Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eritreans claiming marexan

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Azkaban

Eritreans claiming marexan

Postby Azkaban » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:15 pm

What’s the story behind on why so many Eritreans claim marehan and why do so marehans claim that efwerki is wagardac and why so many Somalis think that marehan are actually haneahi in origin because goita tedweros and if you look at marehan abtiris we do have habeshi names in our lineage

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Eritreans claiming marexan

Postby mahoka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:45 pm

What’s the story behind on why so many Eritreans claim marehan and why do so marehans claim that efwerki is wagardac and why so many Somalis think that marehan are actually haneahi in origin because goita tedweros and if you look at marehan abtiris we do have habeshi names in our lineage
Somalis think all darod not only mareexan is Ethiopian ethnic group and not somali. The multiple reference to oromo sky god waaq in darod names (cabudwaaq, jidwaaq,sirwaaq etc), the well documented book ‘fushatul habash’ mentions darod Theodore goita (an orthodox Ethiopian name) etc prove that darod is part of Christian oromo community and nothing to do with somali

Seedyare
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Seedyare » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Somalis think all darod not only mareexan is Ethiopian ethnic group and not somali. The multiple reference to oromo sky god waaq in darod names (cabudwaaq, jidwaaq,sirwaaq etc), the well documented book ‘fushatul habash’ mentions darod Theodore goita (an orthodox Ethiopian name) etc prove that darod is part of Christian oromo community and nothing to do with somali
WAAQ clan names (Irir samaale)

Raamwaaq---- Ciise madoobe
Aarwaaq--------Harti abgaal
Aarwaaq.........Saleebaan ,Hbargidir
waaq-jire------Sacad, habargidir
Cidwaaq--------Sacad Habar Gidir
Isxiijiwaaq-----murusade
Naxariiswaaq--Murusade
Ogoliyewaaq--- Murusade
Diintawaaq----Xawaadle
Doorwaaq------Gaaljecel
Bidewaaq------Gugundhabe
Caabudwaaq---Dagoodi
Sinjiwaaq-------Dir,xer
Miyirwaaq-------mudulood

Waaq clan names (Darood Ismaaciil)

jidwaaq------Jidwaaq Absame
cabudwaaaq--Ogaadeen
tagaalwaaq--Ogaadeen
guudwaaq-----Ogaadeen
Barwaaq-------Ogaadeen
Amartiwaaq---Majeerteen
Waaqmaashe--Marexaan
Gumarwaaq----Marexaan

Now you know Waaq names are found across Somali tribes. Next point, I shall prove to you that Waaq meant Allaah in ancient Somali, I mean the pure Somali spoken in Ahmed Gurey era and beyond.

1. GUUDWAAQ (REE AFBAAB,CAWLYAHAN OG)

lets examine the kindred of some of the waaq clans

Guudwaaq Dalal Cabdu-Allah
Cigaal Dalal Cabdu-Allah
Warfaa Dalal Cabdu-Allah

Warfaaa,Cigaal, Dalal are pure Somali names .Cabda-ALLAH is Arabic name but in Somali it takes different pronunciations ;Cabdille,Cabdalle,Cabdulle

2.CAABUDWAAQ (Talamuge ,Ogaadeeen )

Mahad-Alle Cabudwaaq
Maxamad Cabudwaaq

Isaaq aw Mahad-Alle
Yaaquub aw Mahad-Alle
Cabdikariin aw Mahad-Alle

Gobdoon Maxamad
Gobe Maxamad

gobe and gobdoon are pure somali names and the rest are islamic names

enough about the Ogaden or Absame waaqs , lets now see more examples from Hawiye and Marexaan

Aarwaaq Abuu-Bakr Daashame Saleebaan
cabdallah Sacad
Waaqjire Cawa-reere Sacad

note;The Hawiye version of Abuu-Bakr is Obokor, Abakar or Abiikar,Abokoroow in AF-maay and Abokor in northern and western somali tribes.

REE xasan Gaashireedle (Marexaan sub clan) are; Ree Yuusuf , Ree Ibraahim, Waaq-maashe,Gumarwaaq

In summary, Waaq in ancient Somali was another name for Eebewayne or Allah and some Cushitic neighbors share with us not only the name waaq but also many vocabularies .Second point, Waaq clans have branches with pure Somali or Islamic names (I gave you enough examples) and that rules out your baseless Oromo narrative .

