Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

After "Horissamadaga" and "Marahanni", now 17th cen record of nearby "Tomb of Sheikh Seide the saint"

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

After "Horissamadaga" and "Marahanni", now 17th cen record of nearby "Tomb of Sheikh Seide the saint"

Postby Gubbet » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Apparently "Horissamadaga" isn't the only place that underwent a name change, going by "Barudadda" today near Eritrea-Djibouti-Ethio border

So did Marhabout Sheekh Seide, or the "Tomb of saint Sh Seide" in nearby Masawa, Eritrea called today "Green Island" or colloquially "Sheikh Said."

In 1771, James Bruce in hs famous travel identified it as "Sheikh Seide" and as a tomb. The spelling is important as a phonetic record because in his 5 part series, James Bruce distinguishes very clearly the phonetic sound of "AYD" and "EDDE" and spells them accordingly in many places.

This plus the historical evidence of it being a Saint's tomb, hardly reflected in modern information, plus in the same vicinity as where maps from that era label nearby locations as "Marahanni, Marehan stream, and Horissamadaga" is incredibly important information in the attempts to retrace our past and remove some of the haze

Last edited by Gubbet on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: After "Horissamadaga" and "Marahanni", now 17th cen record of nearby "Tomb of Sheikh Seide the saint"

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:54 pm

Bro it’s time you take this seriously. I see you as a scholar wallahi. New generation scholar.

:wow:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: After "Horissamadaga" and "Marahanni", now 17th cen record of nearby "Tomb of Sheikh Seide the saint"

Postby Gubbet » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:03 pm

Historically significant cartographic records to archeological and geographical place setting

In the same area (today's "Danakil Depression") records identifying Marehan and Marehan sub-clans (in particular one very important to a period of immense historical weight to Marehan oral history)

The historic Kingdom of Mara relevant to geographical and oral records of the past

Further historic records of cartographic and geographical material linking or explaining the past and present; capturing migration in action

Eye witness and anthropological direct evidence confirming observable existence of this continuity, describing Harar area even as late as the 1850's as having an identifiable Marehan community requiring need for notation

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Bro it’s time you take this seriously. I see you as a scholar wallahi. New generation scholar.

I am honored by your words Saddam :D

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 pm

I am honored by your words Saddam :D

You and Artan I hold in the highest regard. And they say I hate intellectuals :lol: :lol:

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=400353

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:49 am

So this young man, you have brought him up before and I remember finding him impressive. If you recall Saddam, you had also been suggesting I participate in other forums and venues. I recall telling you I would not even be on this forum either if my little hobby posting stuff like this over the years had not made it a dependable place to find it if looking for it. Mt observation of him was impressive, but brief.

Having taken a better look now, I have constructive criticism for him.

1. The Twitter post you posted is a big no no.I am more aware of the subject matter than the average person, and I am less than 50% confident about what is being fully informed by our brother. That means the presentation is a failure.

2. It is better to overexplain, then under explain. The biggest mistake you could make is to trail off...... leaving it to the reader take the burden of confirming whether they understood what YOU were thinking. We hate that as humans. Do not give them that responsibility. The best instructors are the ones who are even obsessive compulsive about being understood.

3. Finally, theory and art have an INVERSE have an inverse relationship between how they are informed theoritically vs

In art, we like growing complexity, the more simple and understandable growing into so much complexity we are blowm away

In theory however it is thr opposite. We EXPECT not to understand at first as that is the point of "learning"... But for the process to be considered a success, it has to result in decreasing complexity as that's what is meant by "understanding".. the most successful instructor takes his "student" to the "AHA" moment almost at the end where the person SNAPS THEIR FINGER and they understand the concept so well, there break with the entire experience of ignorance on the isshe

With this Twitter post, I feel like this;

Tell him, explain, explain, explain until you feel a 3 grader listening can understand that. That's when your presentation is a success.

