Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re: Morgan video

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:10 am

In the middle of the video where Morgan is talking to SPM and he is describing to Absame and Harti how Marehan is a force and that they are the force behind the Darod name, you start to wonder how things would have turned out if Marehan had not marched to Mogadishu back from Gedo and exhausted themselves leading to USC getting the initiative and beginning of the end. If Marehan had closed off their border in the riverine areas, closing USC off in Banadir and waited for USC to turn on each other in Mogadishu, the regime might actually have went back to Mogadishu after the USC ate each other up in Mogadishu because we know Abgal and Habar Gidir only needed a cooling period to start to see each other as natural enemies which later happened. When Morgan is describing to SPM how every time USC tries to get out of Mogadishu, the Marehan send convoys to send them back from passing Balidoogle, literally in Lower Shabelle and Bay border. We know what happened next, Sade in alliance with SPM tried to march on Mogadishu and the debacle in Afgooye (when Cumar Jees was secretly working with USC and telling Darod secrets while also using his loyalists to backstab from the back) was the beginning of the end and gave USC the initiative to chase the remnants back to Gedo and Kismaayo which they captured before being chased back by the regrouped Darod. If they had never marched to Mogadishu, but protected their border of control which they were doing effectively as Morgan explains in the video, things might actually have turned out to be completely different. Oh well, wasn't meant to be but it is something to think about.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 am

Eaglehawk
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:30 am

voltage

I heared before the point that morgan made, and you made the point also in past postings. morgan really gave me little inside into the past, it seems marexaan was stand alone well organised even capable of pulling of back to xamar startegy alone
I think usc was no match for marexaan millitry wise, but i think, the marexaan had political fatigue and they really had no political aspiration, the where tired of rule even if they got to xamar I don`t think they would have bothered to lead again.

infact when soldiers where being listed for the battle, the reason given to them was" difaaca sharafta marexaan", its seems marexaan never fought for power in those battles their intend was don`t give libin to hawiye and difaac sharafta marexaan and that inturn unleashed a major force whick was in lack in the kismaayo theater.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:21 am

In the middle of the video where Morgan is talking to SPM and he is describing to Absame and Harti how Marehan is a force and that they are the force behind the Darod name, you start to wonder how things would have turned out if Marehan had not marched to Mogadishu back from Gedo and exhausted themselves leading to USC getting the initiative and beginning of the end. If Marehan had closed off their border in the riverine areas, closing USC off in Banadir and waited for USC to turn on each other in Mogadishu, the regime might actually have went back to Mogadishu after the USC ate each other up in Mogadishu because we know Abgal and Habar Gidir only needed a cooling period to start to see each other as natural enemies which later happened. When Morgan is describing to SPM how every time USC tries to get out of Mogadishu, the Marehan send convoys to send them back from passing Balidoogle, literally in Lower Shabelle and Bay border. We know what happened next, Sade in alliance with SPM tried to march on Mogadishu and the debacle in Afgooye (when Cumar Jees was secretly working with USC and telling Darod secrets while also using his loyalists to backstab from the back) was the beginning of the end and gave USC the initiative to chase the remnants back to Gedo and Kismaayo which they captured before being chased back by the regrouped Darod. If they had never marched to Mogadishu, but protected their border of control which they were doing effectively as Morgan explains in the video, things might actually have turned out to be completely different. Oh well, wasn't meant to be but it is something to think about.
it was the political disgrace of an ex ruling family member could bring onto himself to prosecute a somali clan, sence then, morgan has stated he is a disgrace to siyaad barre so was siyaad barre involved in this disgraceful compaign? i though if the case of hargeisa bombing was a controversial one but now i understand the reasons of isaaq prosecution that it was based on clan cause.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:11 pm

BV I know that post is not much to your liking but it seeks to address real life occurances that are well known to the Somali. What Morgan explains in that video was toward non-Marehan Darods. And when he lists the position and circumstance of the clan, the people concuirring and supporting are not Marehan. Lately you are all over the place in your defense of Aydiid and the USC which makes it laughable since you used to cover that aspect of you but my problem is not you disagree (you are qualified to do so), but do not do so at the expense of reality my sister.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Eagle I agree. At that time time Siad was sitting in Buurdhuubo and the clan was towards defense. I think when they moved from that to trying to regain the capital thereby moving from defense to offense was the beginning of the end.

Rainbows
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Rainbows » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 pm

:lol: :lol:

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 pm

:up: :D

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:02 am

lol,

The Marexan were busy looting Mogadishu and were the first to flee :lol: Siyaad Barre thought he could count on his Darood army but they fled before he did.

Marexan were no match for the Coalition of the Willing: Hawiye, Digil Mirifle including Shirib's people who opened up the canals to trap the Darood armies, the Jareer (who also took part).

So saxib, stop fantasizing about a tape released by a stupid Iljeex uncle of mine, Ali Said. That very tape if watched in full describes atroticies committed by the Darood especially against the minority women of Barawe. It was found as a spoil of war in the re-liberation of Kismayo 8-)

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:25 pm

What's historically accurate about what I said and what the tape said? Darod left Mogadishu but USC were boxed in Banadir. Darod then tried to take back Mogadishu coming all the way to Afgooye before losing the battle for many reasons. The USC took the initiative to chase the retreating Darod but could not hold their lands. A stalemate ensued that is still going on. No clan can hold the land of the other. This video takes place before the Afgooye and it shows as has been consistently recorded that Marehan and Darod had the initiative even after they left Mogadishu.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:42 am

Imagine how things woulda been different if Xamar was recaptured, today Dawladnimo would still be in effect. Hindsight has taught us that Hawiye needed to be saved from themselves.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Imagine how things woulda been different if Xamar was recaptured, today Dawladnimo would still be in effect. Hindsight has taught us that Hawiye needed to be saved from themselves.

That would have been impossible hawiye faction usc captured all the weaponry in Mogadisho you were in the heart land of the Hawiye tribe its hard to fight in the heart land of another tribe ,when ogadens defected and their SPM was created the army only consisted of a handful Merexaan Dhulbahante that was about it maybe a few jareer weyne :lol: But yeah if you were successful defeating the USC and re capturing Xamar than that would have been something. in Somalia in 1991 it was winner takes all :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.