I know you are retarded Sacad Muuse troll but the readers deserve to know the truth about clans with waaq names :sitdown:

Seedyare
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Seedyare » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:21 pm

Not part of the topic but this one is for Mahokaa.

ancient names that take suffix -door include

ii-door
nac-door
nimi-door
hami-door
maka-do

Here are the ancient iidoor tribes before they adopted the Arabic Haashimi narrative.

rambad iidoor
sambuur iidoor
Toljecle Iidoor
Cibraan Iidoor

the above 4 form the Habuusho group

Awal IIdoor
Garxajis Iidoor
Ayuubaan Iidoor (now called Ayuub)
Arab Iidoor

These four are called Habar Magaadle

note: Iidoor is an ancient Somali tribe belonging to Maahe Dir.

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Isxiijiwaaq-----murusade
Naxariiswaaq--Murusade
Ogoliyewaaq--- Murusade
Diintawaaq----Xawaadle
Doorwaaq------Gaaljecel
Bidewaaq------Gugundhabe
Caabudwaaq---Dagoodi
Sinjiwaaq-------Dir,xer
Miyirwaaq-------mudulood

cabudwaaaq--Ogaadeen
tagaalwaaq--Ogaadeen
guudwaaq-----Ogaadeen
Barwaaq-------Ogaadeen
Amartiwaaq---Majeerteen
Waaqmaashe--Marexaan
Gumarwaaq----Marexaan

Now you know Waaq names are found across Somali tribes. Next point, I shall prove to you that Waaq meant Allaah in ancient Somali, I mean the pure Somali spoken in Ahmed Gurey era and beyond.

Cigaal Dalal Cabdu-Allah
Warfaa Dalal Cabdu-Allah

Warfaaa,Cigaal, Dalal are pure Somali names .Cabda-ALLAH is Arabic name but in Somali it takes different pronunciations ;Cabdille,Cabdalle,Cabdulle

Mahad-Alle Cabudwaaq
Maxamad Cabudwaaq

Isaaq aw Mahad-Alle
Yaaquub aw Mahad-Alle

Gobdoon Maxamad
Gobe Maxamad

enough about the Ogaden or Absame waaqs , lets now see more examples from Hawiye and Marexaan

cabdallah Sacad

note;The Hawiye version of Abuu-Bakr is Obokor, Abakar or Abiikar,Abokoroow in AF-maay and Abokor in northern and western somali tribes.

REE xasan Gaashireedle (Marexaan sub clan) are; Ree Yuusuf , Ree Ibraahim, Waaq-maashe,Gumarwaaq

In summary, Waaq in ancient Somali was another name for Eebewayne or Allah and some Cushitic neighbors share with us not only the name waaq but also many vocabularies .Second point, Waaq clans have branches with pure Somali or Islamic names (I gave you enough examples) and that rules out your baseless Oromo narrative .

I know you are retarded Sacad Muuse troll but the readers deserve to know the truth about clans with waaq names :sitdown:
How come I don’t have waaq abtiris then if marehan have waaq in their sub clan I can count my abtiris all the to sheikh darood and have 0 waaq in my abtiris it’s all Islamic and Somali/harari names maybe those marehan sub clans that have waaq in them probably got adopted into the tribe

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:19 pm

Oromos didn’t even reach the area until the 1600s before they were Kenya plus its you isaaqs who come from Oromo slave women I have sources

Seedyare
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Seedyare » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:08 am

Isxiijiwaaq-----murusade
Naxariiswaaq--Murusade
Ogoliyewaaq--- Murusade
Diintawaaq----Xawaadle
Doorwaaq------Gaaljecel
Bidewaaq------Gugundhabe
Caabudwaaq---Dagoodi
Sinjiwaaq-------Dir,xer
Miyirwaaq-------mudulood

cabudwaaaq--Ogaadeen
tagaalwaaq--Ogaadeen
guudwaaq-----Ogaadeen
Barwaaq-------Ogaadeen
Amartiwaaq---Majeerteen
Waaqmaashe--Marexaan
Gumarwaaq----Marexaan

Cigaal Dalal Cabdu-Allah
Warfaa Dalal Cabdu-Allah

Mahad-Alle Cabudwaaq
Maxamad Cabudwaaq

Isaaq aw Mahad-Alle
Yaaquub aw Mahad-Alle

Gobdoon Maxamad
Gobe Maxamad

cabdallah Sacad

How come I don’t have waaq abtiris then if marehan have waaq in their sub clan I can count my abtiris all the to sheikh darood and have 0 waaq in my abtiris it’s all Islamic and Somali/harari names maybe those marehan sub clans that have waaq in them probably got adopted into the tribe
Who said Waaq is exclusive to Oromo ? If you are not another Ayduur troll please read and comprehend my reply to Mahoka

