Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre- War Kismaayo was the place to go

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
GalliumerianSlayer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Pre- War Kismaayo was the place to go

Postby GalliumerianSlayer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:31 am

Pre-war Kismaayo was a diverse place, regarding qaabil and other ethnic minorities (Indians lived there aswell for example, Bajuuni, Arabs, etc..).

Look at it now :tocry: :tocry:

Damn you Kacaan regime.

Geeljire252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Pre- War Kismaayo was the place to go

Postby Geeljire252 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:38 am

Even now it's very diverse.
Just the politics is bad.
Everyone is saying "unuka iska leh"
Kkkkkk we even have people from the faraway regions of Nugaal and Bari claiming it.

Can't we all leave Kismaayo to the natives. :snoop: :snoop:

Halmogg
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Halmogg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:51 am

:troll: this is the new reality sxb, mixed cities are rare this days and i welcome it. Let everyone build their towns and folks can claim whatever they want online :D

GalliumerianSlayer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GalliumerianSlayer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:51 am

It was beautiful back then...

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Kacaan = pre 91, Those minority's lived there in peace, and escaped the Death, robbery, rape and destruction the Militias brought During the Civil War. There wasn't a Big war in Kismaayo so why haven't these minority's stayed? After the govt? Cause they new rape, killings, looting and lawlessness was coming.

I don't understand why people make stories up..

Geeljire252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Geeljire252 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:33 am

Kacaan = pre 91, Those minority's lived there in peace, and escaped the Death, robbery, rape and destruction the Militias brought During the Civil War. There wasn't a Big war in Kismaayo so why haven't these minority's stayed? After the govt? Cause they new rape, killings, looting and lawlessness was coming.

I don't understand why people make stories up..
Before 1969, pre Kacaan = no MOD refugees.

Kismaayo= belong to natives. Minority, majority and tourists lived in peace.

What did those mod refugees do in Kismaayo apart from bring war, clan conflicts and support a mad regime.

Kismaayo Refugees should be repatriated to their homeland on the north like Kenya is doing.

sav12600
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby sav12600 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:36 am

Pre-war Kismaayo was a diverse place, regarding qaabil and other ethnic minorities (Indians lived there aswell for example, Bajuuni, Arabs, etc..).

Look at it now :tocry: :tocry:

Damn you Kacaan regime.

So was hargaisa, Mogadishu, and even jowhar was named after the famous Italians that settled there and turned it into a farm town

Marka, barrawe and shabelle hoose used to be the most diverse and still is until today and are all are shitholes which I hate to say and today thier fate is in the hands of some Amisom clowns or all shabaab

Kismayo/jl is by far the only city that survived and haven't harmed the minorities and it's one of the reasons why Ahmed madoobe is so popular.

Btw I do agree with u on one point, fuck the kacaan it was the root of all our problems
But now the country will truly move on a justly manner where every federal state can devlop thier regions.

Halmogg
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Halmogg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 am

^
You cant blame the kacaan on what happened after it collapsed, why didn't the USC try and form a gov when he was out of xamar instead of fighting against each other and coming all the way to freaking gedo to fight? lol Truth is, its a miracle we even survived that long as 1 entity. we have returned the way we were before the colonial project. I welcome it.

Masaasbaa

Postby Masaasbaa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:01 am

:troll: this is the new reality sxb, mixed cities are rare this days and i welcome it. Let everyone build their towns and folks can claim whatever they want online :D
more mixed cities? no thank you :whoa: I'm not looking forward to a Mogadishu part 2 sxb :damn:

Halmogg
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Halmogg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:03 am

more mixed cities? no thank :whoa: you I'm not looking forward to a Mogadishu part 2 sxb :damn:
lol, am for everybody staying/investing in their regions

Masaasbaa

Postby Masaasbaa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:08 am

more mixed cities? no thank :whoa: you I'm not looking forward to a Mogadishu part 2 sxb :damn:
Thats the only way to go these days, you dont want to be building villas and roads in ''mixed cities'' and tomorrow have a reer baadiye come from afar squat on your houses and what not. we dont want history repeating it self :wow:

Halmogg
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Halmogg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 am

Thats the only way to go these days, you dont want to be building villas and roads in ''mixed cities'' and tomorrow have a reer baadiye come from afar squat on your houses and what not.
lol, yep the vast majority have learned their lesson but u will see folks still doing it today

Geeljire252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Geeljire252 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:25 am

^
You cant blame the kacaan on what happened after it collapsed, why didn't the USC try and form a gov when he was out of xamar instead of fighting against each other and coming all the way to freaking gedo to fight? lol Truth is, its a miracle we even survived that long as 1 entity. we have returned the way we were before the colonial project. I welcome it.
:comeon:
Your talking straight outta your ass.

USC did form a government after consulting with local elders.

https://youtu.be/TFRpRW_JGkI

Under USC/SNA Kismaayo prospered :som: :D
Under Kacaan Kismaayo was looted :down:

Halmogg
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Halmogg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 am

:deadrose: sure buddy

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:48 am

Yeah they escaped the government and the USC saved the minority's from looting, rape and killing that was going on from 1960 to 1991

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.