Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are darood Arab,Eritrean,or Egypt

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Are darood Arab,Eritrean,or Egypt

Postby Gubbet » Mon May 31, 2021 1:42 pm

Waaq is not a cushite god afar beja saho never worshiped Waaq. Only darood and oromo and rendile worshiped Waaq. Waaq is a pagan galla God.
Khalid, there are many, many moments, even when someone is not in agreement with you, where you are a thoughtful, introspective, seriously deep contributor who provides valuable feedback that adds to everyone's understanding participating in discussion.

This is not one of those moments.

Furthermore, I will turn this around on you so you actually understand something you have never understood before.
  • So in social organization what people most value is the reference to "originality" ("old blood") and they call that "pedigree"/patrician/aristocracy.
    • This is why the Ethiopians have that theory of Queen of Shrba and Abraham making their former Kings as an extension of their people "the oldest continuous bloodline in power"
    • ]This is why our modern concept of voting government is directly given Greek referencing like "Democracy" and even institutions like " Senate" named such by the first modern voting society (the US) bevause it alludes to the originality of the system and it's legitimization
    • This is why the first established schools in the US group themselves "Ivy League" cannoting themselves all sorts of distinguiable features based on allusion to old patrician blood/origins when many of them do not measure up to MIT, Standford, Berkeley, etc
  • You see Khalid, if a clan has "Waaq" in their geneology---that is actually PEDIGREE. It is originality. It speaks to a longer existence of its organization recognized in Somali social grouping. Conversely, if a clan does not have "waaq" in their geneology, or the less of it, it speaks to the more recent foundation of the group being informed by how waaq gradually started falling out of favor as Somalis accepted Islam and over the ages replaced more indigenous reference to God. If a clan has completely Islamic naming, for example, it is possible they were even formed social just yesterday and last week could bave been foreign to Somali identity. Like genetic testing uses markers to identify the "period", waaqnis actually one of the markers establishing OLD BLOOD and OLD, CONTINUING social organization in Somali culture.
  • This is similar to another huge misunderstanding which concerns tribal leader nomenclature. Do you notice ALL the groups farthestwest or important to Harar and Adal historically and today have UGAAS as a leader? Mareexaan, Geri Koombe, Gurguure, Bartirre, even Gudabiirsi, Ciise Madoobe, etc etc etc. They all have UGAAS as their leader---do you think this is a coincidence Khalid? Only the leader of Adal was SULTAN and the clans had an Abogasoch with 1 Abogaz for the most important groups (basically a "Warden" like Game of Thrones) who makes decisions at the council table with the Sultan of Adal. And after the separation between Adal and Harar when Adal moved to Aussa defeated in Harar did Harar under Ali Dauud dynasty rebrand itself as an EMIRATE (recognizing the Sultan in Istanbul) still keeping the Abogasoch system for the clans. There was no clan "Sultan", and even more no existence of the real borrowed Oromo title of "Boqor" until the 1800's when European colonialism entered the land and the Abbysinians given guns started weakening and ultimately destroying Harar. So the fact of even having SULTAN and BOQOR is itself indicative of what we urban Americans call "new money." It means "nice car, but it sure isn't a classic"
Khalid there is so much ignorance manifesting nin our culture that what you wrote is actually instructive of informing the opposite.

You think this is about them, when it is about you.

It's not a question of why do you have it, it's a question of "so I don't have it because...."

It means your building looks like money sure as the rest of the block, but there sure isn't "ivy" growing on it for a reason.

Ivy takes a long time to grow.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Mon May 31, 2021 2:02 pm

Only the leader of Adal was SULTAN. And after the separation between Adal and Harar when Adal moved to Aussa did Harar rebrand itself as an EMIRATE (under the Sultan in Istanbul) under the Ali Daa'uud dynasty. There was no clan "Sultan", and even more no existence of the real borrowed Oromo title of "Boqor" until the 1800's when European colonialism entered the land and the Abbysinians given guns started weakening and ultimately destroying Harar. So the fact of even having SULTAN and BOQOR is itself indicative of what we urban Americans call "new money." It means "nice car, but it sure isn't a classic

