Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Update on Beled-Xaawo.

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Update on Beled-Xaawo.

Postby The`Republic » Tue May 29, 2012 3:19 am

So this evening I had the fortune of meeting a reer Hassan brother from Ohio on his way to Alaska. Coincidentally he is the next door neighbor of an abti of mine who lives in Beled-Xaawo. The brother came back from Gedo exactly a week ago and I was amazed at the information he had. Apparently Beled-Xaawo, as he put it, is undergoing a transformation he has not seen in the last 20 years. Construction boom is everywhere, business is flourishing, the trade between Kenya and Somalia has been totally taken over by reer Beled-Xaawo. He goes to Alaska, collects about 25K-30K a season and invests. He built himself a 45K dollar home and is now going back to make a final earning which he will use, along with other Gedo shareholders, to start a serious transportation business that connects Mogadishu to Baydhabo and on through Gedo to Beled-Xaawo, Mandera and through Garrisa to Nairobi. They want to specialize in bulk commercial transportation since he said there is a serious need and which rer Gedo are best suited because they are the border connection. He said a Turkish agency has set shop that gives $150 dollars a month to the most neediest people, a UNDP and US stabilization program has been implemented following Shabab defeat that gives cash vouchers for investment use to people with good ideas, and the rest of the people now have a new drive not to just eat their earnings or xawilaad money but to do something. He said the peace tasted seems very durable and there is an atmosphere and spirit beginning in Beled-Xaawo and the rest of Gedo that has been totally absent throughout the civil war (he came to US in 2004). Amazing information. :up:

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Update on Beled-Xaawo.

Postby CoolPoisons » Tue May 29, 2012 3:57 am

Voltage inaad hypocrite tahay waxaad ku gareeeysa how U were angry when Jale Bare Hirale liberated Beled Hawo from Shiskabab

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=270913

and now that Beled Hawo is coming back Ur happy. FAKER FOQAL FAKER
Nothing but failure, death, destruction, more refugees, etc. Walle kan Cool Poison waa xaasid
Since this has already started, I actually wish Shabaab firmly and once and for all vanquishes the Dollow group neuteralizing them so they never attempt such folly again. Once and for all, may Shabaab destroy them for good so they have zero ability to put anything together again. Haa wada tagaan where ever they want to go but far away from being the carriers of war to people who do not need it.
its always the same fkers that cheerlead for each other. Waxaana ka hadlaya Murax, Voltage iyo Advo

Adali waa rageedi. he wrote
my family is also Rer Beledxaawo, they are immediate family, my uncle and his son's wife, they moved out immediately as the fighting started and my cousin just swiftly returned a few days ago to retrieve some of their belongings and he discovered his shop was destroyed along with my uncles house which was home to all of them, the only thing that was left intact for them was a house that was in the process of being build for my cousin and his wife. i think its sad that when we do discuss politics that one party thinks its acceptable to take the moral high grounds and accuse the other party of emotional disregard to score cheap points, to the real Reer Beledxaawo and to those who actually do have family there, all it proves to us is that some people are willing to sink really low in the support of their group, some even regionalising Mareexaan into Gedo, Galgaduud etc this is really sick and divisive.

Voltage wrote:Since this has already started, I actually wish Shabaab firmly and once and for all vanquishes the Dollow group neuteralizing them so they never attempt such folly again. Once and for all, may Shabaab destroy them for good so they have zero ability to put anything together again. Haa wada tagaan where ever they want to go but far away from being the carriers of war to people who do not need it.

that is your prerogative, just have some principle and stop this pretentious emotional rhetoric, you have no arguement at all. but you do showcase low morals.

Archerr wrote:Nothing exactly. I doubt this war is over though. In time when one group is fully defeated - unable to launch attacks anymore - then we will be able to fully evaluate what the gains and losses of the this war are.

i totally agree, bullets are still flying and we cant draw conclusion, the best outcome would be that Alkalab is destroyed once and for all and the rest of the liberation be a walk through the park with minimal casualty and destruction.
and Aqil Warsame101

Re: What was gained from the war in Beled-Xaawo?
Some of the old-timers here need to be really carefull how they word their words. Opposing the Doolow group for any reason is acceptable but to categorize them as Mooryaans or Fitnah or even selectively applying an Islaamic princple against them is something that borders to ad hominem and I won't accept that.

This topic explains the confusional state of some of the members here, hiding behind usual pseudo-moral high ground whilst attempting to discret the Doolow group supporters as merely infants with no legitimate ties to Gedo. This is not a kids' playground where one can slur ad hominem coupled with "this is wrong" interjections and except that you somehow made a valid point.

In any war, there are always casualties, irrespective of its scale. The Doolow group consisting of local legitimate administrations that Reer Jubbaland had set-up were ejected, from their own regions, by al-Shabaab. They have suffered casualties whilst the regions that they were representing was held hostage by Abu Mansuur and co. They have camped in Doolow for over three years, surely logic dictates that that they were going to counter-attack at any time. It is nothing that happend out of whims.

