Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question about the liban zone ReturnOfMariixan come in

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Question about the liban zone ReturnOfMariixan come in

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:10 am

How large is this, how many people live there, what sub clans of marexan live here, I have already heard of reer hassan and reer garaad and also how much land do marexan own and which parts do they live in?

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Question about the liban zone ReturnOfMariixan come in

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:08 am

Let's start with Deka Suftu, the newest woreda in Liban Region and the closest Somali district (woreda) to Nageyle, Ethiopia's most important southern city.

Deka Suftu in the 1890's according to Bottego

Deka Suftu in the 1940's according to Haile Selassie

Deka Suftu since 1992

Deka Suftu now im 2021 according to the University of Gonder, Ethiopia and the The University of Jigjiga, Ethiopia Schools of Geography

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:34 am

Deka Suftu WOREDA (DISTRICT) according to the most recent Somali Region of Ethiopia Administrative Map for 2021 fiscal year

1. An update to the 100 year old British propaganda map

1. Image
    2. Image
  2. A correction to the "Abiikar Map" where apparently even the Marehan towns of Beled-Xaawo, Dollow, Ceel-Waaq, and even Ceel-Cadde (all located in Gedo) where Kenya blamed the Marehan/rer Garad locals for causing her biggest military setback in history (vs Al Shabab) are not even Marehan let alone Deka Suftu in Liban.
Last edited by Gubbet on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:00 am

As for why I called it British "propaganda" map, they are on record for ethnically displacing Marehan the same time they were drawing the maps.

"Major Grant" admitting to have "personally" carried out the [TEMPORARY] displacement of Marehan from Liban "back" "into" Gedo borders.

This in the book written by Gufu Oba, a top.academic historian Ethiopian Borana history. He is Borana himself and the book is called Nomads in the Shadows.of Empires

This was the post-war period in 1944 when Britain militarily controlled Liban.

ImageImage

Ironically, the government of Haile Selassie did not even want Marehan removed, calling them one of their best tax paying communities. Marehan even in Somalia are the most livestock rich Somali clan per capita.

The British propaganda map officially went defunct in 2021 when DEKA SUFTU became etched on the official map adorning the Government Offices of Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:19 am

1. Finally, the Source for the livestock wealth in Somalia claim
  2. We don't make claims here that aren't correborated by serious and informed referencing here.

1. This livestock per capita claim is from the World Bank.

2. The previous sources are all serious, academic PEER REVIEWED research from Prof Oba, a an Ethiopian Oromo/Borana scholar,

3. Deka Suftu's CURRENT ethnic majority being Marehan are from the cited works from the Universities of Gondar and Jigjiga, both in Ethiopia and both sourced in detail above.

3. The historical map has those additions from Botteggo, the most famous and 1st of the Italian explorers to traverse southern Ethiopia to the Indian Ocean. The map can be found on the Library of Congress website.
    • Carta dimostrativa dell' Etiopia. | Library of Congress

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am

Gubbet already answered you before I could with primary sources.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 am

Forgot one claim, the 2021 Somali Region of Ethiopia Administrative Map with the 4 Districts (Woreda) of Liban including Deka Suftu, the newest woreda in Somali Region;

Saddam,

My bad dude. Deka Suftu and Liban are one of my absolute favorite topics within Sade equity. There are some topics in MX history where output doesn't necessarily reflect subjective captivation, but like like Emir Nur, and migration, Deka Suftu/Liban's modern unique storyline absolutely captivates me. I even plan to 100% go to Deka. :D
It really just fascinates me how it is a little microcosm of everything informed by Marehan's long history and it has been playing out right in front of us uniquely it's own separate storyline. It's fascinating.

juelz
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby juelz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:22 am

Liben zone is Garre 90% , marexaan is small minority in Liben zone. There are also Murulle and Dagoodi in that zone. Facts.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:59 am

Liben zone is Garre 90% , marexaan is small minority in Liben zone. There are also Murulle and Dagoodi in that zone. Facts.
Unfortunately, you're fundamentally ignorant on this subject, particularly at its very base; geographically.

Essentially, you are geographically ignorant on a geographical topic in which imposed your ill-intention.

1. Garre clan does not live in Liban of 2021.
    • Garre lives in "Dawwa."
  2. Garre woredas have been torn from all previous districts they were part of and made into their own district called Dawwa.
    • Dawwa contains the consolidated Garre woredas of Hudet, Mubaarak, Gadaaduma, and part of Mooyaale
  3. Dawwa is immediately south of Liban
    • Again, there is no Garre constituency forming part of this Liban District as of the 2021 Map They have all been consolidated under the new Dawwa district.
  4. Image
I read what I wrote 3X being a little displeased by my decidedly direct and biting tone. I made the unsatisfying decision not to edit myself finding the tone regretfully proportionate and even necessary to the extent of your ill-intention and history of malice and enmity towards Marehan, almost always unsolicited and preemptive on your part.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:06 pm

Forgot one claim, the 2021 Somali Region of Ethiopia Administrative Map with the 4 Districts (Woreda) of Liban including Deka Suftu, the newest woreda in Somali Region;

Saddam,

My bad dude. Deka Suftu and Liban are one of my absolute favorite topics within Sade equity. There are some topics in MX history where output doesn't necessarily reflect subjective captivation, but like like Emir Nur, and migration, Deka Suftu/Liban's modern unique storyline absolutely captivates me. I even plan to 100% go to Deka. :D
It really just fascinates me how it is a little microcosm of everything informed by Marehan's long history and it has been playing out right in front of us uniquely it's own separate storyline. It's fascinating.

