Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marehan ancestral DNA test

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Re: Marehan ancestral DNA test

Postby Adali » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Adali Sxb don't be paranoid, and i heard it cost a couple'hundred pounds.
I'm not paranoid I thought it was cheap like 20 quit so I thought why not take it,but i guess not, wtf a couple of hundred pounds :shock: bon dat.

abdirisak22
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Buurdhuubo - greater Gedo region of Somali republic.

Postby abdirisak22 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

DNA test how much $ wise?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm willing to do it but If I don't receive a J1 test result I will forever sad.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:29 pm

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... utput=html

James Dahl that Cadaan (Adopted Iljeex Guy) compiled a spreadsheet of everybodys results here and put Me in a categorey as "Warsangeli". Apparantly I shared the same codes as 2 Warsangeli and 1 Majerteen who was really that Dawwa9 kid who I hope did not slit his wrists for getting Cushitic Arab DNA. The nerve of that Dahl Guy putting me in a categorey saying I'm a fish head when My subclan right next to my name says Marexaan. Still though He had no choice because no other MR took the test. Either way the fact that according to the results I share a anscestor in the last 1000-2000 years with a Bicidyahan, MJ and 2 Warsangelis who live thousands of kilometres away from Me did lead Me to believe that Darood definitely did exist as otherwise there is no way we'd share a anscestor since we live so far apart. It also led me to believe that Darood but was not some Runaway Arab but a Cushitic from the Horn of Africa. Suits Me just fine anyway, I'm proud to know at least My anscestor had a home and was not exiled out of His land for stealing a damn shoe wtf?

Let Me know when You get Your results, although I suspect You are that Snoop kid, who I wasn't sure was Marexaan anyway.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm

1-2000 years, that does not only determine the validity of Marehan lineage but also the entire Darood. And it still does not disprove that Darood could have been Arab since the E1b1b1a1b Haplogroup is also found in Arabian peninsula.

If such a thing as out of Africa theory is widely accepted why can we accept the Somali Darood theory of Back to Africa ??

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:48 pm

1-2000 years, that does not only determine the validity of Marehan lineage but also the entire Darood. And it still does not disprove that Darood could have been Arab since the E1b1b1a1b Haplogroup is also found in Arabian peninsula.

If such a thing as out of Africa theory is widely accepted why can we accept the Somali Darood theory of Back to Africa ??

To find out how much of a match You are I think You have to pay more money to get the 30th dys code or something like that. Me and those guys were matches on the first 12 which shows we definitely share a anscestor within that frame, but to find out how recent You have to pay more. Plus there is no point unless You get perhaps 5 ppl to do it with You.

According to the Spreadsheet there is a Ogadeen DNA, Majerteen DNA and since no other MR's took it a Warsangeli DNA with me lumped into that. So far it looks like a big mess from a Darood perspective as How can I share closer DNA to a Warsangeli than MJ's?

Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Based » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 pm

According to my sources, 23&me will be having a discount within the next couple of weeks.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 pm

where can I order the test kit, and how much does it cost to test for the last 1000 years or even less. I get that the point is to compare so of course other people should do it too, that is why I encourage more Marehan members to take the test.

any links to websites regarding this would be appreciated..

Edit: we don't have to share it with James Dahl. :lol:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 pm

where can I order the test kit, and how much does it cost to test for the last 1000 years or even less. I get that the point is to compare so of course other people should do it too, that is why I encourage more Marehan members to take the test.

any links to websites regarding this would be appreciated..

Edit: we don't have to share it with James Dahl. :lol:

National Geographic something. Before Oil, DNA was the biggest hot topic on Snet who knows what it will be next :lol:

Anyways take it with a grain of salt. Even if My DNA is diff from every MR out there it wouldn't make much of a difference as far as I'm concerned.

Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Avicenna » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

I remember the DNA wars on the forum. :lol:

Brilliant days. :mrgreen:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 pm

According to my sources, 23&me will be having a discount within the next couple of weeks.
I did mine through them for FREE.....the best thing about them is NOT the dna test, it's ur health.

The stuff they tell u about urself is " :shock: :shock: " worth, I am still amazed at how they can tell that amount of information just from saliva :lol:

Mustafee101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mustafee101 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 pm

I think we Reer Garaads are Caucasians. :-O

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:00 am

Murax, genealogical time frame means you share common ancestors within within a 1000 years, I have no idea where you got the 2000 thousand years from, maybe you could explain that.

I looked at the spreadsheet again after some research and it appears you took the Y-DNA12 test which tells you who you share common ancestry within a 1000 years, and all the Daroods who are on the spreadsheet share either 12/12 markers or 11/12 with you which is within the genealogical time frame of a 1000 years. Hyper is the most distant to you, he shares 11/12 markers with some of the Majerten but only 10/12 markers with the rest of the Daroods. Even though Hyper is the only Darood to share 10/12 with other Daroods, he is still Darood.

Explanation:
You and Hyper, you claim same tribe Darood but your 2 marks different out of the 12. This could mean that both you and Hyper each had a mutation in one of your markers, your not suppose to have 2 markers that are different. the only way to prove that it was only a mutation is to find a line of of Other Daroods who are the 'in betweener' to you guys, meaning that line must share 11/12 with both you and Hyper. luckily this line is also present in the spreadsheet, there are two Majerten who share 11/12 with both you and Hyper and thus act as the in betweener. So you and Hyper are related within the last 1000 years and you do not need to take futher 13 marker test to prove this or to prove that both of you are Darood.

Additional: You and Hyper differ in two DYS markers known to mismatch as they tend to mutate, they are the DYS358 and the DYS389ii.

In conclusion: Darood is pretty much proven, although there are 3 other Daroods participants who have different unrelated sequences, one is Dawwa, the other is an unknown Warsangili and the third is an Ogaden. but the rest of the Darood are all related within less than a 1000 years, which means so far the existence of Darood is 7/9 which is roughly 80% reliable. :mrgreen:

Since the existence of Daroods is proven, we can proceed onto scientifically proving the existence of Marehan, all we need is minimum two Marehan taking the Y-DNA25 which shows an extra 13 markers, those extra 13 markers should be different from the Harti's extra 13 markers but the two Marehan participants should have identical extra 13 markers.

there are several discounts and possibly even free Y-DNA12 test. but you have to look for different projects that offer discounts or free test. but then you have to upgrade to the Y-DNA25 which cost 49$ I think.
List of Projects.
  • 23andMe projects
    Family Finder projects
    Genealogical society projects
    Geographical DNA projects
    mtDNA haplogroup projects
    New DNA projects
    Null projects
    Special DNA projects
    Surname DNA projects
    Walk through the Y projects
    Y-DNA haplogroup projects
if you buy the Y-DNA25 straightaway it will cost 125$

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Yeah don't take the labels I put on haplogroups too seriously, they're semi-arbitrary.

The Warsangeli group I could just as well have called the "Generic Daarood" group, in fact maybe I should rename it that :lol:

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Yeah don't take the labels I put on haplogroups too seriously, they're semi-arbitrary.

The Warsangeli group I could just as well have called the "Generic Daarood" group, in fact maybe I should rename it that :lol:
Yes you should do that, and also put Hyper under Darood, read my post to know why, all the Daroods are recently related within the genealogical time frame of 1000 years which is roughly the age of Darood himself.

do not include the last Ogaden guy, he is probably Warday, Oromo, Rahanweyn etc there are some non-Daroods who assimilate into Ogaden in Lower/Middle Jubba and Bakool regions.

It would be interesting to see Leelkase, Dhulbahante and more Marehan taking the test, traditionally they boast about their Darood roots the most.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.