1.Waaq is cushitic name for Allah.It is never exclusive to Oromo
2.clan with waaq names have branches with pure Somali or Islamic names such as warfaa ,Dalal ,Mahad-Allah,Cabdikarin
3.Waaq names were not frequent in Somali tribes perhaps less than 40 in total.Maority of Somali clans either have pure Somali or islamic names

COMMON SOMALI CLAN NAMES (Pure Somali )

Warfaa
Geedi
Dudub
Rooble
Samatar
Wacays
Kooshin
Warsame
Kaliil etc

Common Somali names of Islamic origin

Abokor (Abuu-bakr)
Celi (Cali)
Maxaad (Maxamad)
Suleiman (Saleebaan)
Idarays (Idiris)
Yoonis
names with the prefix Cabdi

cabdille
cabdalle
cabdikarin etc

I believe Somali are closely related to Oromo and almost 1/4 of eastern Oromo are originally Somali but again the oromo narrative of Mahoka is totally wrong maybe he is doing for the sake of trolling Marehan .

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:24 am

Isxiijiwaaq-----murusade
Naxariiswaaq--Murusade
Ogoliyewaaq--- Murusade
Diintawaaq----Xawaadle
Doorwaaq------Gaaljecel
Bidewaaq------Gugundhabe
Caabudwaaq---Dagoodi
Sinjiwaaq-------Dir,xer
Miyirwaaq-------mudulood

cabudwaaaq--Ogaadeen
tagaalwaaq--Ogaadeen
guudwaaq-----Ogaadeen
Barwaaq-------Ogaadeen
Amartiwaaq---Majeerteen
Waaqmaashe--Marexaan
Gumarwaaq----Marexaan

Cigaal Dalal Cabdu-Allah
Warfaa Dalal Cabdu-Allah

Mahad-Alle Cabudwaaq
Maxamad Cabudwaaq

Isaaq aw Mahad-Alle
Yaaquub aw Mahad-Alle

Gobdoon Maxamad
Gobe Maxamad

cabdallah Sacad

Waaq has nothing to do with Somali religions, language of culture- waaq is an Ethiopian entity.

That would make sense as it means hawiye is also not originally somali.

Goes to prove real Somalis never went past sanaag.

Hawiye must’ve been conquered by ajuuran sultanate who made them adopt somalinimo. Darod must’ve been domesticated by Adal empire.

I am not insulting you so don’t get emotional,

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:22 am

Waaq is an Galla sky god all u have proven here seedyare is that your darood is intact just an offshoot of galla

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NGM » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:54 am

Bestplaya

You dug deep to find the only two MX subs with Waaq in it, just so you can say MX is like Kablalax(MJ-OG) and also has Waaq. Come on every Somali knows Waaq is a Kablalax thing, the quantity of Waaq in Kablalax and other weird names is just too much. :lol:

Khalid Waaq is clearly proto-cushetic or Oromo influenced name, however Kablalax abtirsi inconsistency has no end, Dhulbahante and OG apparently are brothers from their mom side but the average OG has like 40+ names to Darood, while Dhulbahante is like 20, it doesn't make sense :lol:

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:45 pm

Bestplaya

You dug deep to find the only two MX subs with Waaq in it, just so you can say MX is like Kablalax(MJ-OG) and also has Waaq. Come on every Somali knows Waaq is a Kablalax thing, the quantity of Waaq in Kablalax and other weird names is just too much. :lol:

Khalid Waaq is clearly proto-cushetic or Oromo influenced name, however Kablalax abtirsi inconsistency has no end, Dhulbahante and OG apparently are brothers from their mom side but the average OG has like 40+ names to Darood, while Dhulbahante is like 20, it doesn't make sense :lol:
Darod abtirsi is clearly made up since there are so many inconsistencies. Forget cagdheer, don’t the so called harti have different length abirsi? Kkkkkkkkkk

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NGM » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:50 pm

Bestplaya

Darod abtirsi is clearly made up since there are so many inconsistencies. Forget cagdheer, don’t the so called harti have different length abirsi? Kkkkkkkkkk
That is correct, OG and Dhullos most recent common ancestor is Kablalax ibn Darood ibn Jabarti, while MJ and Dhulbahante common ancestor is 7 generation down from Jabarti, this closer relation has not decreased the difference in Abtirsi length, and the ordinary MJ has double the abtirsi lengh of the ordinary Dhulbahante alive today, how did that happen. :lol:

