Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how do you visit kismayo?

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

how do you visit kismayo?

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:20 pm

this girl who went there told me that al shabab doesn't really bother you unless you're doing something wrong or suspicious, so is there a direct flight there or what?

Berke
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: how do you visit kismayo?

Postby Berke » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:29 pm

The easiest way is probably landing in Kenya and then going to Lamu and just driving from there through Ras Kamboni and onto Kismayo. Or you go to Nairobi and drive to either Ceelwaaq or Beled Xawo and then just drive from there to Kismayo. I don't know of any direct flights to Kismayo. Back in the day they had those khat jets fly there regularly but I doubt that is the case anymore.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 pm

I see thanks, but direct flights could be a problem since western immigration immediately suspect you of terrorism.

Berke
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Berke » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:37 am

I see thanks, but direct flights could be a problem since western immigration immediately suspect you of terrorism.
I actually flew several times about 2 months ago and I had no trouble whatsoever at any airport as I wasn't summoned to customs and border protection even once.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Do NOT go to any Shabab controlled areas if You are a Somali Youth from the West.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:01 am

Why not Murax, what have you heard? Are you saying because of danger of Shabaab or danger from Homeland Security?

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:31 am

Why not Murax, what have you heard? Are you saying because of danger of Shabaab or danger from Homeland Security?

They will forcibly recruit You to join them and if You refuse, You're life is at risk as they will think You are a jaajuus.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:43 am

What's the cutoff point for "youth"? I'm sure GK being 14 will be easy pickings, but I'm guessing they'll write off a 22-27 year old with proper facial hair as a married man or something.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:17 am

They will forcibly recruit You to join them and if You refuse, You're life is at risk as they will think You are a jaajuus.
Nah, I have some connections, my own uncle is an Al shabab brigade captain.

snoop12
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby snoop12 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 am

Nah, I have some connections, my own uncle is an Al shabab brigade captain.
ooh Canada.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 am

ooh Canada.
do you know adeer wayeel in kismayo he switched sides to al shabab and they gave him nice job and left his villa you dont wanna mess with this guy :lol:

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 am

I had a handicapped cousin who escaped the Al-Itixaad wars in the 90s after being shot, today he's Al-Shabaab's demolition coordinator in kismayo. GK anyone can get a spot in the shabaab these days, sign up for their qabuuro investigator position, they have an opening in nearby buulo xaaji. :|

King-of-Awdal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby King-of-Awdal » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:08 am

I Swear i remember Voltage or someone else saying the City has an airport which is in Operation. Am sure there must be flights connecting from Mogadishu or Bossaso into the city, :?

Cumar-Labasuul
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cumar-Labasuul » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Granpakhalif, seriously dude how old are you? no offence but the amount of bull that comes out of your mouth would seem that your in your mid teens. Also, if half the stuff you say you really believed, then I worry that you could end up in serious trouble.

snoop12
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby snoop12 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Granpakhalif, seriously dude how old are you? no offence but the amount of bull that comes out of your mouth would seem that your in your mid teens. Also, if half the stuff you say you really believed, then I worry that you could end up in serious trouble.
very true

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.