Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reference for "Gedo has the most camels of any region on Somalia"

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Reference for "Gedo has the most camels of any region on Somalia"

Postby NGM » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Adan Loow and the certain “prophecy” or that’s still gonna be in the vaults? Who were the actual founders and their subs etc
Most people think MX history started with Kacaan, but i think it really started with Adan Loow. :lol:
Didn't you hear about the emir of somalis in Harar :lol: . It goes like this, "The somalis with their emiru hiraabu."
And his son Garad Axmed, he is hardly mentioned by anyone on the forum as if his left no legacy behind when its clearly there in black and in white.

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:51 pm

Most people think MX history started with Kacaan, but i think it really started with Adan Loow. :lol:
Didn't you hear about the emir of somalis in Harar :lol: . It goes like this, "The somalis with their emiru hiraabu."
And his son Garad Axmed, he is hardly mentioned by anyone on the forum as if his left no legacy behind when its clearly there in black and in white.
It's cognitive dissonance. They hold false beliefs of mx history starting with Kacaan, so when they are confronted with real information of marehan having a greater history than the kacaan their brains can't take it. They go into denial and try to act as if the text doesn't exist. While at the same time quoting other parts of the text. :lol:

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:56 pm

Saddam, what exactly would you like to find out?
Adan Loow and the certain “prophecy” or that’s still gonna be in the vaults? Who were the actual founders and their subs etc
Yaa Ibnu ilkoyar, a word of warning:
Let not through the imprudence of heedless youth, neglect due care and attention required to keep a lid on highly sensitive and classified information pertaining to the beesha.

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NGM » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:08 pm

It's cognitive dissonance. They hold false beliefs of mx history starting with Kacaan, so when they are confronted with real information of marehan having a greater history than the kacaan their brains can't take it. They go into denial and try to act as if the text doesn't exist. While at the same time quoting other parts of the text. :lol:
MX started with Kacaan is not even an insult we are talking about the longest ruling regime for crying out loud, and all Somalis agree the first decade of its rule was benevolent. How is it cay, the real cay is your history started and ended with the Italians, they just don't know it. :lol:

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:09 pm

Yaa Ibnu ilkoyar, a word of warning:
Let not through the imprudence of heedless youth, neglect due care and attention required to keep a lid on highly sensitive and classified information pertaining to the beesha.

Speak plainly

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Starkast,

Marehan history is long and underrated. In my opinion, the Kacaan buried Marehan history or deemphasized it to promote other regions and clans especially Kabalax kkk that’s my opinion. This should’ve been the mainstream history imho. And I think MSB did that not to seem qabiileste. But some still called him qabiileste lmao. You can’t win with xoolo 68IQ
You are right about 1 in the kacaan, Qabil was suppressed on a local level as social harmony.

I think Mx history is less well known maybe due to the lack of it or because most of it is oral - There aren't enough writers on this subject who are distinguished.

Most people think MX history started with Kacaan, but i think it really started with Adan Loow.
Another one with lack of unbiased evidence :lol:

Northkil6

Postby Northkil6 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:38 pm

@DrKheyre Mashallah I didn’t even know that, that’s honourable of him and your definitely right about habaryar wax ka adag weligey ma arkin, xayi bey eheed so it’s no surprise she made it to the age of 97, AUN

DrKheyre

Postby DrKheyre » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:14 pm

@ReturnOfMariixmaan What prophecy are you referencing regarding ina Shire Jamaac aun

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:07 pm

Saddam, ah . We will reserve the disclosure of information regarding that and a great number of tid bits that contribute to the continuity of a long storyline for now at least.

Will put together some of the NU stuff later.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:43 pm

Saddam, ah . We will reserve the disclosure of information regarding that and a great number of tid bits that contribute to the continuity of a long storyline for now at least.

Will put together some of the NU stuff later.

I agree young Idajaa. The chamber of secrets shall stay closed my slime lmao 🐍 🐍

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:02 pm

I sometimes forgrt how much shit I have shared with you. You have been my second opinion or different perspective on many finds. It is funny in hindsight that almost none of the stuff that most impressed you or elicited the greatest reaction about my finds on Marehan history have ever been shared by me publicly
yet. So when you give lead on questions like "do you think its TIIIMMEEEE..." in topics like this or the Futuh clarification or Harar disintegration or the colonial elections etc, it always makes me chuckle 8-)

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 pm

I think Mx history is less well known maybe due to the lack of it or because most of it is oral - There aren't enough writers on this subject who are distinguished.
Starkast, no you are incorrect about what you interptet from that assumption. Marehan is actually one of the top most, if not most documented Somali clan in writren history.

For example, I have 73 direct files specifically about Marehan in British colonial intelligence records, more than ALL other specific files about Somali clans combined.

Combined, dude. And people think it was everyday occurrence that the British gave up a territory the size of Jubbaland with the only permanent River in the entire land (as it's natural boundary even).

No, the British gave it up because of MAREHAN.

You know how we used to debate with the OGs about the "Aulyahan Uprising" and Abdirahaman Mursaal?

The articles we were debating were using THESE files as references.

You know what I showed Saddam like I said above, but never even disclosed it publicly.

EVEN the moment where Abdirahaman Mursaal and his band did that infamous ambush of Eliot and killed him, ON THE SCENE the Brits were dividing themselves up sending most of the arrivals on the scene to MAREHAN, including the force commander, to prevenr Marehan and/or convince them nor to shelter Mursaal. He literally writes on the spot and even to the Secretary of the Colonies later of the issue 1st, 2nd, priority was Marehan what they would infer from this which of the murder of Eliot was tragic would be calamitous and the last priority was how quickly it would take to get Mursal.

So no, you are absolutely incorrect on documentation.

What explains the question what Somalis havr had for.modern print is called "GRIEVANCE."

1. Apparently Somalis have no history before 1969, because almost ALL of what Somalis have written about history is primarily about post-1969 Somalia, Siad Barre, the civil war.

2. And thr majority of them were grievous about Siad Barre and the Kacaan speaking ON their grievance, including even the small and heavily biased part devoted to some of the colonial era repurposed to contrast with fhr grievance they claimed under Barre.

So I have actually ironically come to understand the entire psychological underpinning of "Marehan history starts at 1969" is really THEIR CONCEPT OF SOMALI HISTORY ACTUALLY STARTS IN 1969 AND MAREHAN WAS THEIR MAIN ANTAGONIST.

Have you seen a SINGLE Somali historian writing on the 1800's? How about before the 1800's?

Have you seen a SINGLE Somali historian write in medieval Somali history or a book abouy Adal or even write a mainstream normal history book about the mythical Ajuuraan?

No, you haven't.

You know why?

98% of Somali groups do not show up in the record.

And Marehan does.

So you are right in one thing; we don't have many mainstream historians and writers, but what you don't understand is, the few we have were motivated by feeling of GRIEVANCE (against Kacaan) and it is they who made Somali history and relavance limited primarily to the timeframr that informs their grievance.

Because the irony is, thr longer you move back from that time frame, the less Somali social groups in general are part of written history and among the few that are, it is the greatest of ironies that Marehan is among the most illustriously and DISPROPORTIONATELY identified and documented Somali groups in the written record

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Gubbet,

You did share a lot with me. And it’s glorious truly it is.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.