That is just one point, Dhulbahante also do not have a single Waaq in their abtirsi, while MJ probably have the most among Kablalax. They don't even share lahjad despite being neighbors, and of course their cultural leadership are not only different but the titles are different, Dhulbahante have Garad and Ugaas, neither of which MJ use, they use Islaan, Beeldaaje. :lol:

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:10 pm

So explain abgaal and other clans having waa,idiot and I dont f-king know why you are acting like your ancestors invented islam or something they were gaal too I know the PTSD from marexan molested your brain,? But still try to understand
😂

Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:13 pm

Isxiijiwaaq-----murusade
Naxariiswaaq--Murusade
Ogoliyewaaq--- Murusade
Diintawaaq----Xawaadle
Doorwaaq------Gaaljecel
Bidewaaq------Gugundhabe
Caabudwaaq---Dagoodi
Sinjiwaaq-------Dir,xer
Miyirwaaq-------mudulood

cabudwaaaq--Ogaadeen
tagaalwaaq--Ogaadeen
guudwaaq-----Ogaadeen
Barwaaq-------Ogaadeen
Amartiwaaq---Majeerteen
Waaqmaashe--Marexaan
Gumarwaaq----Marexaan

Cigaal Dalal Cabdu-Allah
Warfaa Dalal Cabdu-Allah

Mahad-Alle Cabudwaaq
Maxamad Cabudwaaq

Isaaq aw Mahad-Alle
Yaaquub aw Mahad-Alle

Gobdoon Maxamad
Gobe Maxamad

cabdallah Sacad

Waaq has nothing to do with Somali religions, language of culture- waaq is an Ethiopian entity.

That would make sense as it means hawiye is also not originally somali.

Goes to prove real Somalis never went past sanaag.

Hawiye must’ve been conquered by ajuuran sultanate who made them adopt somalinimo. Darod must’ve been domesticated by Adal empire.

I am not insulting you so don’t get emotional,
It is funny the man from the isaaq clan which claim a dir mother just like darood 😂😂 you dont even know your ancestors, you have an inferiority complex due to darood ruling for 21 years I have even seen you were enslaved by majeerteen

Seedyare
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Seedyare » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:38 pm

Mahoka and Khalid

The present Somali community were muslims ever since they branched off from their cushitic folks. Maybe the emergence of Islam in the horn of Africa curved the Somali out of the larger cushitic people .I am taking that assumption because the present Somali clans are not older than 13th century (1200s)

The Somali (Muslim cushites) and the Gaalla(the pagan cushities). Somali tribes expanded to the West and South pushing back Gaalla tribes in the process.

The proto-Somali Gaalla were driven out of Somali territories by the Somali muslims .The Raaxawayn drove southern Gaala Warrradaya from Bay and Bakool in 1600s .That was after the decline of Ajuuraan which lead to the rise of powerful Raaxawayn clans and Abgaal imaamate .

Iidoor Folkore indicate Yoonis Adaraxman (HJ) was killed by a Galla warrior .His younger bother Barre inherited his wife and she gave birth to Yoonis Barre .The young Yoonis was named after his slain uncle .

Gaal-eri is the largest Ree Biciidyahan sub clan .Faarax Cisman was given the name Gaaleri because of his heroics in the expulsion of Galla from north-central Somalia .Gaal-eri is also common surname in Ogaden clans .

In the early 1800 , Wiil-waal defeated the Eastern Galla tribes of Akishe and Jaarsa (they are now partly somalised) .Ogaden warriors helped their Jidwaaq cousins to tame the Eastern Galla .There is historic poem by Wiil-waal depicting the incident .

In the southern frontiers , around 1860s Ogaden tribes crushed Southern Galla to submission .The grand Ogaden Suldans at the time were Cabdi Ibraahim Geelle (Cabudwaaq ,Ree Guleed) and Magan Yuusuf Nuur (Ree Cabdille,Ree Warfaa) .Ogaden and other expansionist clans dominated Boraan ,Koreey and Warra-daya and that effectively marked the last major land grab conducted by the Muslim Somali against their Gaalo-madow cousins :lol:

In Summary, Islam is one of the intial defining factors of Somali-ness after the language and Culture . Before the Islamization and the emergence of “Somali “ community , the powerful Galla tribes and other proto-Somali groups dominted the land . Ogaden Folkore indicate that the wells of Haro-Digeed were dug by tall people with huge physical body features .Guleed XasanWayd Haaruun killed their leader and big bodied community were defeated to extinction .

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.