Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major clue about Facaye; found next to "Merihan" plains not far from "Horissamadaga" in the Awash Valley.

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Major clue about Facaye; found next to "Merihan" plains not far from "Horissamadaga" in the Awash Valley.

Postby Gubbet » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:40 pm

So before it was relayed how quite a number of some of the most significant geographies in the greater Awash Valley particular between Djibouti and Afar Region, Ethiopia are named after Marehan socio-cultural entities.

And they are all significantly close to Harar.

We have come across this historical map of "Fiao" in the North of Ethiopia which we thought was oddly evocative of "Facaye/Facayo", the second son of Sade, brother of Marehan shrouded in mystery.

1. I can now confirm that historical "Fiao" was indeed nomenclaturally "Facaye/Facayo"
    • And that it is ON the greater "Merihan plains" south of the modern Arta Region in Djibouti and in the Afar Triangle of Ethiopia

2. In the vicinity of the largest SALT reserves in the world today at Lake Assal.
    • Salt is important to the history of Marehan in particular as was discussed in a topic about "Hodanbari" where Hodan /Prosperity was theorized to mean Salt.

3. Here is "Facaye" as late as this colonial area British map of the area.
    • Notice the Somali pronunciation "Fa-Caye" with the glottal stop is clearly represented by the apostrophe " which is very significant.

"Fa-ayo" IN the "Marehan" plains CONTAINING prominent settlement of "Horisammadaga" WITHIN the greater Harar area & the Awash Valley NEXT to Lake Assal the largest salt reserves in the world today.

If this was a criminal case and those clues were evidence against a person named "Facaye," if I were an officer, I would have enough probable cause for an arrest.

THERE.IS.SOMETHING.THERE.I.BELIEVE.IT.TO.MY.BONES.

I will also include this short structure of Facaye genealogy according to my notes in the hopes someone can help me add to it.

Northkil

Re: Major clue about Facaye; found next to "Merihan" plains not far from "Horissamadaga" in the Awash Valley.

Postby Northkil » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:51 pm

Amazing discoveries
I was thinking randomly today about the st sade tomb in green island :lol:

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Major clue about Facaye; found next to "Merihan" plains not far from "Horissamadaga" in the Awash Valley.

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 pm

What’s so significant about salt? Is my question

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:41 pm

Are you serious Saddam?

I am going to give you one quick opportunity...

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:51 pm

Amazing discoveries
It is literally in the same area as "Fa'aio", "Merihan" and "Horisammadaga".

The marbout Sheikh Seide" or the Tomb of Sh Sade"

From 1781

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:14 pm

Ok so their abtirsi is humongous, so where are these people? Could they have moved and changed identities? They should be atleast 300,000 to 1,000,000 :lol: where tf are they I am theorising due to them being extremely far away from Somali society they were sought of forced into becoming a new culture thus they are lost. Look at marexan and in harar, they don't even know what Somalis are they identify tribally. Marexan moved far and wide

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:18 pm

Amazing discoveries

From 1781

What is the modern place specifically of his tomb today

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:28 pm

Amazing discoveries

From 1781

Massawa, Eritrea within the modern Afar triangle where all these locations are in.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:33 pm

Are you serious Saddam?

I am going to give you one quick opportunity...
Yes I’m legitimately curious. I’m the student in this thread as my knowledge is limited in this field so I’m asking you to get a better understanding. I’m smart but I’m a human afterall :lol:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:43 pm

Saddam, SALT made the Abyssinian kingdom. It made the Adal Sultanate.

It made everything because it was the very CURRENCY even up to the 1800's.

Before the modern period, human trade was about essentials.

Salt was the single MOST ESSENTIAL commodity be that had to be traded.

In the history of East Africa, there have been 4 commodities sent for export due to their need;

1. Incense (Myrrh/Frankincense)
2. Coffee
3. Slaves
4. Salt

Of those, Salt was the most essential, the first to be traded and the most continuously traded, and still continues to be.

IT WAS THE VERY BASIC CURRENCY EVEN WITHIN THE LAND.

Lake Assal area is one of the most saline places on earthand was and is one of the largest salt excavations in the ancient and modern world.

IT IS.NOT A COINCIDENCE ALL THE EAST AFRICAN EMPIRES FORMED RIGHT AT THE MOUTH TO LAKE ASSAL, BOTH CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, STATES.

Even the biggest and most important gate in Harar is called ASSUM BARI or.the GATE OF SALT

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:00 pm

Saddam, SALT made the Abyssinian kingdom. It made the Adal Sultanate.

It made everything because it was the very CURRENCY even up to the 1800's.

Before the modern period, human trade was about essentials.

Salt was the single MOST ESSENTIAL commodity be that had to be traded.

In the history of East Africa, there have been 4 commodities sent for export due to their need;

1. Incense (Myrrh/Frankincense)
2. Coffee
3. Slaves
4. Salt

Of those, Salt was the most essential, the first to be traded and the most continuously traded, and still continues to be.

IT WAS THE VERY BASIC CURRENCY EVEN WITHIN THE LAND.

Lake Assal area is one of the most saline places on earthand was and is one of the largest salt excavations in the ancient and modern world.

IT IS.NOT A COINCIDENCE ALL THE EAST AFRICAN EMPIRES FORMED RIGHT AT THE MOUTH TO LAKE ASSAL, BOTH CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, STATES.

Even the biggest and most important gate in Harar is called ASSUM BARI or.the GATE OF SALT
I understand now. I assumed as much. It was a confirmation thanks bro :up:

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 pm

From 1781

Massawa, Eritrea within the modern Afar triangle where all these locations are in.
Been badana you are working with Eritrea, you want beled xaawo don't you

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:55 pm

Are afar facaaye? Landheeeeeeeere :lol: seems legit they are similar to marexan in populous I also have an extremely important fact too about them similar to us

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:57 pm

I have a question did facaaye join their societ where tf are they!!!!

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:00 pm

The Liao name of afar is Adali this shows connection to Adali possibly marexan

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.