Medina – the date is given as 11 February 624 – the Qiblah became oriented towards the Kaaba in Mecca.

So since it has both Qiblas Masjid al Qibaltain in Zaylac was
built sometime between 615-624

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:10 am

I Wrote

Is djibouti a qabiil? :wtf:
stop trolling, this is thread is about islam and somali history.

if you want to discuss other things go make another thread.

StormShadow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby StormShadow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:22 am

I was just correcting you on something you said in your previous post. Go ahead with your thread breh but I will come back if you lie about history again. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.