When I was younger I used to ask myself. Why are Marehan so hated and despised? Surely, it has to do with the Kacaan and MSB. But the more I grew and got into contact with Marehan dhaqan. The more it has to do with everybody else’s insecurities regarding us due to their lack of illustrious history. Marehan are one of the few if not the major clan still from the Adal Sultanate still being a power today. Those clans who don’t have that old blood history resent that and try to bury or do disinformation on it. It’s the curse of being true heirs of Adal. Truly is. Our self belief and confidence comes from oral and written history from that particular era of Adal. Some people will do anything to kill that spirit in Marehan and will even ally with Satan to bring it to fruition. Funny enough it’s the ones we share blood with. And ones who love us but pretend to hate us due to the malpractice of our leader’s underlyings lol. Do you know who I’m referencing Young Idajaa? We have the Adal curse wallahi.
Last edited by ReturnOfMariixmaan on Mon May 31, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Mon May 31, 2021 2:15 pm

The day I realized the same reason why Majerteen absolutely loathes us is the same reason why behind closed doors they are more proud of us being Darod than they are of anything else is the day I realized how deep and complex Marehan's history, culture, and influence is among Somalis. Every single thing I have found out since then makes me think I even underestimated that original realization.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Mon May 31, 2021 2:28 pm

The day I realized the same reason why Majerteen absolutely loathes us is the same reason why behind closed doors they are more proud of us being Darod than they are of anything else is the day I realized how deep and complex Marehan's history, culture, and influence is among Somalis. Every single thing I have found out since then makes me think I even underestimated that original realization.

I look at it as a curse wallahi. What’s happening now is making me more insular. I’ll never buy into “Daroodnimo” bro. And maybe that’s me being reactionary but I even question our self sacrificing nature? My pessimism has even lead me to question our staunch belief in “Somalinimo”! Why go hard for people who hate you and will backstab you every time?

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Mon May 31, 2021 7:13 pm

I probably have habeshi grandmothers down there line or habeshi grandfathers do to marehans and other daroods having habeshi concubines

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Mon May 31, 2021 7:15 pm

@gubbet what’s are the possibilities marehans having habeshi grandmother or grandfathers down the because as you may marehan were living in Amharas and Tigray regions and probably had habeshi slaves and concubines

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Mon May 31, 2021 8:30 pm

I have grown Marehan cousins TODAY who have an actual Amhara mother with their maternal grandparents living in Gondar. That's today. What do you expect when we were even more intermixed before with many converts from Abyssinia and entire groups like Argobba sharing administration with us?

In fact, exchange of girls to marry was even state practice beteeem Absyinnia and Adal and not just within Adal. There many instances of Absyinnian Kings taking as wives daughters of the Kings of Adal and Hadiya.

The exchange was part of elite compacting... Later the next King of Absyinnia has as his own direct "abti" or grandfather or cousin the next Sultan of Adal which contributed to conflict diffusion.

I think also, in particular the federation of Marra was heavily made possible by widespread intermarriage. There are disparate references saying that everytime Adal federated with a Muslim principality, even daughters of the Shariifs of Mecca in an organizaed fashion were directly requested by Adal to contribute to advancing the borders of Islam as Adal was considered a nominal extension of Hejaz and Yemen's ruling leader.

That "advancing" the border was literally joining blood as every single noble housr of the newly federated principality, even minor nobles were cemented with this exchange of marriage.

I am pretty all Marehan are walking around with both Abyssinia, Shariifite, and even European blood brought in through maternal influence at some point in time through elite compacting andnin particular political marriages.

I am walking with a direct and extremely unique European mtDNA right now when I am Marehan with 0 racial admixture, in fact my parents are Marehan, all 4 grandparents are Marehan and even the non-Marehan I am aware of had Marehan mother. For example, I am Marehan, my mother is Marehan, my grandmother is Marehan, her mothern was not Marehan, but the mother who gave birth to her was Marehan; in fact my grandma's non-Marehan mom and dad were cousins, and her dad's father and her non-Marehan mom's mother were brother and sister. So the entire thing just ends back at Marehan.