Reer Gedo have lost thousands of their youth in the forceful conscriptions sent to Xamar, yet there was no outcry, Reer Gedo had to endure this year a drought that that they have never experienced before since al-Shabaab banned the local aid agencies from providing the usual annual relieve, yet there was no outcry, Reer Gedo youth had to endure random decapitations and be dictated by some foreign officials. Haven't we learned anything from the al-Itixaad saga?

When the Doolow group attempts to relieve them from these impositions, suddenly the long-awaited outcry is directed at them.

One should know that this mis-directed outcry is not something that is new from Mareexaan, it was repeated in the Gedo USC-SNF wars when Barre Hiiraale attacked Gedo to dislodge the Caydiid militia, there were Mareexaans who made the usual uproar that some of you are making now.

Similiarly when Barre Hiiraale removed the Morgan coalition in Kismaayo.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Tue May 29, 2012 4:09 am

About time.
This post was made by CoolPoisons who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

CaliBurco
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliBurco » Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 am

:lol: :lol:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue May 29, 2012 11:21 am

Good stuff. Coolpoisons adiga caaq baad tahay which isnt saying anything new. B Xaawo was attacked 4 or 5 times and then the doolow troops would retreat. I know your dense Skull doesnt register this fact but when a town violently turns hands over and over it is the shacab that become homeless and refugees. My beef with the doolow group was do not artack b xaawo or anywhere if you are not able to get it.

Anyways i made a thread in the sade private section months before the final and decisive assult on b xaawo that ethiopia started heavily arming ahlu sunnah in gedo and wanted to make them the face as they proved themselves to be determined fighters. These guys along with the MR tfg were enough to hold and pacify most of gedo. Adiga it seems these days your only good for talking shid and fussing tit for tat with gabdho. Grow up.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue May 29, 2012 11:30 am

As for the tread definitely b xaawo is growing in importance. Kenya doesnt keep the birder open out if the goodness of their heart but due to the fact that reer mandeera depend in b xaawo for a lit of essentials.

Eaglehawk
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue May 29, 2012 1:48 pm

why don`t the people in beled xaawo set up customs bureau and regulate the trade between kenya and somalia

A tol charge mechanism would finance public infrastructure projects in beled xaawo
Get a couple of guys in police uniform and have few tehcnicals parked around the corner in the customs bureau office to enforce the law of the city and while am at it I create a trade market near the customs to incentivise peoples cross border mobility

Beled xaawo need eaglehawk as mayor

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Tue May 29, 2012 2:18 pm

As for the tread definitely b xaawo is growing in importance. Kenya doesnt keep the birder open out if the goodness of their heart but due to the fact that reer mandeera depend in b xaawo for a lit of essentials.
He pretty much said the same thing wallahi. He said before with the insecurity in Somali side, most rer Beled-Xaawo would base their business and earnings in Mandera which is why the Kenyans would periodically shut the border as a way to have influence in pricing and business. Now that Beled-Xaawo is seeing this transformation, all the capital and business is flowing back in Beled-Xaawo as a base which is why the Kenyans will not close the border anymore. I remember Baskash Jug soo dhacay on the BBC during the recent squabble in Mandera was asked have the Kenyans closed the border and he said no because the lifeline of northeast Kenya is through Beled-Xaawo.

Trade will be the niche. :up:

Literally this comment by Keneth Menkhaus was made 15 years ago during the worst of the worst, Al Itihad vs. SNF vs. Ethiopia and the sub-clan wars.
Some of the trade with neighbouring Ethiopia and Kenya takes the form of recorded trade via official crossing-points at Belet Hawa and El Waq on the border with Kenya and at Dolo on the border with Ethiopia. Considerable unofficial trade is also engaged in across the borders with both Kenya and Ethiopia. Extensive small trading goes on in all towns and villages as well.

Kenneth Menkhaus, Assistant Professor at Davidson College/UNDOS consultant, considered the Gedo region's economy to be in reasonably good shape and described trade in the region as "booming". Traders in Gedo made more profit than, for instance, those in Hargeisa, in north-western Somalia (Somaliland). He pointed out that the Gedo region was a centre for brisk trading between Somalia and Kenya or Ethiopia. Large quantities of goods were brought from Mogadishu to Bardera by lorry. Bardera, being the largest town in the Gedo region, formed the centre of that trade, with active flows of funds both from abroad and to and from Mogadishu...

