Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Maxamuud Sayyid Aden, Another MP Speak On Gedo/Jubooyinka

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Maxamuud Sayyid Aden, Another MP Speak On Gedo/Jubooyinka

Postby Murax » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Apparantly theres quite a few Marexaan diaspora coming back and involving themselves in Gedo's politics, Jubbaland talk, etc. However while I welcome this I think its smart to have a phased gradual approach of diaspora working with locals instead of coming in and completely usurping them. Say what You want about the Maxamuud Sayyids, or the Kaliils but these guys were there the whole time for better or for worse. You can't just sit in Nairobi, Columbus, Ohio ku dhawaaq a maamul and voila. I respect some of the Majerteen/Puntland intellectuals in the '90s. You had PhD's, Educated members of them who I'm sure it wasn't easy for them to deal with some of the local badow and uneducated members of their clan but they swallowed their pride for the betterment of their people. This is better than a arrogant, I'm too good to work with You type mentality that I see with some MR diaspora.
Last edited by Murax on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Maxamuud Sayyid Aden, Another MP Speak On Gedo/Jubooyink

Postby Advo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :up:

Lets wait and see even though I don't like him, Ill give him a chance!
Last edited by Advo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: It wasn't showing up when I posted it. After I copy Your quote and edit mine, please edit Yours so that it looks like I never made that mistake. Thanks in advance.

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Never heard of him :?

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Apparantly theres quite a few Marexaan diaspora coming back and involving themselves in Gedo's politics, Jubbaland talk, etc. However while I welcome this I think its smart to have a phased gradual approach of diaspora working with locals instead of coming in and completely usurping them. Say what You want about the Maxamuud Sayyids, or the Kaliils but these guys were there the whole time for better or for worse. You can't just sit in Nairobi, Columbus, Ohio ku dhawaaq a maamul and voila. I respect some of the Majerteen/Puntland intellectuals in the '90s. You had PhD's, Educated members of them who I'm sure it wasn't easy for them to deal with some of the local badow and uneducated members of their clan but they swallowed their pride for the betterment of their people. This is better than a arrogant, I'm too good to work with You type mentality that I see with some MR diaspora.
word ! Forget about them though, they are the outdated generations, it is our turn soon. speaking of our generation, I have noticed Qabiil culture is also very unpopular among Marehan in the diaspora, apart from a few nearly all Marehan born in the west who are now in their late teens - early twenties have no connection to the tribe whatsoever. They either themselves made the conscious decisions to avoid Qabiil( which includes both it's good and the bad) or they have been over dozed with anti-tribalism antics from their parents who are of the Kacaan generation, sadly the latter is true in most cases.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.