Gubbet,

It’s cool. I know you’ll post primary sources for claims and fact check disinformation. You’re a historian, I don’t really care as long as the info is accurate and yours is credible and accurate. No biggie. Libaan is fascinating, it could be our second breadbasket and it has untapped natural resources.

Juelz,

Sometimes it’s cool to speak when you have no emotions involved. Clearly you don’t know the facts but your emotions spoke. You’re a grown man. Don’t let cuqdad eat you. It’s okay MXs aren’t the most perfect people but we aren’t monsters Jaale.

juelz
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby juelz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:19 pm

Why would I have cuqdaad against anyone I am from the might maxamud salebaan. I am just stating facts, give me real facts bro.

juelz
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby juelz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:31 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liben_Zone

Liben zone (Somali: Daawa) is one of the nine zones of the Somali Region of Ethiopia. Daawa is bordered on the south by Kenya, on the northwest by the Oromia Region, on the northeast by Afder, and on the southeast by Somalia's federal state of Jubaland. Towns in Daawa zone include Filtu, Gof Bokolmayo, Deka Suftu, and Dolo.

Demographics Edit

Based on the 2007 Census conducted by the Central Statistical Agency of Ethiopia (CSA), this Zone has a total population of 339,821, of whom 197,315 are men and 142,506 women. While 46,892 or 8.69% are urban inhabitants, a further 258,214 or 47.83% were pastoralists. The largest ethnic group reported in Liban zone was the Somalis (99.55%); all other ethnic groups made up 0.45% of the population. Somali language is spoken as a first language by 99.52%; the remaining 0.48% spoke all other primary languages reported. 98.57% of the population said they were Muslim.[1]

The Largest clan in Liben zone is Garreh who is 94% of the population.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 pm

Juelz,

Gubbet gave you more than sufficient facts and primary sources going back nearly a 180 years ago. Whether you accept those facts isn’t the point. If this was a court case, our side has proved our case without a reasonable doubt. Anybody with intellectual rigor would see that. The onus isn’t on us. But YOU to rebuttal with any points contrary to the evidence laid out in this thread bro. Nothing more or less. From my POV, it’s your internal rivalry with us speaking not genuine intellectual engagement.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liben_Zone

Liben zone (Somali: Daawa) is one of the nine zones of the Somali Region of Ethiopia. Daawa is bordered on the south by Kenya, on the northwest by the Oromia Region, on the northeast by Afder, and on the southeast by Somalia's federal state of Jubaland. Towns in Daawa zone include Filtu, Gof Bokolmayo, Deka Suftu, and Dolo.

Demographics Edit

Based on the 2007 Census conducted by the Central Statistical Agency of Ethiopia (CSA), this Zone has a total population of 339,821, of whom 197,315 are men and 142,506 women. While 46,892 or 8.69% are urban inhabitants, a further 258,214 or 47.83% were pastoralists. The largest ethnic group reported in Liban zone was the Somalis (99.55%); all other ethnic groups made up 0.45% of the population. Somali language is spoken as a first language by 99.52%; the remaining 0.48% spoke all other primary languages reported. 98.57% of the population said they were Muslim.[1]

You sourced Wikipedia, a free, editable online space.

On top of that, the information written on the space sources something from 2007.

It is obvious the problem here is a communication issue.

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Isn't that a rather specific number, Juelz. :pac:. It also seems to be a new entry made by a random user who joined JUST 2 DAYS AGO and as soon as he joined he made that edit in the libaan article. He also made an edit to another article about mandheera. Curiously enough, no edit to dhawa zone. The guy knows some information about garre, but not enough to hide the fact he isn't one. Anyways, you're more ignorant than the troll who wrote that edit. Since you're quoting him as some sort of evidence or source.

The whole page's edit history is funny. To begin with, the first person who added the whole largest clan sentence seemed to be someone who was using their IP to troll and edit pages. His other edits consist of, "yo this is abdi stuck in africa free me" in a minnesota article, and other trollish edits. Then from then, it was just a battle of people trying to insert their clan in their sentence or try to remove the sentence. At one point, mx was written in place of the garreh, but soon enough it was changed to degoodia. then now changed to garreh. Ofc the first troll who started this mess just wrote whatever he wanted. With no sources.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.