Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Differences between Galti and Guri

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Differences between Galti and Guri

Postby thegoodshepherd » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:24 pm

I always hear about how Guuri and Galti are often at odds. Are there actual differences culturally??
For example, are there differences in culture and accent within a subclan like Reer Diini between Reer Guri and Galti?
:lupe:

Rooble90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Differences between Galti and Guri

Postby Rooble90 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:40 pm

I always hear about how Guuri and Galti are often at odds. Are there actual differences culturally??
For example, are there differences in culture and accent within a subclan like Reer Diini between Reer Guri and Galti?

Yea There Is ... Reer Guri Have This type of Garam garam accent .. Especially the Reer Xasan And Talxe and Hawraarsame etc ..

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 pm

As far as I know, Reer Gedood generally don't have Galti Vs Guuri rivalries at all. Stories I hear of people growing up in Gedo You would never hear about a Marehan killing another Marehan as it was Marehan vs everybody else Booraan, Oromo,etc.

Accent wise though there is a difference.

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:39 pm

:dwill:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:57 pm

Yea There Is ... Reer Guri Have This type of Garam garam accent .. Especially the Reer Xasan And Talxe and Hawraarsame etc ..

Yea, Reer Xassan, Hawarsame, Talxe are Reer Guri for sure. I think you can add Uurmidig, Soonfure too in Reer Guri (Old Arrivals)

Galti (New Arrivals)=Reer Ugaas, Reer Siyaad, Reer Axmed, Celidheere, Cali Xusayn. New Arrivals I believe we're talking 120-150 years. Warsame101, would know for sure.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Reer Galti are glorified reer baadiyo

Amanreer

Postby Amanreer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:24 am

The Reer Guri are the ones that do all the fightings for Mareexaans (especially Reer Hassan,Hawraarsame Amanreer,Talxe Amanreer in Kismayo), The Galti Mareexaan just comes to claim victory while wearings suits and goes b4 the press.But this Didnt happened in the Recent Barre Hirrale and Ahmed Madowo wars.The Guri Mareexaan rejected to join the war after discoverying the Galtis from Galgaduud and Mudug were bringing in HG in Jubaland.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Only difference is the accent, I have the accent and vocabulary and it annoys people.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.