I am pretty sure I carry this through historic elite compacting because no only am I not admixed across ethnic groups but evrm within Somalis, my blood is not very diversified.

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Mon May 31, 2021 9:07 pm

I have grown Marehan cousins TODAY who have an actual Amhara mother with their maternal grandparents living in Gondar. That's today. What do you expect when we were even more intermixed before with many converts from Abyssinia and entire groups like Argobba sharing administration with us?

In fact, exchange of girls to marry was even state practice beteeem Absyinnia and Adal and not just within Adal. There many instances of Absyinnian Kings taking as wives daughters of the Kings of Adal and Hadiya.

The exchange was part of elite compacting... Later the next King of Absyinnia has as his own direct "abti" or grandfather or cousin the next Sultan of Adal which contributed to conflict diffusion.

I think also, in particular the federation of Marra was heavily made possible by widespread intermarriage. There are disparate references saying that everytime Adal federated with a Muslim principality, even daughters of the Shariifs of Mecca in an organizaed fashion were directly requested by Adal to contribute to advancing the borders of Islam as Adal was considered a nominal extension of Hejaz and Yemen's ruling leader.

That "advancing" the border was literally joining blood as every single noble housr of the newly federated principality, even minor nobles were cemented with this exchange of marriage.

I am pretty all Marehan are walking around with both Abyssinia, Shariifite, and even European blood brought in through maternal influence at some point in time through elite compacting andnin particular political marriages.

I am walking with a direct and extremely unique European mtDNA right now when I am Marehan with 0 racial admixture, in fact my parents are Marehan, all 4 grandparents are Marehan and even the non-Marehan I am aware of had Marehan mother. For example, I am Marehan, my mother is Marehan, my grandmother is Marehan, her mothern was not Marehan, but the mother who gave birth to her was Marehan; in fact my grandma's non-Marehan mom and dad were cousins, and her dad's father and her non-Marehan mom's mother were brother and sister. So the entire thing just ends back at Marehan.

I am pretty sure I carry this through historic elite compacting because no only am I not admixed across ethnic groups but evrm within Somalis, my blood is not very diversified.
European I understand the sheriffite part but European how is that possible

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Mon May 31, 2021 9:43 pm

European I understand the sheriffite part but European how is that possible
Who were the mothers of those Sheriffite daughters? Who did the Sheriffs marry from?

Other daughters of other elites through similar elite compacting?

Marra noble takes on Shariffite wife through elite compacting--->Her Sheriff father had her through a Persian or Armenian or Mediterranean noble-born wife through elite compacting--->that Persian,/Armenian/Mediterranean noble who was her grandfather had her mother a through a Burgundian or Germanic or Frankish noble-born wife through elite compacting

And that's an example of how a modern Marehan Somali from Mudug could end up having an mtDNA from Brittany in France or something.

Do you understand what elite compacting means now?

This is why the Queen of England has the claim she is a descendent of prophet Muhammad----through elite compacting/intermarriage. The Moorish Sultans of Spain had blood from Fatima, their daughters were given to nobke marriages, one ended up contributing to the blood of the Spanish Habsburgs, the Spanish Habsburgs were one of Europes strongest, largest, and most powerful... they held Spain's crown and France's crown and Austra-Hungary's crowm and they had many daughters who were queens of Britain and Russia and etc.

It means "nobles" married other "nobles" as a small exclusive social clique so the Sheriffite daughter who ended up contributing to the advancement of the borders of Islam through the exchange of blood relations with Adal's allies herself was a product many times over of similar exchange of blood relations between her Sheriffite paternal kin and her mother's noble kin who herself was a product many times over of similar exchange

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Mon May 31, 2021 10:20 pm

@gubbet so what your saying is people can have different haplogroups can still be related for example a person with a j haplogroup can have an ancestor who was for example let’s from Spain or Central Asia

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:02 am

@gubbet so what your saying is people can have different haplogroups can still be related for example a person with a j haplogroup can have an ancestor who was for example let’s from Spain or Central Asia
Yes, because the haplogroup is one aspect of your genetic origins.The other aspect is AUTOSOMAL dna.