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:01 am

Sheikh seide sounds a lot like Sade don’t you think what are the likes that marehan migrated from masawa,asab area in to the afar region then to harar and then in to sanaag

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:32 am

So this young man, you have brought him up before and I remember finding him impressive. If you recall Saddam, you had also been suggesting I participate in other forums and venues. I recall telling you I would not even be on this forum either if my little hobby posting stuff like this over the years had not made it a dependable place to find it if looking for it. Mt observation of him was impressive, but brief.

Having taken a better look now, I have constructive criticism for him.

1. The Twitter post you posted is a big no no.I am more aware of the subject matter than the average person, and I am less than 50% confident about what is being fully informed by our brother. That means the presentation is a failure.

2. It is better to overexplain, then under explain. The biggest mistake you could make is to trail off...... leaving it to the reader take the burden of confirming whether they understood what YOU were thinking. We hate that as humans. Do not give them that responsibility. The best instructors are the ones who are even obsessive compulsive about being understood.

3. Finally, theory and art have an INVERSE have an inverse relationship between how they are informed theoritically vs

In art, we like growing complexity, the more simple and understandable growing into so much complexity we are blowm away

In theory however it is thr opposite. We EXPECT not to understand at first as that is the point of "learning"... But for the process to be considered a success, it has to result in decreasing complexity as that's what is meant by "understanding".. the most successful instructor takes his "student" to the "AHA" moment almost at the end where the person SNAPS THEIR FINGER and they understand the concept so well, there break with the entire experience of ignorance on the isshe

With this Twitter post, I feel like this;

Tell him, explain, explain, explain until you feel a 3 grader listening can understand that. That's when your presentation is a success.

Honestly, your understanding of this all warrants serious scholarly attention. Forget the internet my friend, this is just as disruptive as I am in certain lanes hahahaha. You in teaching me deconstructed the I.M. Lewis stagnant interpretation of Somali studies. A lot of preconceived notions I had about Somali historiography were shattered. He’ll know I sent word. We’ll see.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:14 pm

Marbout Sheekh Seide or the Tomb of Sh Seide near modern-day Massawa, Eritrea

-On the east, not far from Barudadda, Ethiopia formerly known as "Horisammadaga"

-On the south, similarly not far from Marehan Shet stream of the Hawash River and valley called "Marehanni"

Drawn in 1771 by Robert Bruce

Magnificent

Last edited by Gubbet on Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:30 pm

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:00 pm

@gubbet there is a small village in toghdheer name suuq Sade was that’s area settled by marehan and one more thing there are a tribe from the beja from the Beni amir called amarar wich shocking similar to amanreer marehan who live in Eritrea,Sudan,the red areas of egypt

adamnorr

Postby adamnorr » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:51 am

@gubbet there is a small village in toghdheer name suuq Sade was that’s area settled by marehan and one more thing there are a tribe from the beja from the Beni amir called amarar wich shocking similar to amanreer marehan who live in Eritrea,Sudan,the red areas of egypt
Suiq Sade and burro wagardac are both togdhher

adamnorr

Postby adamnorr » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:52 am

Marehan lived in togdheer which was part of Marehan country until British bombing we moved to reserve area like dollo state esp wagerdac and Reer dalal

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Marehan lived in togdheer which was part of Marehan country until British bombing we moved to reserve area like dollo state esp wagerdac and Reer dalal
What about cali dheere did migrate from harar jigjiga area or did they migrate from Sanaag bari

adamnorr

Postby adamnorr » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:30 pm

What about cali dheere did migrate from harar jigjiga area or did they migrate from Sanaag bari
Marehan were facing semoultenous attacks from amxaaro and British until 2021.

By the way celi dheere moved from sanaal 200 years before Mohamed saw as pastrolists they ventured in harar sitti awbarre to haud caabudwaaq shilavo wardher and moved in mass to gedo 1850 and 1964-1977 Ethiopian border invasions and HAILE SELASIE raids.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.