Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Magta Maxamed Daud

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Magta Maxamed Daud

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:48 am

A eedo used this term and I asked obviously what she meant by it. And she said the Somalis use it, she doesn’t know. Also I suspect the saying Somali Maxamed comes from Boqor Maxamed Daud. Young Idajaa come in and explain

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Magta Maxamed Daud

Postby Gubbet » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:49 pm

A eedo used this term and I asked obviously what she meant by it. And she said the Somalis use it, she doesn’t know. Also I suspect the saying Somali Maxamed comes from Boqor Maxamed Daud. Young Idajaa come in and explain
Saddam watch this; what do you hear at @ 4:16?

FYI: Xaliimo Soofe was MJ/Cumar Maxmuud and this was Morgan and Harti in Kismaayo area in 1993.

Tell me what you hear @ 4:16 when she threatens USC.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:47 am

Saddam watch this; what do you hear at @ 4:16?

FYI: Xaliimo Soofe was MJ/Cumar Maxmuud and this was Morgan and Harti in Kismaayo area in 1993.

Tell me what you hear @ 4:16 when she threatens USC.

This a caliber of Somali I need to decipher, as you well know our language is a rich complex language. Excuse my ignorance Jaale but I’m a say wallahi nigga. MJ women are more lit than their men. But there were a few in my life that I respect, the men I mean. It’s the politics and double talk I got smoke with. End of the day it’s business not personal. Niggas is tol but this business. She describes the mentality I got beef with honestly. Niggas start beef and fuck up the money. But she kept it gangsta tho. Very fine feminist critique in a civil war setting, post modern asf. Spooky vibes. Niggas can drop this on insta and I’ll blow no cap

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NGM » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:04 am

Magta Maxamed Daud is common lingo it just means something is unbearable or huge burden. As you know Mag of a woman is half of a man, and mag of a suldaan I believe is 5 or 7 times that of a man, Maxamed Daud was Boqor so his mag was probably even more than that, it is very similar to Germanic blood money where the kings blood money is insane amount meant to be unpayable, basically an eternal burden.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:23 am

Magta Maxamed Daud is common lingo it just means something is unbearable or huge burden. As you know Mag of a woman is half of a man, and mag of a suldaan I believe is 5 or 7 times that of a man, Maxamed Daud was Boqor so his mag was probably even more than that, it is very similar to Germanic blood money where the kings blood money is insane amount meant to be unpayable, basically an eternal burden.
Ahh makes sense. I get it now

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:42 pm

There have been many Somali Boqoro and Ugaasyo and Salaadiin that have been killed. They have no sayings.

A saying is a living cultural artifact. It is a warning or advice or guide or wisdom from those in the present to those in the future.And something must be so compelling, extenuating, so uniquely informing that it becomes the object of the wisdom itself.

Saddam &NGM, Mohamed Da'uud saying isn't attributable to simply having been a King.

And nor is his blood price the object of the wisdom.

The object of the wisdom is what Marehan did to one of their own and the wisdom itself is the size of the consequences merited.

punishment imposed on the Hawrarsame [...] for a historical incident [that took place a] long time ago (possibly more than a hundred years ago) in which the Hawrarsame were seen as committing treason to the Marehan. (ibid.)

The anthropologist explained that, reportedly,

[t]he Hawrarsame were of "good descent," but in fact were disowned and acquired a "despised" status within the Marehan due to a historical event in the 14th century: a Hawrarsame man [...] killed the prestigious Darood leader (the "boqor") Mahamed Da'ud, and remarkably, the whole sub-clan of Hawrarsame was blamed.

https://www.refworld.org/docid/551d0d9b4.html

Saddam, she is promising USC retribution/payment and the form of her gabay is GUBAABO. I have seen gubaabo sometimes described as "incitement," but the best literary translation (gubaabo is not always about war, it could be about rising to the challenge) is "STIMULATION." The gabay is not "for" USC, she is simply addressing them, but through them to speak to her side; the men in front of her.

