Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 Jubbaland Clan Map; most comprehensive and accurate composite STRICKLY from UN field visits

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

2021 Jubbaland Clan Map; most comprehensive and accurate composite STRICKLY from UN field visits

Postby Voltage » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:42 pm

What is actually in the ground---

-Not what someone "said"
-Not participation observation interview from another location
-STRICKLY 1st person observations from multiple records of field visits

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: 2021 Jubbaland Clan Map; most comprehensive and accurate composite STRICKLY from UN field visits

Postby barbarossa » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:09 pm

Waryaa Captain Obvious, we all know smallteeth constitute absolute majority in Jubooyinka.

Miscellaneous

Re: 2021 Jubbaland Clan Map; most comprehensive and accurate composite STRICKLY from UN field visits

Postby Miscellaneous » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 pm

kkk. What a load of horseshit.

Miscellaneous

Postby Miscellaneous » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 pm

kkk. What a load of horseshit.

WadaniggaBarakaysan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WadaniggaBarakaysan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:58 pm

Voltage, you made this map and forgot to add Harti? :holdup:

Or was I fed misleading information and Harti don't exist in Jubbaland?

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Well do share the sources you used. The masses are pushing back :lol: :lol:

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:59 am

No wonder these guys had problems capturing kismayo. Ileen they are not even the majority in raas kambooni area. MX need to expand moe on that jilib route. The reer yusuf there are small. Its where dr ali nur aun was born.

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:02 am

Harti live in kismayo. Notice how he didn't go into detail when it comes to kismayo. Too many clans live in kismayo's outskirts. If he inlcuded harti they would just be a very small dot in the small kismayo star.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:19 am

No wonder these guys had problems capturing kismayo. Ileen they are not even the majority in raas kambooni area. MX need to expand moe on that jilib route. The reer yusuf there are small. Its where dr ali nur aun was born.
AUN to adeer. Way ahead of his time.

WadaniggaBarakaysan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WadaniggaBarakaysan » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:10 am

Harti live in kismayo. Notice how he didn't go into detail when it comes to kismayo. Too many clans live in kismayo's outskirts. If he inlcuded harti they would just be a very small dot in the small kismayo star.
That makes sense. :up:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:18 pm

So guys, like I said, this map reflects what has actually been observed on the ground in terms of either conflict resolution, humanitarian aid, field research, etc.

This map is not using "someone wrote something 10000 miles away using "interviews" of another person.

For too long Somalis have abused legitimate research methodologies like participant observation and interviews to manipulate information.

This is strickly compiled from 1st person accounts entirely from legitimate organizations who have worked on the ground.

For example, this is a compilation I put together of some of the information I used for Marehan in Lower Jubba. They are from IGAD-sponsored reconciliation efforts in Lower Jubba in the last 10 years since AMISOM which included Marehan as "deegaan" or residents.

Image[/size]

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:33 pm

True, Harti, like the Darod of Mogadishu, are urban shareholders with legitimate stakes, but the map actually reflects deegaan---and I can tell you;

I have come across 0 (ZERO) 1st-person accounts of Harti deegaan in Jubbaland; even a single village.

So, naturally----it has been one of my fascinations to understand ; much like the "Marehan of Dhuusamareeb" inconsistency I never understood.

Suffice to say I now understand both issues so well, it is had become a barometer for thr level of historical ignorance of our discourse.

Again, Harti are legitimate urbanites in Kismaayo, much like the Darod of Mogadishu, and both have recently seen similar exodus---Darod in 1991 from Mogadishu and Harti in 1999 from Kismaayo when JVA took over----but the longer history of the "Harti/MJ" name with regards to lower Jubba Valley is absolutely rooted in political engineering.

Here is an explanation I gave before;
Harti, like Mudulood, is a political name on the former Benadir Coast and both signify a union that was originally never really supposed to be a lineage but a response to major political events which throw political organization on top of non politically organized peoples.

Mudulood was formed by the physical capture of Benadir by the Zanzabari Sultanate in late 1700's and early 1800s.

Before, Mogadishu, Barawa, Kilwa, Sofala, etc functioned as INDEPENDENT CITY STATES but which were under the trading "commonwealth" overseen by Oman.

Famously, we know the Omani Sultanate moved to Zanzabar physically and the empire was broken in two; the older line got Zanzabar and younger line got Oman.

The fierce competition between the two resulted in the need to limit the other through direct control of the trade lines. The actual Zanzibar territory around the Zanzabari Island upt to Mombasa physically went and captured the commonwealth and instituted direct rule.

This is the Sultan Barqash Mogadishu we know and would later sell the rights of Benadir to the Italians.

The physical capture of Mogadishu rewarded those who fought against the defeated authority and punished those who fought to keep it in place. The Tunni decline started and the enemies of the Tunni and previous leadership rose. The group in the later started to organjze under Mudulood, initially all who were fighting the Tunni/Geledi system of the pre-Mogadishu capture.

Similarly, originally Kismaayo was... not in existence until the British made a makeshift harbor at the foot of where the Jubba connects with the Ocean. With miles and miles, there were no people there except freed Slaves under British protection.

The Italians immediately followed with a base at the bent of the Jubba where it bends from straight line down at today's Jamaame to go south to Kismaayo.

They called it Margherita (locally Mareeray).

The Italians at that time only formally had Benadir and Obbio, during their seizure of "Majeerteenya" or Bari, some of the opposing extant s of the Majerten boqor were sent as "exiles" to Mareeray, who ended up jumping to British territory which housed the southern Darod (Marehan and Awlyahan in Camel country furtheat uo, Talomoge in Cattle Country with MZubeer in between).

