Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Songs about Gedo cities

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Songs about Gedo cities

Postby Ugaas Diini » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:45 am

Know of any? There is this one about a place outside Baled Xawo written by my moms adeer but some wiji macbuus remade it to praise some other city. Laughing The song still talks about this place I mentioned above though. All he did was inject the name of another city. Anyway do you know of any song?

Qaarxiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Qaarxiye » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:01 am

No help here...............heeso somaliyeed maba dageesti, how-ever I can do a rap song about any givin city in gedo. Cool

Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ugaas Diini » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:46 am

To do a rap song or any song for that matter, don't you need to know about the place first.

DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DawladSade » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:32 am

Beled-Xaawo by Binti Cumar Gacal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE4MxQKw158

Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ugaas Diini » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:03 pm

That is a cool song but it just mentions Baled Xawo with many other cities like Bossasso and Burco. I guess the names all started with B and the writer wanted to rhyme. There is also the Bakar Bakar Baabuurka Ii Jooji song. He mentions Bardheere. Laughing

I know real songs though.........although changed all together now.

R.I.P Kiyan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby R.I.P Kiyan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:16 am

in the gheeeeeeto

Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ugaas Diini » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Is Akon from Gedo? I thought he was half Senegalese half Guulane.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.