She is stimulating their passions with how they are going to avenge them. And she is doing it by describing to the other side THE CONSEQUENCES THEIR ACTIONS MERITED

HADAADAN DALKAA GUBAYSAAN
DUSHIIN LAGA GOYNOO
HADAAN MAGTII MAXAMED DAA'UUD
LAGAA DALDALINOO

HADAADAN ALLAW DUNIDAAN
YEEY DHAAFSHA BIDINOO
HADAAN DAREEN ABADAN AHI
DOOBIGAAGA NOQONOO
HADAADAN XAGEE NABAD KA DOONAA
MU'DOOW U DIB-JIRINOO
DAAROOD KAMA DHALAN,
HURDO SEEXDOO. DUG DHAHA

IF YOUR SKIN ISN'T BRANDED,
LIKE THE BURNS YOU CAUSE THIS NATION
IF SLOWLY MOHAMED DAUD'S BLOOD PRICE
ISN'T EXTRACTED BY THE HANGING ROPE

IF YOU DON'T CRY OUT FOR DEATH
THAN SUFFER MORE YOUR SENTENCE
AND THAT WRETCHED INTENSE YEARNING
YOUR ETERNALLY CONDEMNED NEED
IF YOU DON'T BECOME LOST BETWEEN WORLDS
SEEKING SECURITY MADE ELUSIVE TO YOU
IF YOU EVER FIND A MOMENT OF RESPITE,
I SWEAR MY VEINS CARRY NOT THE BLOOD OF DAROD

Look at how important Mohamed Da'uud's blood price is so instrumental for carrying her vengeance.

She uses the word "daldalo" which is death by hanging. What is the process of death by hanging?

Horribly slow; especially if your neck doesn't break cleanly or fast; you literally slowly have life squeezed out of you as your throat is constricted and air is denied. That's why people shake and have seeming tremor like moments as everything is slowly squeezed out of their lungs.

It is a long painful payment your actions have merited is what she is saying using as foundation the extraordinary judgement Mareham reaped on one of their own brothers.

If some judged their own brother such a way because they felt the action was that extraordinary, what do you think about you and your actions is the point.

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Celi is too famous :lol:

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:32 pm

There have been many Somali Boqoro and Ugaasyo and Salaadiin that have been killed. They have no sayings.

A saying is a living cultural artifact. It is a warning or advice or guide or wisdom from those in the present to those in the future.And something must be so compelling, extenuating, so uniquely informing that it becomes the object of the wisdom itself.

Saddam &NGM, Mohamed Da'uud saying isn't attributable to simply having been a King.

And nor is his blood price the object of the wisdom.

The object of the wisdom is what Marehan did to one of their own and the wisdom itself is the size of the consequences merited.

punishment imposed on the Hawrarsame [...] for a historical incident [that took place a] long time ago (possibly more than a hundred years ago) in which the Hawrarsame were seen as committing treason to the Marehan. (ibid.)

The anthropologist explained that, reportedly,

[t]he Hawrarsame were of "good descent," but in fact were disowned and acquired a "despised" status within the Marehan due to a historical event in the 14th century: a Hawrarsame man [...] killed the prestigious Darood leader (the "boqor") Mahamed Da'ud, and remarkably, the whole sub-clan of Hawrarsame was blamed.

https://www.refworld.org/docid/551d0d9b4.html

Saddam, she is promising USC retribution/payment and the form of her gabay is GUBAABO. I have seen gubaabo sometimes described as "incitement," but the best literary translation (gubaabo is not always about war, it could be about rising to the challenge) is "STIMULATION." The gabay is not "for" USC, she is simply addressing them, but through them to speak to her side; the men in front of her.

She is stimulating their passions with how they are going to avenge them. And she is doing it by describing to the other side THE CONSEQUENCES THEIR ACTIONS MERITED

DUSHIIN LAGA GOYNOO
LAGAA DALDALINOO

HADAADAN ALLAW DUNIDAAN
YEEY DHAAFSHA BIDINOO
HADAAN DAREEN ABADAN AHI
DOOBIGAAGA NOQONOO
MU'DOOW U DIB-JIRINOO
DAAROOD KAMA DHALAN,
HURDO SEEXDOO. DUG DHAHA

Look at how important Mohamed Da'uud's blood price is so instrumental for carrying her vengeance.

She uses the word "daldalo" which is death by hanging. What is the process of death by hanging?

Horribly slow; especially if your neck doesn't break cleanly or fast; you literally slowly have life squeezed out of you as your throat is constricted and air is denied. That's why people shake and have seeming tremor like moments as everything is slowly squeezed out of their lungs.

It is a long painful payment your actions have merited is what she is saying using as foundation the extraordinary judgement Mareham reaped on one of their own brothers.