...While in Luuq, the delegation visited a transhipment centre for imported goods from Mogadishu. The centre contained a number of trucks from Mogadishu, from which goods were transferred to what were referred to as "Marehan trucks". These then took goods on to destinations in Gedo. Luuq District Council reported that it had begun taxing trade in the area. Goods from Mogadishu and livestock transactions were taxed, with the tax revenue being used for purposes including police pay.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Tue May 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Eagle, a mechanized system of taxation in an organized method of trade is literally what Gedo is missing and both come from formed administrations. That private capital is there, we just need the public method to make revenue for the region.

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Tue May 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Voltage inaad hypocrite tahay waxaad ku gareeeysa how U were angry when Jale Bare Hirale liberated Beled Hawo from Shiskabab

and now that Beled Hawo is coming back Ur happy. FAKER FOQAL FAKER
Nothing but failure, death, destruction, more refugees, etc. Walle kan Cool Poison waa xaasid
Since this has already started, I actually wish Shabaab firmly and once and for all vanquishes the Dollow group neuteralizing them so they never attempt such folly again. Once and for all, may Shabaab destroy them for good so they have zero ability to put anything together again. Haa wada tagaan where ever they want to go but far away from being the carriers of war to people who do not need it.
its always the same fkers that cheerlead for each other. Waxaana ka hadlaya Murax, Voltage iyo Advo

Adali waa rageedi. he wrote
my family is also Rer Beledxaawo, they are immediate family, my uncle and his son's wife, they moved out immediately as the fighting started and my cousin just swiftly returned a few days ago to retrieve some of their belongings and he discovered his shop was destroyed along with my uncles house which was home to all of them, the only thing that was left intact for them was a house that was in the process of being build for my cousin and his wife. i think its sad that when we do discuss politics that one party thinks its acceptable to take the moral high grounds and accuse the other party of emotional disregard to score cheap points, to the real Reer Beledxaawo and to those who actually do have family there, all it proves to us is that some people are willing to sink really low in the support of their group, some even regionalising Mareexaan into Gedo, Galgaduud etc this is really sick and divisive.

Voltage wrote:Since this has already started, I actually wish Shabaab firmly and once and for all vanquishes the Dollow group neuteralizing them so they never attempt such folly again. Once and for all, may Shabaab destroy them for good so they have zero ability to put anything together again. Haa wada tagaan where ever they want to go but far away from being the carriers of war to people who do not need it.

that is your prerogative, just have some principle and stop this pretentious emotional rhetoric, you have no arguement at all. but you do showcase low morals.

Archerr wrote:Nothing exactly. I doubt this war is over though. In time when one group is fully defeated - unable to launch attacks anymore - then we will be able to fully evaluate what the gains and losses of the this war are.

i totally agree, bullets are still flying and we cant draw conclusion, the best outcome would be that Alkalab is destroyed once and for all and the rest of the liberation be a walk through the park with minimal casualty and destruction.
and Aqil Warsame101

Re: What was gained from the war in Beled-Xaawo?
Some of the old-timers here need to be really carefull how they word their words. Opposing the Doolow group for any reason is acceptable but to categorize them as Mooryaans or Fitnah or even selectively applying an Islaamic princple against them is something that borders to ad hominem and I won't accept that.

This topic explains the confusional state of some of the members here, hiding behind usual pseudo-moral high ground whilst attempting to discret the Doolow group supporters as merely infants with no legitimate ties to Gedo. This is not a kids' playground where one can slur ad hominem coupled with "this is wrong" interjections and except that you somehow made a valid point.

In any war, there are always casualties, irrespective of its scale. The Doolow group consisting of local legitimate administrations that Reer Jubbaland had set-up were ejected, from their own regions, by al-Shabaab. They have suffered casualties whilst the regions that they were representing was held hostage by Abu Mansuur and co. They have camped in Doolow for over three years, surely logic dictates that that they were going to counter-attack at any time. It is nothing that happend out of whims.

Reer Gedo have lost thousands of their youth in the forceful conscriptions sent to Xamar, yet there was no outcry, Reer Gedo had to endure this year a drought that that they have never experienced before since al-Shabaab banned the local aid agencies from providing the usual annual relieve, yet there was no outcry, Reer Gedo youth had to endure random decapitations and be dictated by some foreign officials. Haven't we learned anything from the al-Itixaad saga?

When the Doolow group attempts to relieve them from these impositions, suddenly the long-awaited outcry is directed at them.

One should know that this mis-directed outcry is not something that is new from Mareexaan, it was repeated in the Gedo USC-SNF wars when Barre Hiiraale attacked Gedo to dislodge the Caydiid militia, there were Mareexaans who made the usual uproar that some of you are making now.

Similiarly when Barre Hiiraale removed the Morgan coalition in Kismaayo.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Coolpoison caadi ma tihid. Muruxna fiiri suu voltage ugu dabadhaqo :lol:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Good news :up: We just need a proper admin to conduct public works such as road and infrastructure development.

Substance
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Substance » Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

I dont understand why peaceful areas in gedo dont yet have a proper admin.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.