As Jubbaland administration grew after formal union of Jubaland territory in NFD of British East Africa Protectorate, the original Mj exiles led by Sultan Nahar were joined by Dhulahavante/Warsangeli migrants from northern British Somaliland joining other Darood at British Jubbaland.

The MJ name was discarded for Harti as is expected. But this group, functioning, as administrative middle men were never counted anything bigger than can fit one large swimming pool.

But this isn't the Harti whose name you see on Maps then to the end of the "Hariifa" system banned by Italian Somaliland in the 50's.

After the Italians outlawed slavery in Luuq and then forcefully disbanded the master/client system after they took over Jubbaland, the Aweer/Ribi Wa-Boni serfs were relocated systematically through Italian-British cooperation to two camps near their control.

The Ribi became the village of Caanoole near "Margherita/Mareeray"and the Aweer became the village of Burgaabo immediately south of "Kismaayo." Various emancipated Wardeey and coastal bondsman under the name "reer Maanyo" who were under the yolk of the previous Tunni slavers joined the Aweer and Ribi.

With the ensuing politicization of POPULATION and organized administration (concepts of "majority" and "minority"), the Harti name through direct political mobilization become a vehicle for expressing power.

This is how for example, even the name of the united "Harti" group recently partaking in the new Islamic regime wars in Jubbaland, was called "Mucaskar Caanoole."

As "clans." it is even possible that besides "Harti", other groups IN THE LOWER JUBBA, where majority of their numbers results from emancipation in that period, also includes "Muqaabul," "Cawrmale", "Dir", "Hiraab", and "Sheeqaal."

Those are the clans, particularly Harti, Muqaabul, and Awrmale, where a close analysis and deduction from the historic record would yield MAJORITY member whose identities were reorganized from that period.

Other groups where it is certainly less than majority, but in varying numbers inordinately substantial to sizable, are "Mohamed Zuber", "Abdalle", Somali Bantu, "Bajuni", and "Baraawe."

With the Somali Bantu, you will note the distinction between 100% emancipated (as even the original Somali Bantu were slaves) and less than half are from reorganization (the people that joined them are less than the original group).

Sometimes inclusion was force and further victimisation of the Aweer/Ribi/Warseey, etc meant to be protected. This is why they gradually were forced to go further south and south----those of them that absolutely resisted loss of identity.

It got to the point where their only save territory became the triangle area between the Somali and Kenyan coast today known as "Ras Kamboni and on the Kenyan side known as the " WaBoni Reserve"... quite literally declared as a RESERVE for PEOPLE, in this case the Aweer and Ribi, to protect them from cultural death.

From the Shabelle border with Ethiopia to Ras Kamboni the identities there are more shaky than rickety steps which explains everything about why one dominant group hasn't been able to replace the Siad Barre gov.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:20 am

The great American author Edward Gorey once said that "There are so many things we've been brought up to believe that it takes you an awfully long time to realize that they aren't you." As the author articulately expresses, it is normal human behavior to lie, but I am worried about how the Booli-Qaran kids would react once reality hits them in the face. I would not be astounded if many of them end up in psychiatric wards.
Nothing would change the reality, and as a matter of fact, you can make up your observations and plagiarize your altered maps, but the truth will always face you. While Cawlyahan might have moved out in considerable numbers from Bardheere, the city itself, they still have a substantial presence around Baardheere. This is why many of them, especially Afgaab and Reer Cali have been having numerous conferences in NFD and J/Dhexe area to go back home to Baardheere as soon as possible.
Even Bahgeri have been talking about Bardere recently because one of the first settlers of the city was the grandfather of Sayid maxamed along with Geladi Sultan. https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/en ... lah_Hassan
Here is how Jubbaland map should be and the few spots in Baardheere that have changed due to Siyad Barre misplacement policies will be corrected soon:https://i.imgur.com/rdYw9FX.png

If you are altering maps, wouldn't it be a good idea to change all maps fairly? Why have you not modified the Galgaduud map? Check this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ug_map.png

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:02 pm

Guhaad, I think you misunderstand the topic. The map just purports to express how things are.

It doesn't speak to how or if even things need to be any way.

I can tell you personally, as Voltage, I would welcome any Somali, let alone my Ogaadeen brothers, to become my own next door neighbor. I would even house and shelter them if need be.

So Cawlyahan or Bah Geri or any Absame wanting to live in Baardheere or anywhere else in Gedo Region has my complete and unequivocal support.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:28 pm

The closest Mareexaan gets to J/hoose and J/Dhexe is Baardhere; check the link below your hero Barre Hiiraale. He breathed a sigh of relief only when he got to Baardheere.

There is no Mareexaan presence in either of those regions. You can make artificial links from Gedo to Jubada Hoose, but I can assure you that you are irrelevant in J/Hoose and J/Dhexe. As for the Kista itself, you are a minority and vulnerable group. And you can deny as much as you want, but Harti has more say than you in Kismaayo and its surroundings. While there is a Tuullo called Lafa-Harti in the outskirts of Kismaayo, you would never see colonial records linking Mareexaan to anywhere in J/hoose or J/Dhexe. Then there is a Beerxaano with its dozen Talxe families. I will not say anything bad about them as I have matured a bit, but that story is well-documented in terms of how they came there.

A piece advice to you as I have known you for years now, take time from this. You don't want to be associated with all these falsifications and tales, as they will damage any credibility you might have left. For over a decade now, you have been trying to prove something that is not there and that is not good for your health.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.