If some judged their own brother such a way because they felt the action was that extraordinary, what do you think about you and your actions is the point.

This is some rap shit no cap :lol: :lol:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:52 am

Yeah stylistically the more sting Gubaabo wants to cause, the less it is sung and the shorter the lines are. It doesn't want to impress, it wants to instigate so no long prose, it becomes similar to the basis of spoken word, short, clipped and the metaphor is the kicker;

Mohamed Dauud's mag = Darod wealth& assets seized in Xamar = The Bililiqo's price

"Doob" is a bachelor, man who has never married.

But Doob is also when the MALE CAMEL is ready to mate. Anyone who is a Somali has either seen a male camel in a state of sexual excitement or has had it described to them. I don't know about you, but I have never herded a camel or seen them ready to mate. But I have heard it described to me at least a half dozen times in my lifetime.

It is not 🚫 a pretty sight. Apparently they are in such a fervor and the need is so excruciating THEY BITE INTO A PEICE OF THE INSIDE OF THEIR MOUTH AND SPIT IT OUT.

That piece of bitten matter is called DOOBBI and that state of fervor is called DOOBBADILAACSI = sexual maturity

If you combine the two translations; that state of unbearable, excruciating immediate need to mate + a male bachelor who has never married, what do you get?

Look at how she combines that to describe how these guys should make them wish for death

DUSHIIN LAGA GOYNOO
LAGAA DALDALINOO
HADAADAN ALLAW DUNIDAAN
YEEY DHAAFSHA BIDINOO
HADAAN DAREEN ABADAN AHI
DOOBIGAAGA NOQONOO

MU'DOOW U DIB-JIRINOO
DAAROOD KAMA DHALAN,
HURDO SEEXDOO. DUG DHAHA

Everything is perfectly chosen and expertly clipped and concise.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:27 am

Yeah stylistically the more sting Gubaabo wants to cause, the less it is sung and the shorter the lines are. It doesn't want to impress, it wants to instigate so no long prose, it becomes similar to the basis of spoken word, short, clipped and the metaphor is the kicker;

Mohamed Dauud's mag = Darod wealth& assets seized in Xamar = The Bililiqo's price

"Doob" is a bachelor, man who has never married.

But Doob is also when the MALE CAMEL is ready to mate. Anyone who is a Somali has either seen a male camel in a state of sexual excitement or has had it described to them. I don't know about you, but I have never herded a camel or seen them ready to mate. But I have heard it described to me at least a half dozen times in my lifetime.

It is not 🚫 a pretty sight. Apparently they are in such a fervor and the need is so excruciating THEY BITE INTO A PEICE OF THE INSIDE OF THEIR MOUTH AND SPIT IT OUT.

That piece of bitten matter is called DOOBBI and that state of fervor is called DOOBBADILAACSI = sexual maturity

If you combine the two translations; that state of unbearable, excruciating immediate need to mate + a male bachelor who has never married, what do you get?

Look at how she combines that to describe how these guys should make them wish for death

DUSHIIN LAGA GOYNOO
LAGAA DALDALINOO
HADAADAN ALLAW DUNIDAAN
YEEY DHAAFSHA BIDINOO
HADAAN DAREEN ABADAN AHI
DOOBIGAAGA NOQONOO

MU'DOOW U DIB-JIRINOO
DAAROOD KAMA DHALAN,
HURDO SEEXDOO. DUG DHAHA

Everything is perfectly chosen and expertly clipped and concise.

You get Young JFK 8-) his dream was to bring Camelot. Mines is to bring back Adal

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:42 am

A dream that won’t come true however. No matter how hard I try. The strategy game I play online like Total War: Three Kingdoms where I win. In reality, you win or lose. And for Somalia reality sucks. That also won’t change the fact that there are numerous UN troops, multiple foreign troops especially from hostile and non hostile countries. A populace and diaspora that doesn’t care. Honestly bro, Somalia won’t be great again for a while. Its fun discussing it on forums and shit. But it’s hopeless oh well.

DeborahJohnson1122

Postby DeborahJohnson1122 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:40 pm

A eedo used this term and I asked obviously what she meant by it. And she said the Somalis use it, she doesn’t know. Also I suspect the saying Somali Maxamed comes from Boqor Maxamed Daud. Young Idajaa come in and explain navigate to the nearest bp gas station

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.