Above, what I described is the process of how mtDNA OR MATERNAL haplogroup from mother to child can move around due to elite marriages for daughters of nobles.

The process is similar for Y-dna or PATERNAL haplogroup from father to sun. It could inform that your fsther at some point migrated, conquered, traveled to, etc and procreated leading to you being here you are today, if your haplogroup is a minority,

In BOTH groups, when the new lineage comes to existence in the new area, the first generation carrying it intermarry back into the locals, and their children similarly back into locals. After some tjme the lineage becomes similarly affected by the environment and develop similar responses and characteristics, and similar features, and hair and body type, etc. This is called your "autosomal" dna.

Remember the Sheriffite daughter married to the Marra noble, wrll the offspring is 1/2 Sherifite, and his offspring is 1/4 Sherifitte, etc

The offspring on the male line will ALWAYS stay the same original haplogroup as the original y-dna of the father and the girls will always stay the same mtDNA as the Sheriffite mother..

... but The % declining is the direct genetic influence of Sharifitte blood in my genotic makeup. That's the Autosomal DNA.

It will get to a point where I exist carrying an originally displaced/introduced mtDNA haplogroup from Europe but am 100% as Somali, and as 0% European, as another Somali with haplotypically entirely indigenous dna.

Thst 100% Somali is my "Autosomal" DNA.

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:58 am

Yes, because the haplogroup is one aspect of your genetic origins.The other aspect is AUTOSOMAL dna.

Above, what I described is the process of how mtDNA OR MATERNAL haplogroup from mother to child can move around due to elite marriages for daughters of nobles.

The process is similar for Y-dna or PATERNAL haplogroup from father to sun. It could inform that your fsther at some point migrated, conquered, traveled to, etc and procreated leading to you being here you are today, if your haplogroup is a minority,

In BOTH groups, when the new lineage comes to existence in the new area, the first generation carrying it intermarry back into the locals, and their children similarly back into locals. After some tjme the lineage becomes similarly affected by the environment and develop similar responses and characteristics, and similar features, and hair and body type, etc. This is called your "autosomal" dna.

Remember the Sheriffite daughter married to the Marra noble, wrll the offspring is 1/2 Sherifite, and his offspring is 1/4 Sherifitte, etc

The offspring on the male line will ALWAYS stay the same original haplogroup as the original y-dna of the father and the girls will always stay the same mtDNA as the Sheriffite mother..

... but The % declining is the direct genetic influence of Sharifitte blood in my genotic makeup. That's the Autosomal DNA.

It will get to a point where I exist carrying an originally displaced/introduced mtDNA haplogroup from Europe but am 100% as Somali, and as 0% European, as another Somali with haplotypically entirely indigenous dna.

Thst 100% Somali is my "Autosomal" DNA.
why do marehan,dulbahante and leelkase phenotypically look different from other darood and other Somalia they have this south/Asian look to them and I’ve also met marehan who can pass Yemeni/habeshi and even an upper Egyptian

DeborahJohnson1122

Postby DeborahJohnson1122 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:46 pm

Darod are a made up group which was created in 1860 by smaller unrelated tribes to fend off big somali clans of isaaq, hawiye and dir.
best ear doctor near me
This is why they don’t have an abtirsi (lineage) that makes sense as they cobbled together a fake line. It’s also why they have a lot of non Muslim or Somali names in their abtirsi, some of them were oromo

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:28 pm

As of now, I am going by the assumption J is the indigenous Arab origin group. But you are right that the coastal Red Sea Arab in fact all the coastal area go up to Lebanon AND southern Europe on the Mediterranean is E3b.

It must somehow be a coastal seafaring distribution.

Still because it is not the Arab origin group, I am going by the assumption WE gave birth to the Arabs with E3B as opposed to the inverse.

They are us, we are not them.

I am not even them maternally. In fact, my maternal subclade of U3a1 is not even found in the Middle East. It's completely European.

Which means it didn't reach through Arabs and that I am more maternally genetic influenced historically by Europe than Arabs or the Middle East.

It just shows how wrong or far the Arab assumption is.
That’s why you’re Unione 🥂💯

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.